Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small scale grease trap dewatering

Hi all,
    I am new here and wrestling with a problem... thought someone might have worked it out already. I have taken on pumping of several small (~40 gal) grease traps in my area not because I want to but because I want the jetting and the restaraunts only want one bill and one company to talk to. I have a poblem with disposal (shocker). I don't pump septics, so cant mix the grease into that to get rid of it. Can't find any composting who will take it, though the landfill is trying to start that and will take it wet next summer if they get it going. Meantime I want a potable rig I can roll in, suck the trap, dewater the grease to paint filter test standards for the landfill, and dump the water back in the trap. Am working with a 55 gal drum with a 100 micron filter bag in it right now.... its a pain to use as is but the basic concept works... wondering if anything ready-made exists or if I have to continue creating this monstrosity. Any thoughts?
    -Alex
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Small scale grease trap dewatering

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
    Hi all,
    I am new here and wrestling with a problem... thought someone might have worked it out already. I have taken on pumping of several small (~40 gal) grease traps in my area not because I want to but because I want the jetting and the restaraunts only want one bill and one company to talk to. I have a poblem with disposal (shocker). I don't pump septics, so cant mix the grease into that to get rid of it. Can't find any composting who will take it, though the landfill is trying to start that and will take it wet next summer if they get it going. Meantime I want a potable rig I can roll in, suck the trap, dewater the grease to paint filter test standards for the landfill, and dump the water back in the trap. Am working with a 55 gal drum with a 100 micron filter bag in it right now.... its a pain to use as is but the basic concept works... wondering if anything ready-made exists or if I have to continue creating this monstrosity. Any thoughts?
    -Alex

If you read the Cleaner Magazine, In there is an add for a Conde Vac...small portable pumper exactly for that use...if you dont get the cleaner...try looking up Conde Vac on the internet...I use to use one with a company i use to work for who had a Hackney body in the back with a ramp to unload and load back onto the truck...You could wheel it right into the restuarants...if your using a van...you might want to get a ramp, the vac is pretty heavy when full.. They have different capasities of gallons...It worked great when i used it...Now to dump it is a different story...We got hooked up with a Septic Co who would come out once a month and pump out the 50 gallon drums that we disposed the grease into

Greg
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Thanks,
      I've seen it, and I like it, but.... I want to dump the water back in the trap on site and have a dry enough grease product the landfill can accept it. Also, the vac-in-building blows nasty smell all around. My current concept is a 55 gal drum, filter bag inside, with a 1' high stand below the bag inside the drum. my drum lid has 2 connections on top for 2" flex vac line like the carpet cleaners use. one goes to a wand to suck out the trap, one goes outside to another (empty) drum with a vac head on it. that sucks down the drum inside, and keeps the smell outside, then the water filters thru and I pump it back into the empty trap.

This works.... kinda. My drum isnt big enough for some of the traps I do and I have to do them in stages. If the trap water is too hot, some of the grease is liquid and I dont get it all out of the water. And the filter bag takes too long to drain down... if I have a bunch of jetting to do its ok as I let it drip while I do that.... but its still a pain and really that bag needs to hangs for like 2 days to get dry enough. I need some sort of press to squish the water thru.

Alex
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Not sure if they would want it but have you checked for any local biodiesel producers?

Comment

way too contaminated for those guys; they want fryer oil, not grease trap waste

Comment

Working...
          X