k-1500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-1500

i am look at a used k1500 the guy said it runs good but he dont know if the clutch needs adjusted or replaced. he said it dont make any noises but you got to push a little harder to spin cable. my q. is what do i look for when buying it is there a adjuster or will it need replaced if it does need replaced is it hard to do and what do they cost for part. thanks for any help

Re: k-1500

not really a clutch, more of a 3 piece jaw set. approx. cost $40.00

there is a adjustment at the rear next to the rear guide hose.

i would be more concerned with the condition of the cables.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

there is 4 cables all for 400 dollars. where is the best place to get parts for it at thank you

Comment

is the part called a jaw assembly is that the part that am looking for. is it in the front, the adjustment
        is in the back where would i start first to find out what it is. do all k1500 units us 1 1/4 cable i never thought to as him if it had that size cables. thank you

Comment

http://www.ridgidparts.com/rtctable.phtml?id=521

look at part #7 jaw assy.

there is a jaw set for 7/8'' cable, but the machine is a monster for the 7/8'' cable.

$400 is a bargain for the 1500 and cables.

the adjustment is part# 33. loosen the set screw and tighten the part 33. this will allow for take up on the jaw assy.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I have jaws for 5/8", 7/8" and 1 1/4" which came with my K-500 and I believe they are interchangable with my K-1500. Of course I don't know why you would want to use them unless you only owned one machine.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
            X