X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone use a rodder?

Is anyone experienced with a rodder? I've never seen one, let alone used one. Interested to hear about a different machine/technique and what it's good for if anyone has that experience.

-Alex
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: anyone use a rodder?

With today's cable machines why would anyone want to use a rodder?
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
      Is anyone experienced with a rodder? I've never seen one, let alone used one. Interested to hear about a different machine/technique and what it's good for if anyone has that experience.

-Alex
      I've never used one before but I believe they are best suited for mainline stuff running from manhole to manhole.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

no idea... thats what I'm asking
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
          no idea... thats what I'm asking
          Wow it is for 8" through 24" so I doubt any of us would use it. I do see them for sale on eBay every once in a while. Here is the owner's manual.

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/A3AA5BA...Rodder_Man.pdf

Mark

Okay I read the manual and this thing is scary and it takes two guys to run the thing. However, I'm wondering what it would be like to run a 12" corkscrew.
          Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-16-2007, 09:59 PM.
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

rodders are not designed to go around bends. just getting them into the manhole is fun enough.

i don't even own one and don't plan on it, yet

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Hope I can shed some light on this question. As a utility Lineman I used several rodding trucks over the years. They are best suited for heavy duty ducts ceramic, cement, metal and if you're careful pvc.. Basically the 1/2" steel rod is sandwiched between two sets of rollers and in addition to moving in and out of the machine the coil can be spun on it's drum. A rubber reinforced steel hose of about 15' leads off the back of the truck and can be secured to the duct in a number of ways. A slow oil drip is added to the rod as you power it forward. A pressure guage lets you know how much resistance the rod is experiencing. If you hit an obstruction, you pull back a foot or two, put a spin on the rod and go forward slow! These machines are very strong and very dangerous, best to have one or two people at either end with good walkie talkies. Try to know your distance the machine has a counter. Frank.

Comment

Check this site out, im pretty sure there are a couple of pictures of old rodders in there, plus has a ton of other pictures....its a really cool site.

The History of Sanitary Sewers
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Best way to clean 8" and up is a big jetter the rodder is out dated
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X