X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8- K-39S ? which one

Have the 3/4 hp with 3/4" cable general, k-373 with 1/2" cable. Now I would like to add a hand held,for 1 1/4" to 2" lines. I don't want to spend a ton of $$. There are also other brands,can I say that?. Is the bulb the only option? Knives would clean the scummy lines best ,right? Maybe E- Bay ,used would work. Thanks again ,Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: 8- K-39S ? which one

I would recommend the K-39AF or the k-40. There's a guy selling the k-39af on ebay for around 200. Not sure on the price on k-40 but I know it's probably twice as much. There is a 3/8" cable that you can put cutter heads on but both of these machines lack any real torque. I really like my 5/16 innercore bulb end cable. Works very well.

I also have a power spin which I soley use for snaking out the w/o on bathtubs. Works great for that purpose but nothing else.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

tool the new k-39 with the dual feed is very good. i wouldn't suggest blades as the larges cable is 3/8'' and you'll have fun with blades on a hand held 3/8'' machine.

i would suggest the k50 as i used it today on a toilet main and a 2'' floor sink. the 5/8'' sectional cable is flexible and there is a good selection of cutters made for it. also you can get drum adapters for it in 3/8'' and 5/16''.

it's also marks favorite machine

i'll stick with my k-60 as my favorite

the 50 will do 5/8'' max. the 60 will do 7/8'' max and also 5/8''.

once you go k-60, you'll retire your big general

if i'm wrong, you can keep your steaks, but if i'm right, you owe me 3

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I use a small electric jetter for anything up to 2" except tubs/showers, which are always hair, which a 1/4" cable works better on IMO. I use a carwash unit adapted to run up to 1" nozzles on 1/8" hose.... most important thing is get one that won't blow a 15 amp breaker and good hose and nozzles. I hook on the sink aereator for water...2gpm at ~1000psi. I can't tell you how many times I've followed someone else who used a snake on a kitchen sink a few days later... the snake just swirls the grease around, the jetter liquifies and removes it. Consider it.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Can you post pics? Have you ever camered a line afterwards to see how it looks? Do you snake it first then jet it or just jet it from the get go?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ace that's interesting,makes sense ! I have a 2700 psi pressure washer and much hose. Anyway I could use this for 2" and smaller??
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

a jetter works great for kitchen drains. but i wouldn't suggest it inside of a house. too much potential for a mess. i tend to snake it inside and jet it from the outside.

i use a 2hp. electric 1500 psi 2.1 gpm electric jetter for indoor work. it will pop a 20 amp breaker when it runs too long.

i prefer a gas jetter as this will never blow a breaker and will provide a lot more pressure and volume. i keep a 2500# 3gpm in the truck just for this along with the 2hp. electric. the 18hp portable and trailer jetter stay at the shop.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Don't own a non-pipe camera, will try to borrow one and put some pics up if there is interest.

Tool- I don't see why not; you need APPROPRIATE hose, not just whatever came to squirt the car with, a couple nozzles, and a way to hook nozzle to hose and hose to machine. Also you want a machine about 2gpm, 1200psi.... and less than a 15 amp draw... I use AR's smaller one, the 'vip.' What gpm is yours? my only thought is that at 2700 psi you will either be way low on gpm or will be drawing more than 15amp. you might be ok if you keep the psi dialed down to 1000 or so. It ruins my day to go rooting through the homeowners closets trying to find the breaker box or (god forbid) the fuses.

Rick- mess not a problem and you know this is a concern of mine from our drum vs. sectional discussions.... a bucket under the rough-in catches the water nicely for a sink, and a wet vac for floor drains/floor sinks.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

ps- Josh? this system really does kick butt, and some friendly, reputable pipe-related-stuff selling company ought to offer it as a package instead of my having to create it from 3 different suppliers plus a ton of bits from the hardware store. If any of your product development folks are interested, I'll set them up with the whole package for a small consideration (like one of those K-60's Rick loves so much).

-Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                    ps- Josh? this system really does kick butt, and some friendly, reputable pipe-related-stuff selling company ought to offer it as a package instead of my having to create it from 3 different suppliers plus a ton of bits from the hardware store. If any of your product development folks are interested, I'll set them up with the whole package for a small consideration (like one of those K-60's Rick loves so much).

-Alex
                    ridgid currently has 4 different jetters to chose from.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Jetters

so that k-60 is on your own dime

but worth every penny for it

come out to the ridgid round up next year and josh will cut us a deal

all you can carry out for $100.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      ridgid currently has 4 different jetters to chose from.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Jetters

so that k-60 is on your own dime

but worth every penny for it

come out to the ridgid round up next year and josh will cut us a deal

all you can carry out for $100.

rick.
                      mine is better...way better... and I'd love to see it in a nice kit with tasteful red accents on the plastic and a nice logo.

I'm in for the roundup...and I can carry ALOT! Also, if I can get away, the pumper show in KY; I'm still working out my miniature dewatering rig for the greasetraps and want to pick brains/kick tires on anything that might work.

Comment

Working...
                      X