Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For My Money

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
    I have to agree with you on that. The only cable im going to put thru a toilet is a Toilet Auger. I wouldnt feel comfortable put any kind of maching cable thru a toilet. What if there is tree roots just past the toilet sweep, and you catch a huge ball of it. Then your either shattering the toilet, or taking the toilet off with the cable still in the line and the pipe still backed up, and then the big mess....I stick with just sucking the toilet dry and take the toilet off...
    I`m with ya on that one for sure
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      I`m with ya on that one for sure

with the k-7500, i agree with you

with the k-50 and 5/8'' sectional or k-60 with 5/8'' sectional i have to disagree with you

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        both were cleared with the new impressionator, the k-50 with 5/8'' cable and a bulb auger. first one through the 2'' shower drain and the other through the kohler toilet the sectional grabs and winds up all the wipes it comes into contact with.

rick.
        Rick,

You mean to tell me that a 5/8" sectional can negotiate a 2" trap? And a toilet trap?

Was the 2" trap plastic, no hub, or durham?

How do you know or insure that the bulb head is going down the sani-tee instead of up it?

I think I'm the only one here who knows the reason why you decided to snake through the toilet.......because its a Kohler Your Favorite.

Heck, if ya busted it up, who cares, you can sell 'em an American Standard My favorite.

Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by yasudaplumbing View Post
          Rick,

You mean to tell me that a 5/8" sectional can negotiate a 2" trap? 7 days a week with my eyes closed. i even did it once with a 7/8'' cable and auger end. once was enough as i didn't know the condensate roof drain was 2'' and had a trap And a toilet trap? you have to remember that the 5/8'' sectional is a very flexible open wind cable. more flexible than a closet auger cable.

Was the 2" trap plastic, no hub, or durham?

How do you know or insure that the bulb head is going down the sani-tee instead of up it? because it's a san tee. it's suppose to go down a san tee. if it went up, i would hear it on the roof.

I think I'm the only one here who knows the reason why you decided to snake through the toilet.......because its a Kohler Your Favorite.

Heck, if ya busted it up, who cares, you can sell 'em an American Standard My favorite. or a toto, my favorite

Tracy
          it's not just kohlers that i've done.

i can't get my micro camera through a toilet. i've only tried once. too stiff and too delicate to negotiate the toilet trap. but a sectional cable is very similar to the characteristics of a closet auger, ridgid or general.

next time you have a trash toilet. try it with a 5/8'' sectional machine. remember, i'm not chasing roots, i'm grabbing baby wipes. lots of them

of course, joey and i have no problem coming to hawaii to have a show and tell.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
            and people think I'm crazy when I tell them I jet through cast in urinal traps...

nice innovation but I have 2 concerns... marking the visible portion of the porcelain with the cable (use a toilet auger with the cable and handle pulled out as a guide?), and putting a big enough tool through the line I feel confident I've cured the problem, not just got the line flowing.... in general I like to put a tool about an inch smaller than the line im working on through it to feel confident I'm not coming back soon.... but I can see the time savings, especially when the tile guy grouted the stool down lol.

-Alex

I agree. I would be concerned with the amount of tension on the cable and the cable not spinning freely enough to clean the drain properly.

Second, I understand you can diagnos the problem with running fixtures and getting a good idea of where the stoppage is, but I have a problem with putting a cable down a toilet trap and then running it through a closet bend and a santee then a comby.

I will stick to my auger, and when the need arises, pull the toilet or snake the vent.

Impressionators only last up until the first toilet cracks, or the toilet breaks when the customer sits on it, and the angle stop does not turn off and floods the house.

To each their own I know my insurance appreciates my low risk attitude.
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

That time of the month for you
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
              X