k-750 a drainer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: k-750 a drainer?

What do you do if the vent is not on the edge of the roof? Just climbing on a snow covered roof would be dangerous only carrying a pvc pipe.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      We go off the IPC of 100` now but there was a time when there was no code`s. I will run my K-7500 up to 400` before I tell em it`s time for the backhoe and a clean-out install
      400'- are you joking? Can the 7500 even spin that much cable?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

are you exagerating on the 400ft??? Is there enough torque and power on that machine to turn that much cable???
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          What do you do if the vent is not on the edge of the roof? Just climbing on a snow covered roof would be dangerous only carrying a pvc pipe.
          I slide the pipe (Standing on the ladder) to the top "peak" of the roof and roll it over in to the vent. "do it all the time" I have a 4X3 cupler and a 6" cut off of 3" that I stick on the end so it wont slide out of the vent stack and it makes the cutter go down real nice
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            400'- are you joking? Can the 7500 even spin that much cable?
            "YES" but big root balls are a real pita to pull back. If it`s just sludge or paper no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
              are you exagerating on the 400ft??? Is there enough torque and power on that machine to turn that much cable???
              Wanta come spend a day with me

BTW I`m waiting on a big long call out so I can video it and win the Ridgid Video deal
              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-20-2007, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Absolutely.. I love to see different ways guys clean drains..and im being serious....Your setup is the first ive ever seen like that...its very interesting. Thats why i love these boards..something i see as overkill, works for you..and thats great...id be interested in watching it live. Im always looking for better, cheaper, faster ways of doing drains. I dont get many roof jobs around here with all the curbtraps and cleanouts, but that setup looks good for jetting a kitchen sink stack without getting on the roof. I like it.
                Last edited by Drain Medic; 12-20-2007, 08:23 PM.
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

Yep, that would also work good for jetting
                  Some time we`ll have to hook up and I`ll show ya the works

Comment

Name 3 things that I cant do with my K-7500 that you can do with your K-60 and I`ll tell ya how I would do em

1. Clear a bathtub stoppage though the overflow of the bathtub.

2. Clear a 2" floor sink stoppage in the middle of a commercial kitchen during their dinner rush.

3. Clear a stoppage in a 4" main in the crawl space 20' from the crawl access.

Of course I am sure you would be able to accomplish all of these things by either using a different machine or spending all day and a lot of the customers money digging cleanouts but I am curious how you could do them with your K-7500? Now for fun why don't you tell us three things you can do with your K-7500 we can't do with a K-60.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

The max we've run on a drum machine with 3/4" cable was 500' (might have been 600') and then when we hit the stoppage we had to help the drum by spinning it by hand. Thankfully it was a soft stoppage so we cleared it but it was a bunch of work.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        1. Clear a bathtub stoppage though the overflow of the bathtub.

2. Clear a 2" floor sink stoppage in the middle of a commercial kitchen during their dinner rush.

3. Clear a stoppage in a 4" main in the crawl space 20' from the crawl access.

Of course I am sure you would be able to accomplish all of these things by either using a different machine or spending all day and a lot of the customers money digging cleanouts but I am curious how you could do them with your K-7500? Now for fun why don't you tell us three things you can do with your K-7500 we can't do with a K-60.

Mark
                        your kidding me right....rotflmao. You all really need to come spend a day with me and I`ll show you time saving, money making tips!

ok

1. I would use my Makita drum drill machine with 35` of cable

2. same as one

3. I pipe to it just like the roof and I dont have to drag a machine and cable and a cord in there. I can set down on my 5 gal bucket and smoke a smoke while I let the 7500 do all the work I work smarter not HARDER!

Comment

Now for fun why don't you tell us three things you can do with your K-7500 we can't do with a K-60.

Mark
                          I doubt the k-60 can clear a stoppage 400' away.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The max we've run on a drum machine with 3/4" cable was 500' (might have been 600') and then when we hit the stoppage we had to help the drum by spinning it by hand. Thankfully it was a soft stoppage so we cleared it but it was a bunch of work.

Mark

wow 500-600ft of cable on a drum machine, id be worried that i couldnt get it back...Turning by hand must have been fun. Thankfully for you it was a soft blockage. Id be worried running that much, my luck it would get caught on roots.. Worst i ever did with a drum machine was run a stack for a highrise building from the 9th floor with a spartan 1065. Made it all the way out to 100ft ...Took 4 guys to bring the cable back up the stack Will never do that again, but that was the only access they had. What a nightmare

Comment

3 things I wouldnt have to do.

Buy new carpet because my cable snagged it

Clean up the mess or plastic the whole room to keep from getting a mess

Drag anything up on a roof and pay for damage caused by me or my machines Next

run 400 feet of inner core

the list goes on and on for me.

I have more then one machine to do what ever job is at hand to save time and money.

I`d take a picture of the inside of my trailer but after today you couldnt make out anything....lmao
                              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-20-2007, 08:45 PM.

Comment

your kidding me right....rotflmao. You all really need to come spend a day with me and I`ll show you time saving, money making tips!

ok

1. I would use my Makita drum drill machine with 35` of cable

2. same as one

3. I pipe to it just like the roof and I dont have to drag a machine and cable and a cord in there. I can set down on my 5 gal bucket and smoke a smoke while I let the 7500 do all the work I work smarter not HARDER!
                                I'm not buying it for a minute.

1 & 2. There is no way your drum drill will give the customer as good a job or clean the harder stoppages my 5/8" cable can clean.

3. I would have my machine at the cleanout and clearing the drain in about the same amount of time it took you to get your equipment off of your truck and with less effort.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X