Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: k-750 a drainer?

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
    wow 500-600ft of cable on a drum machine, id be worried that i couldnt get it back...Turning by hand must have been fun. Thankfully for you it was a soft blockage. Id be worried running that much, my luck it would get caught on roots.. Worst i ever did with a drum machine was run a stack for a highrise building from the 9th floor with a spartan 1065. Made it all the way out to 100ft ...Took 4 guys to bring the cable back up the stack Will never do that again, but that was the only access they had. What a nightmare
    This was after closing at one of the Mann's Theaters. We had three trucks there and each truck carried 2-100' drums of 3/4". I had done a locate in the parking lot and was prepared to dig it up but it never came to that. It was a pretty stressful cleaning.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

You are nuts if you think you can unload a K-60 and a basket of cable and then go back for your cutters faster then I can grab my drill drum machine and pull a trap... come on now lets get for real

less effort getting out of your truck, maybe as Mine is a real mess right now.....rotflmao
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        This was after closing at one of the Mann's Theaters. We had three trucks there and each truck carried 2-100' drums of 3/4". I had done a locate in the parking lot and was prepared to dig it up but it never came to that. It was a pretty stressful cleaning.

Mark

I can imagine it was. Just the thought of wrapping up cable by turning the drum by had wow...Just out of curiosity...was it an innercore cable with the pin connectors?? or what kind of cable was it?? I do not know to much about the ridgid drum machines as i use Spartan drums
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I can imagine it was. Just the thought of wrapping up cable by turning the drum by had wow...Just out of curiosity...was it an innercore cable with the pin connectors?? or what kind of cable was it?? I do not know to much about the ridgid drum machines as i use Spartan drums
          ridgid has a cam lock system

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
            3 things I wouldnt have to do.

Buy new carpet because my cable snagged it

Clean up the mess or plastic the whole room to keep from getting a mess

Drag anything up on a roof and pay for damage caused by me or my machines Next

run 400 feet of inner core

the list goes on and on for me.

I have more then one machine to do what ever job is at hand to save time and money.

I`d take a picture of the inside of my trailer but after today you couldnt make out anything....lmao
            In 20 years of having my own shop I never had anyone make a mess with a sectional machine whether it was in the home or on the roof. If we were working in an expensive estate the last thing we would do is bring a drum machine into the house. I guarantee you once you are familiar with a sectional machine it is a lot cleaner than a drum machine.

Mark

Comment

You are nuts if you think you can unload a K-60 and a basket of cable and then go back for your cutters faster then I can grab my drill drum machine and pull a trap... come on now lets get for real

less effort getting out of your truck, maybe as Mine is a real mess right now.....rotflmao
              Why would I go back for anything when I can carry everything in on a single trip?

Mark

Comment

ToUtahNow I timed it.....I started the timmer here in the office and went out side and got my drill drum machine and it took me some total of 3.42 to get back inside with it and a cord and a bucket to set under the open trap. The drill was on top of the pile

Comment

It was not a Ridgid machine or an inner-core cable. The machines were Quadraplex which is a local manufacturer. Those machines are at least 27-years old now and still out on trucks.

Mark

Comment

Never heard of them, the longest i ever went with a sectional was 400 with a gas eel and the heavy duty eel cable. I miss that machine
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

ToUtahNow I timed it.....I started the timmer here in the office and went out side and got my drill drum machine and it took me some total of 3.42 to get back inside with it and a cord and a bucket to set under the open trap. The drill was on top of the pile
                      I'm sorry you may have missed my point (and my numbering). I am certain you can get your drum drill out of your truck in the same amount of time it takes me to get a sectional machine out. I was referring to how long it takes you to setup a ladder, then your pipe to the roof, then taping your pipe to the roof and drag your K-7500 to the bottom of your pipe. If we were working together I would be loading my sectional back on the truck as you were breaking your back unloading your K-7500 off of the truck.

Mark

Comment

3. I would have my machine at the cleanout and clearing the drain in about the same amount of time it took you to get your equipment off of your truck and with less effort.

Mark
                        Oh I forgot, You need a Clean out, What if there isnt one?

Comment

Never heard of them, the longest i ever went with a sectional was 400 with a gas eel and the heavy duty eel cable. I miss that machine
                          They are made in North Hollywood by Terry Williams. His father was the inventor of the first Williams snake which is one of the machines Rick has posted on the site before. terry build medical cages and such but still builds a machine in memory of his dad.

Mark

Comment

Oh I forgot, You need a Clean out, What if there isnt one?
                            I don't know as that has never happened. I guess I would jump on the roof and take your pipe out of my way, clear the stoppage and then reinstall your pipe and be off of the roof before you came back with your K-7500.

Mark

Comment

I will take that bet! Come on over and well run the same line from a roof and we`ll see who`s got a cold one in their hand first I have worked with guys that run sectional machine and after they work with me they always want to use my machine...hummmmmmmmm

costumers make comments all the time about guy`s that were there last year putting cables together and fighting things all the way to only be surprised by how nice my machines are and how fast I`m in and out so they can get back to their jobs. I had a lady last night ask me if my machine was some kind of state of the art machine because the other guys was like a tire full of cable and a goofy looking box thing with wheels.
                              you call your machines "sectional machine" I call em sexual machines because it`s like being sexually assaulted if your forced to have to use one of them old time machines Good God man it`s all most 2008 and some people are still fighting the old sticking cable together???? "WOW" I don't even have to put a hand on a cable once it`s started ! Push the lever to forward and let it fly then pull in back to retrieve it. It takes my K-7500 20min. to push out 100` and 12min to pull it back. Most 100` jobs are 45min. and I`m on the road again. Sexual machines jobs are 1.5 hours to do the same job. Ya cant BS me I started doing this back in the early 80`s pushng and pulling basket machines by hand
                              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-20-2007, 09:34 PM.

Comment

If we were working together I would be loading my sectional back on the truck as you were breaking your back unloading your K-7500 off of the truck.

Mark
                                that's another bet I`ll take as I walk in my trailer my K-7500 seem`s to fallow me for some reason, right up and down the ramp door....rotflmao
                                Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-20-2007, 09:47 PM. Reason: because I run a drum machine and have the power to do so :)

Comment

Working...
                                X