Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: k-750 a drainer?

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    I will take that bet! Come on over and well run the same line from a roof and we`ll see who`s got a cold one in their hand first I have worked with guys that run sectional machine and after they work with me they always want to use my machine...hummmmmmmmm

costumers make comments all the time about guy`s that were there last year putting cables together and fighting things all the way to only be surprised by how nice my machines are and how fast I`m in and out so they can get back to their jobs. I had a lady last night ask me if my machine was some kind of state of the art machine because the other guys was like a tire full of cable and a goofy looking box thing with wheels.
    you call your machines "sectional machine" I call em sexual machines because it`s like being sexually assaulted if your forced to have to use one of them old time machines Good God man it`s all most 2008 and some people are still fighting the old sticking cable together???? "WOW" I don't even have to put a hand on a cable once it`s started ! Push the lever to forward and let it fly then pull in back to retrieve it. It takes my K-7500 20min. to push out 100` and 12min to pull it back. Most 100` jobs are 45min. and I`m on the road again. Sexual machines jobs are 1.5 hours to do the same job. Ya cant BS me I started doing this back in the early 80`s pushng and pulling basket machines by hand
    As a matter of fact if you look at some of my earlier posts I had a mainline stoppage at home. My Highway Patrol son happened to stop by jumped on the roof with my K-60, ran 88' of 7/8" cable to clear the stoppage. Cleaned up and put everything back on the truck in 22-minutes (I already had a ladder up and a cord run). Jon use to work with me as a kid but has not cleaned a drain in the last 8-years since just before he got out of college.

I can spend the next hundred post telling you why I didn't keep any of my old drum machines but four of my sectionals when I sold my shop but that would just bore you. I will tell you you sound just like Rick the first time I suggested to him he try a sectional machine.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I debated about buying a k-750 or a k-7500 for a long time. When I finally made a choice, I got a k-60. After hearing so many good things about them on this site, I decided to give it a try. So far I have been very happy with it.

Now for me the big factor was the weight issue. I have a van very similar to what Utah has. I already have a k-380, and I hate lifting it in and out of the van. No way was I going to kill my back lifting a k-7500 in and out, even if I had the room to store it in the back of the van. I can keep my k-60 in one of my side bins, with heads, 90' of 7/8" cable, rear hose, and a few tool bags and boxes. Now if I had a vehicle with a ramp, it might have been a different story.

The few times I have roof jobs, it is very easy to take my k-60 up on the roof.

Comment

boy i go to work for most of the day and come back to a debate over the k-60 and k-7500.

you already know what my vote is.

did i tell you where 2- 7500 and 3- 750 and a spartan 300 are located right now? in my shop. sitting and getting lonely.

my 35# k-60 has won hands down over all my other drum machines.

5:00 tonight i had to sneak in a 4'' main line stoppage. the line had heavy roots including plastic wrapper from a toilet paper roll

our lines turn to 6'' at the sidewalk and we/ customer are responsible to the intersection of the main, typically the center of the street. the stoppage was in the 6'' at 35' out. i used a 4'' x 3'' offset cutter. ran 2 times to cut and clean the line to the main at 45'. joey called me at 5:30 to remind me we had her co. dinner party to attend at 6:30. i told her i was waiting on the check and the truck was loaded.

having run drum machines since 1975 it took me till 2005 to figure out i was wrong the sectional spins at approx. 3x the speed of the drum. the drum only has cutting ability at the cutter. the sectional cuts at the cutter and the open wind cable too.

lets see you run that 3/4'' cable through a 2'' line with a trap

i have done it with my 7/8'' sectional. didn't know the roof condensate drain had a trap either. but i cleared it and found out there was a trap.

i too have done the pipe extension thing on the roof too. but i have a better pipe system. than 3'' abs. and believe me it's much faster and easier than your erector set. but with the k-60, it's not needed anymore.

all clear. if and when you get a k-60 you will save a ton of money on gas. you won't need your trailer anymore in fact my 15,000# truck, at 6mpg. might get swapped out to a 1 ton 3500 van soon. don't need all the weight and space for the new machines. in fact when i need to i take my tahoe to do the jobs that are too hard on my big truck. such as mountain gate and trousdale estates. both of these mark is familiar with. but to give you an idea, it takes a 1/2 tank of gas to get up the hill and 1/2 a brake job to get down the hill.

all clear, try the k-60, if you don't like it, i'll buy it back from you

wish i could say this about john crapper and my bidet.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          having run drum machines since 1975 it took me till 2005 to figure out i was wrong
          rick.
          Holy Crap! You have been running drum machines as long as I have been alive

Cradle-robber
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

australia is 50 hertz http://www.panavision.com.au/Informa...ldVoltages.htm
            but anyhow, what would you guys reccomend? ive established the fact i want a drum machine for my main 100mm sewer blockages (maybe a k-60 for smaller roof top, discharge jobs) but weather to purchase a k-750 or k-750R. im only concerned because its a good $4000AUS to spend on starting buisness, thanks heaps for the advice already

Comment

Originally posted by steve L View Post
              australia is 50 hertz http://www.panavision.com.au/Informa...ldVoltages.htm
              but anyhow, what would you guys reccomend? ive established the fact i want a drum machine for my main 100mm sewer blockages (maybe a k-60 for smaller roof top, discharge jobs) but weather to purchase a k-750 or k-750R. im only concerned because its a good $4000AUS to spend on starting buisness, thanks heaps for the advice already
              If you must go with a drum machine and upgrade to a sectional later I would go with the K-750 before the K-750R if for no other reason you have an enclosed drum to prevent throwing dirty water all over the house.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                If you must go with a drum machine and upgrade to a sectional later I would go with the K-750 before the K-750R if for no other reason you have an enclosed drum to prevent throwing dirty water all over the house.

Mark
                agree

not to mention the auto feed that typically comes with the 750.

are you saying the 750 is $4000. aus dollars

the only difference is the motor. i'll give you one without the motor. but i need 2 plane tickets. one for me and one for the snake

actually for joey i'll ship the machine.

i'll even stick around for a week to show you how to use it

does anyone use drum machines there? where will you get replacement cables from?

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

of course the k-60 i could pack in my luggage. even the cables i could sneak in too.

what is the typical length you need to snake and what is the typical stoppage?

it's almost summer there right

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Rick
                    I`ve been trying to get a Demo on the K-60 for over a year now (( even ordered one back when they had the sale on with the free extra cable last year but couldnt get one)) but the Ridgid rep dont want my money. If and when I do buy one, I`ll still have to use my trailer as it has a lot more in it then just the 7500. I dont know if you remember or not but the back of the truck has a big jetter set-up in it so the bed is full.
                    BTW.... I love the ease of a jetter now that I tried one It does have it`s place As I`m sure the K-60 will also have it`s place but I`ll bet ya I use the 7500 more then the 60
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

See All Clear, this is my hubby's not-so-sneaky way of getting to go play with you

I told you this would happen
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

What ever happened to you sending me one of Ricks K-60 We gotta get em to go out of town again

Comment

As I`m sure the K-60 will also have it`s place but I`ll bet ya I use the 7500 more then the 60
                          i doubt that our sewers are any different than your's. infact with ours we have to snake all the way to the city connection/ saddle. typically these are out in the center of the street or the center of the alley. and they are 99% of the time 6'' or larger clay lines.

the 7500 is sitting in my shop with good company

so, give it a chance and then eat your words

order one online. or wait til the pumper show. they typically run a special for the month. josh can fill you in.

what is the average length, size of pipe and typical problem you encounter when you use the 7500. what percentage is roof access?

fill in the blanks and i'll respond

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

roof`s maybe 1 or 4 a month on main line`s but I do about 75% of my 2" sink lines from the roof also.

Basement`s this time of the year, mayby 1 to 2 a week

90 % of my calls are main line calls

about 99% are 100` or longer with roots at the connection to the city main in the street or the alley.

Our lines are most of the time 45% Clay, 45% Orangeburg or 5% of em are cast iron and 5% PVC.

Size is 80% 4" and 10% of em are 3" and 10% 2"

As you see I do more main lines then anything.

Comment

roof`s maybe 1 or 4 a month on main line`s but I do about 75% of my 2" sink lines from the roof also.

Basement`s this time of the year, mayby 1 to 2 a week

90 % of my calls are main line calls

about 99% are 100` or longer with roots at the connection to the city main in the street or the alley.

Our lines are most of the time 45% Clay, 45% Orangeburg or 5% of em are cast iron and 5% PVC.

Size is 80% 4" and 10% of em are 3" and 10% 2"

As you see I do more main lines then anything.
                              answer- k-60 with 150' of 7/8'' cable and 90' of 5/8'' for those kitchens.

now on your 400' runs, your on your own. i personally use my trailer jetter with the warthog and i let it rip.

i will bring you one, but i have/ working on better offers from australia and hawaii first

plus it's snowing there and that boat of your's doesn't have skis on it.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X