Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-750 a drainer?

gday guys,

Im just out of my time and looking to purchase a new domestic drain cleaning machine with some money I saved. Ive had my eye on the ridgid K-750 but i just havent heard much about it, Ive only ever used a sectional machine once and after that, my boss's speed rooter which is a drum machine that no longer has spare parts in australia any more!
    Im pretty keen on drum machines as they are quick to use and easy to store, but i hear they have less torque compared to a sectional.
    any help and advice on a good all rounder sewer machine for 100mm domestic houses would be much appreciated, thanks.

steve

Re: k-750 a drainer?

I love my k-60 which is a sectional and there's enough info for you to research this yourself without beating a dead horse. The K-750 is a fine machine and in 4" pipe will do fine. The drum machine uses torque at low speed(think right angle drill), the sectional uses speed with low torque(think dremel) to clear stoppages. If the biggest you ever do is 4", you could probably go with 5/8" cable. Out of curiosity, what kind of power do you guys have in Australia?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i have only one thing to say here: Ridgid K-7500!

Ok two things: I would take my K-7500 over any sectional machine and torque is not a problem
      Look at the front page of my web site and you`ll see what a K-7500 can do
      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-19-2007, 08:39 PM.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        i have only one thing to say here: Ridgid K-7500!

Ok two things: I would take my K-7500 over any sectional machine and torque is not a problem
        Look at the front page of my web site and you`ll see what a K-7500 can do
        true the k-7500 will do stuff that the k-60 can't.

but the k-60 can do things that the 7500 can't

my 7500 is sitting in my shop next to it's cousins, k-750 I, k-750 II, k-750 III, k-7500 II, k-1500, spartan 300, general mini rooter, general t-3, general 88 and all the others i can't remember. forgot my favorite k-40

i keep the k-60 with 165' of 7/8'' and k-50 with 120' of 5/8''on the truck. along with 130' of 1.25'' sectional and my timberwolf to spin it. if these don't get it done, then my jetters will. not to mention my 3-k-39pf. on the truck.

now lets see you take that k-7500 on a roof or a steep basement.

nothing wrong with a k-750 as you see i own lots of them, but i've discovered there are better ways to clean a sewer. thanks mark

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

my 7500 is sitting in my shop next to it's cousins, k-750 I, k-750 II, k-750 III, k-7500 II, k-1500, spartan 300, general mini rooter, general t-3, general 88 and all the others i can't remember. forgot my favorite k-40

i keep the k-60 with 165' of 7/8'' and k-50 with 120' of 5/8''on the truck. along with 130' of 1.25'' sectional and my timberwolf to spin it. if these don't get it done, then my jetters will. not to mention my 3-k-39pf. on the truck.

nothing wrong with a k-750 as you see i own lots of them, but i've discovered there are better ways to clean a sewer. thanks mark

rick.
          No problem as it was my pleasure. I purchased my first sectional machines in 1975. I spent the first week cussing them and the last 32-years praising them.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Its funny you guys should say that because i asked if I could get the k-7500 and the bloke at the ridgid shop said its too powerful for Aus! apparently plumbers were snapping cables left right and centre! i got no idea why, prehaps your pipes have a larger DN than ours or we, in past, used different matterials such as eathern ware. Beats me, but what do u guys think of the k750R, looks easier to clean and maintain?

In reference to our power, im not sure what you mean, but we get 240 volts from a power point.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

Name 3 things that I cant do with my K-7500 that you can do with your K-60 and I`ll tell ya how I would do em

Roofs are not a problem even in the snow. I dont have any pictures on it working in a basement but I`ll get you some as I do one or two a week

Comment

I accept that challenge All Clear;
                -clean an 1 1/2" sink line with a k-7500.
                -clear a stoppage in the basement where the steps are so narrow you have to walk sideways to get down there.
                -clear a root stoppage that's 78' from the cleanout but you have a septic tank that's 80' from the cleanout.

On a side note, the picture of your root job on the front of your website; how many passes did you have to make to clean it all out? How far away was it? How bad was the pipe broke?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ouch, that looks like a lot of overkill. Alot of time to set up. Do you charge extra for going to roofs??? Or do you charge extra for setting all that stuff up? I see you have th camera right there too...How do you get the camera do negotiate the sweep of the stack after going up that PVC and the past that 90 to go down the stack??
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by steve L View Post
                    prehaps your pipes have a larger DN than ours or we, in past, used different matterials such as eathern ware. ?

In reference to our power, im not sure what you mean, but we get 240 volts from a power point.
                    Your pipe is 100 mm which translates to a little smaller than 4 inches. It's 3.9something. I think the guy was just making a generalization.

That's what I was asking in reference to power. 60 or 50 hertz? Thanks
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                      Ouch, that looks like a lot of overkill. Alot of time to set up. Do you charge extra for going to roofs??? Or do you charge extra for setting all that stuff up? I see you have th camera right there too...How do you get the camera do negotiate the sweep of the stack after going up that PVC and the past that 90 to go down the stack??

A job like that will most of the time take me about 1 hour from the time I start to unload to the time I finish loading. I ran 185` on that job. I can set up and be running in about 10 to 15min. I charge the same price I would charge if I had to go set up on the roof, and I don't have to worry about falling off

the seesnake was no problem either

I work like this all the time, Roof`s are not a problem as I get all the call`s the other cleaners turn down. I`ve even had the other cleaners call me to do their roof jobs

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        I accept that challenge All Clear;
                        -clean an 1 1/2" sink line with a k-7500.
                        I wouldnt even try it with a K-60 I would use my drill machine and if it couldnt do it I`d use my K-380 so I dont have a mess laying around on someones floor
                        -clear a stoppage in the basement where the steps are so narrow you have to walk sideways to get down there.
                        Never came a crossed that problem to this day. If I did I would dig up the line and install a clean-out
                        -clear a root stoppage that's 78' from the cleanout but you have a septic tank that's 80' from the cleanout. Do it all the time. Why would that be a problem? I run all the way in to the T inside the tank

On a side note, the picture of your root job on the front of your website; how many passes did you have to make to clean it all out? How far away was it? How bad was the pipe broke?It was bad, 185` and I made 4 passes with 4 differnt cutters to clean it 100% root free. It was orangeburg to boot

Comment

All Clear, Ridgid should pay you for that picture with the roots. That would be great advertising for them. You mention lengths of 185 ft 2 times already. We're required to have a cleanout every 100 ft. Not the same for your neck of the woods?

I've run my 7/8 cable into 1 1/2 pipe through the vent, never had a problem, but I always look underneath the house to make sure it'll work first.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

A job like that will most of the time take me about 1 hour from the time I start to unload to the time I finish loading. I ran 185` on that job. I can set up and be running in about 10 to 15min. I charge the same price I would charge if I had to go set up on the roof, and I don't have to worry about falling off

the seesnake was no problem either

I work like this all the time, Roof`s are not a problem as I get all the call`s the other cleaners turn down. I`ve even had the other cleaners call me to do their roof jobs

Im sure you do...give me your number, i have plenty of roof jobs you can do in Pa.

I use to take a Spartan 100 or J Cable from eletric eel and use it on a drill. I bought the K60 some time ago just for roofs really...But i do like your set up you got there..
                            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

We go off the IPC of 100` now but there was a time when there was no code`s. I will run my K-7500 up to 400` before I tell em it`s time for the backhoe and a clean-out install unless it`s roots and then it`s 185 and I`m done!
                              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-20-2007, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X