X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-50, drum killer

this one is for my good buddy steve. mark, no more pink underwear cracks as steve is sensitive

the other day steve had a nasty 2'' waste line that was in a 3 story office building. the second floor sink was backing up when the 3rd. floor was running theirs. the second floor sink was illegally connected to the waste stack coming from the 3rd floor. the nice thing was the waste line was exposed on the back side of the mechanical closet.

steve had attempted to clear the line from the top of the san tee on the second floor. he was using his gorlitz 1/2'' drum machine. after an hour plus he couldn't get it to fully clear and couldn't get past the 40' mark.

i get called from his shop to schedule and come out to run my machine.

i was literally just blocks away i called steve on the 2way and told him i would meet him at his shop a block away. we drive to the job around the corner from his shop. went upstairs carrying my k-50 and a spool of 60' of 5/8'' sectional. undid the top of the 2'' san tee and ran my 4 blade sawtooth cutter t-213 into the line. at approx. 40' i felt the issue that steve got stuck on. didn't even hesitate and i was through. i went out the 60' and had the water running with the top of the tee open. the whole process took 10 minutes start to finish and rolled up.

so now steve has admitted that he has to look into this sectional k-50 thing

i told him i would loan him 1 to play with. so although steve and his shop are all drum guys, i get his nasty stuff and camera jobs. he said that if he got the k-50 or k-60 he wouldn't need me

so i guess i should stop showing him all my toys

mark, no jokes, you even pissed off his other friend too. remember we have a west coast dinner to go to with him but then again it's been a while since i was involved in a food fight

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: k-50, drum killer

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    this one is for my good buddy steve. mark, no more pink underwear cracks as steve is sensitive

the other day steve had a nasty 2'' waste line that was in a 3 story office building. the second floor sink was backing up when the 3rd. floor was running theirs. the second floor sink was illegally connected to the waste stack coming from the 3rd floor. the nice thing was the waste line was exposed on the back side of the mechanical closet.

steve had attempted to clear the line from the top of the san tee on the second floor. he was using his gorlitz 1/2'' drum machine. after an hour plus he couldn't get it to fully clear and couldn't get past the 40' mark.

i get called from his shop to schedule and come out to run my machine.

i was literally just blocks away i called steve on the 2way and told him i would meet him at his shop a block away. we drive to the job around the corner from his shop. went upstairs carrying my k-50 and a spool of 60' of 5/8'' sectional. undid the top of the 2'' san tee and ran my 4 blade sawtooth cutter t-213 into the line. at approx. 40' i felt the issue that steve got stuck on. didn't even hesitate and i was through. i went out the 60' and had the water running with the top of the tee open. the whole process took 10 minutes start to finish and rolled up.

so now steve has admitted that he has to look into this sectional k-50 thing

i told him i would loan him 1 to play with. so although steve and his shop are all drum guys, i get his nasty stuff and camera jobs. he said that if he got the k-50 or k-60 he wouldn't need me

so i guess i should stop showing him all my toys

mark, no jokes, you even pissed off his other friend too. remember we have a west coast dinner to go to with him but then again it's been a while since i was involved in a food fight

rick.
    As I recall the pink underwear remark was addressed to you not to Steve. I would never say anything bad about Steve. The funny thing about these sectional machines is it is hard to explain how great they are. You really have to try one on a drain your having problems with to really appreciate them.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Too bad Steve isn't a member of the forum or he would know why he is going to be nominated by me to be seated at the head of the table for the roasting of his life.

Rick,you get to bring the APPLE

Comment

Rick, why did you take the 50 and not the 60? the 60 set up for 7/8s?

my thooght is to use my 50 for 5/8s and the 60 (when i get it) with 7/8s then it's not convenient to use the 75 because of logistics.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
          Rick, why did you take the 50 and not the 60? the 60 set up for 7/8s?

my thooght is to use my 50 for 5/8s and the 60 (when i get it) with 7/8s then it's not convenient to use the 75 because of logistics.

steve

good point

i didn't look at it first. steve told me it was a 2'' line. the 5/8'' cable is plenty for 2''. also we were going up the stairs, the 50 is much lighter. it will also fit into a 5 gallon bucket if you put it in upside down/ legs up

the 5/8'' cable with the proper cutter is perfect.

plus i already used the impressonator k-60 on him a couple of weeks ago

would the 7/8'' cable have worked on this job yes. but it was a tight closet with a/c mechanical equipment. the 7/8'' cable is 15' long and i was on a carpeted floor outside of the closet. the 5/8'' was 7.5' long and i didn't use my rear hose.

it's much faster and simpler not to use the hose. 90% of the time i don't use the hose on the 50 or 60. i also don't need to worry about splatter. splatter happens when the drain is still plugged and the cable is full of muck. the 50 and 60 don't leave a drain still plugged

if you haven't tried the sectional cables, you don't know what you're missing.

there is no stereotype associated with sectional, it's not a bidet

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            good pointif you haven't tried the sectional cables, you don't know what you're missing.

there is no stereotype associated with sectional, it's not a bidet

rick.
            all i have is sectional except for the 39. just curious why the 50 vs 60 for that job. expiring minds wanted to know

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
              all i have is sectional except for the 39. just curious why the 50 vs 60 for that job. expiring minds wanted to know

steve
              all i needed was 5/8'' cable for this 2'' line. sure the 60 will run 5/8'', but the so will the 50. also the 50 is smaller, lighter and more than enough to handle this stoppage.

if all i had was a 60, then i would have stilled used the 5/8'' with the 60. the 7/8'' cable would have worked, but the 15' cables would have been more work to contain. the 5/8'' x 7.5' cables were no problem to keep out of the rear guide hose.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X