Harbor Freight COMPACT ELECTRIC DRAIN CLEANER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbor Freight COMPACT ELECTRIC DRAIN CLEANER

just something to get everyone stired up....and to be honest Im a little curious about what people think about this..

got a e-mail/flyer after xmass sales from Harbor Freight ...noticed that they had their drum type mechine...Harbor Freight COMPACT ELECTRIC DRAIN CLEANER with "50 ft. long x 1/2'' dia. auger " for under $200

Seems like this board has a lot of DIY'ers....and Im sure some might be tempted....and since I've worked for some cheap bosses who stocked the shop with HF stuff....some of u might have used one...

Sooo lets hear what u all think of this "deal".

Re: Harbor Freight COMPACT ELECTRIC DRAIN CLEANER

Even though it's a drum machine, it's not designed for regular use. Maybe a twice/three time trick a year for the homeowner that's avoiding the charges of a plumber, doing it himself.

One thing I will say about a non power feed drum machine......

you're doing all the work. It's that simple. If you're serious about drain cleaning, you have to buy the best for the wear and tear perspective.

That's a tight cage so pulling that cable in and out is a workout to say the least. Those would be as bad as renting one from home depot. They don't offer powerfeed units because of how people treat the equipment to begin with.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Since all I've seen used at work is sectionals...I did not think about power feed and the tight drum...

a few years ago when I had a house I rented a HD mechine a few times....man talk about a work out draging that thing too the roof.....I consider myself to be fairly strong...but that roaly icked my butt.....even useing a roap ....

Comment

Like most items from Harbor Frieght they are not meant for heavy use. If a person has a drain cleaning to do a couple of times a year and the line is fairly short this would get the job done.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Gopher View Post
          Since all I've seen used at work is sectionals...I did not think about power feed and the tight drum...

a few years ago when I had a house I rented a HD mechine a few times....man talk about a work out draging that thing too the roof.....I consider myself to be fairly strong...but that roaly icked my butt.....even useing a roap ....
          that's why you want a k-60

i've seen the harbor freight unit up close it's a knock off of the general mini rooter. truthfully if you swap out to a good name brand cable, you'll be fine for occasional use. they do offer a better unit with a power feed, but i think it's another 2 hundred dollars.

the general min rooter i've had for 20+ years and it's good for 2'' lines. 3/8'' x 75' cable. i also have a 1/2'' x 75' drum too. the drum come off pretty easy with no tools and it's not bad to take up to a roof. but it's no k-60

if you want to do a little drain cleaning on the side, then it will work. but i would change to a better cable. the 3/8'' is good for 2'' and the 1/2'' will be good for up to 3'', but no roots. make some money and get some experience, then buy professional equipment.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            that's why you want a k-60

Oh wow - You have been in dire love with that K-60 since 2007

I just am sold now, I actually just found this thread using google search researching drain cleaners , heh,

what do you know

Comment

Last Activity: 05-18-2008 06:15 PM

RIP Evil Gopher....I remember him from way back.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                Last Activity: 05-18-2008 06:15 PM

RIP Evil Gopher....I remember him from way back.
                BTW:

Steve , thanks for the above review :O)

You just saved me a few bucks

Comment

Working...
                X