what do you charge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what do you charge?

P.S. If it was a plastic or copper line I bet you you'd have done that sink with my jetter, from the p trap, and been gone in an hour, 2 tops if the backfall was solid old hardened grease. Galvanized would be tougher. Snakes for kitchen sinks are silly. Try a small electric jetter. Really.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
      Snakes for kitchen sinks are silly. Try a small electric jetter. Really.
      make and Part number please

I only live in a small shed so I guess I`m out on the BIG house Game ....rotflmao
      heres my Shed
      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-03-2008, 09:41 PM.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

280 sq ft ??

Is that a typo?

I have a closet almost that big

How do you live in 280 SF ??
        You'd have to set the coffee maker on top the toilet tank.
        Oh...wait, the TV goes there I forgot.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          280 sq ft ??

Is that a typo?

I have a closet almost that big

How do you live in 280 SF ??
          You'd have to set the coffee maker on top the toilet tank.
          Oh...wait, the TV goes there I forgot.
          not a typo, 280 sq ft

I don't live there, though I did about 12 yr ago. I rent it to another set of 20yr olds every year or 2... the most recent tennants had a brainstorm and bought one of those hotel/bar bolt to the wall tv holder arms. In the past the tv usually ends up in the fireplace no tennant has ever had the patience to make draw (30' of masonary flue), which is just as well as the place is a firetrap and all those fireplaces should be ripped out. I'd have taken mine out for the extra space years ago but it holds up two more.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

P.S. If it was a plastic or copper line I bet you you'd have done that sink with my jetter, from the p trap, and been gone in an hour, 2 tops if the backfall was solid old hardened grease. Galvanized would be tougher. Snakes for kitchen sinks are silly. Try a small electric jetter. Really.

99% of the time you have to snake open the kitchen line 1st. Considering your going to put a micro hose in the sink line from the trap, i dont run into to many pvc or copper kitchen sink lines. Usually cast or galvanized. Jetter WILL NOT work unless you snake it 1st. Those lines build up so much scale, i would rather just wind a small rag on the the cork screw and snake out those lines vs. jetting...As for copper or pvc...I would jet them with a micro hose...dont think i would try an electric one...Usually will not jet thru the trap, i will cut an access on the stack in the basement and go to town with the jet from there...after snaking .
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
              99% of the time you have to snake open the kitchen line 1st. Considering your going to put a micro hose in the sink line from the trap, i dont run into to many pvc or copper kitchen sink lines. Usually cast or galvanized. Jetter WILL NOT work unless you snake it 1st. Those lines build up so much scale, i would rather just wind a small rag on the the cork screw and snake out those lines vs. jetting...As for copper or pvc...I would jet them with a micro hose...dont think i would try an electric one...Usually will not jet thru the trap, i will cut an access on the stack in the basement and go to town with the jet from there...after snaking .
              Most lines I see here are plastic, the rest cast, a very few of a certain era copper, a very few galvanized. Galvy is difficult to make bends in with the jetter because of the short radius bends and the lip of the next pipe at the threaded connection. If I saw more galvy, I'd snake more. I don't jet through the trap, I remove it. I think I've read a post elsewhere where you say in your area trap arms are glued in by code. That would change things for me. Not the case here. Undo the nut on the 'desanco' if i dare start that thread again, pull the trap arm off, and you are usually looking at the back of a san-t a few inches away...put a bucket under it and jet away. It is easy.

I never snake first. I never snake at all unless galvanized. I jet cast kitchen sink and vanity sink lines routinely...probably average 3 a week, and it does work, nicely.

Electric is the way to go; gas the jetter is outside; not an option. Electric it is on the floor beside you, switch it off when your bucket is full.

Comment

Most lines I see here are plastic, the rest cast, a very few of a certain era copper, a very few galvanized. Galvy is difficult to make bends in with the jetter because of the short radius bends and the lip of the next pipe at the threaded connection. If I saw more galvy, I'd snake more. I don't jet through the trap, I remove it. I think I've read a post elsewhere where you say in your area trap arms are glued in by code. That would change things for me. Not the case here. Undo the nut on the 'desanco' if i dare start that thread again, pull the trap arm off, and you are usually looking at the back of a san-t a few inches away...put a bucket under it and jet away. It is easy.

I never snake first. I never snake at all unless galvanized. I jet cast kitchen sink and vanity sink lines routinely...probably average 3 a week, and it does work, nicely.

Electric is the way to go; gas the jetter is outside; not an option. Electric it is on the floor beside you, switch it off when your bucket is full.

What kind of GPM and PSI are you running? What kind of set up are you using to catch the water that backs up when you cant clear it right away? Ton of tarps? Foo switch? what happens when your trying to jet past a 90, then a 45 before it ties into a stack, and how easy is it to get thru that? what size hose are you running?
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

wanna go chat?

Comment

Im there

Comment

What kind of GPM and PSI are you running?
                      2gpm at 1000-1200 psi

What kind of set up are you using to catch the water that backs up when you cant clear it right away? Ton of tarps? Foo switch?
                      a bucket

what happens when your trying to jet past a 90, then a 45 before it ties into a stack, and how easy is it to get thru that?
                      I go right through it; it is easy in anything not threaded

what size hose are you running?
                      1/8"

Comment

what the heck is a foo switch?

Comment

Bring it with you to the Ridgid Ho-down, i need to see this in action Sounds way to easy the way you describe it.....Im sure it can be done, i have done it, but its never that easy.

Comment

Ace i agree with Greg....its best to cable all of the hardened grease and muck BEFORE you use the electric jetter...i use the General 1450 electric jet AFTER running the Spartan 100 through the drain....i first unstop it then i clean it properly...i dam near use the thing everyday due to teaching/educating the customer why it needs it AND i can offer them a much longer warranty...i charge an average of $250 for both machines and them 'prescribe' them some bioclean for and additional $50-$75=$325an hour!!!!....and i just bought the mini-jetter for bout $1,500 brand new and i should bought one 10 years ago....$250,000 will get ayou a Mansion type house in Dallas...i guess thats why Dallas and Houston is some of the fastest growing cities in the U.S......nice weather,large cheap houses(not cheaply built) an all-aroud good place!!!!...i was joking about me having the mansion built...im not as rich as Greg,Rick,or most guys on here(not yet anyway!!!)...but im on my way!!.....Ace..what brand is your jetter?...i do like my mini-jetter more than i thought i would..

Comment

what the heck is a foo switch?

FOOT....take it easy, its late here LOL

Comment

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
                                Ace i agree with Greg....its best to cable all of the hardened grease and muck BEFORE you use the electric jetter...i use the General 1450 electric jet AFTER running the Spartan 100 through the drain....i first unstop it then i clean it properly...i dam near use the thing everyday due to teaching/educating the customer why it needs it AND i can offer them a much longer warranty...i charge an average of $250 for both machines and them 'prescribe' them some bioclean for and additional $50-$75=$325an hour!!!!....and i just bought the mini-jetter for bout $1,500 brand new and i should bought one 10 years ago....$250,000 will get ayou a Mansion type house in Dallas...i guess thats why Dallas and Houston is some of the fastest growing cities in the U.S......nice weather,large cheap houses(not cheaply built) an all-aroud good place!!!!...i was joking about me having the mansion built...im not as rich as Greg,Rick,or most guys on here(not yet anyway!!!)...but im on my way!!.....Ace..what brand is your jetter?...i do like my mini-jetter more than i thought i would..
                                Hi Lonestar...

To each his own...I just know it works for me, it works nicely, cleanly, easily, and is fast and thorough. A straightforward sink with the jetter is 30-45 min from pulling up to a memory depending on my energy level and whether I have others waiting for me..... why would I take the time to cable it first?

Mine is not marketed as a jetter; it's a little pressure washer I've modified for use as a jetter. It's smaller and lighter that what the industry sells for jetters, and for my purposes just as effective.

It is not good on the rare galvanized lines I run into; I have to snake those. Your area's plumbing might be different than mine (it tends to be an age of building thing), but I doubt it as you are jetting after snaking so you are getting through the lines. It works nice on plastic and copper.

A niceish house, nothing crazy huge or fancy, just big enough for a family and something you feel comfortable in on a big enogh lot you don't hear the neighbors' tv, will run you about $700k here. There are some deed restricted locals housing areas where if you prove residency and employment you can get in line for a nice enough but kind of cramped 3 bed house on a postage stamp for about $350k. What passes for a mansion here, a 3000-4000 ft place with fancy finishes and fittings anywhere even in town, let alone ski in-ski out, is 2-3mil. I live in the crappy apt over my shop.

Comment

Working...
                                X