X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what do you charge?

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
    2gpm at 1000-1200 psi

sounds like it's a 1.5 h.p machine. i use a 2 h.p at 1500 psi 2.1 gpm for my electric, but it has a tendcy to trip 20 amp breakers under load for a period of time.

a bucket

I go right through it; it is easy in anything not threaded.

plastic will easily wash clean, cast and gal/ durham, good luck.

1/8"
    my 1/8'' ips x 1/4'' od stainless hose is very slick and does make for easy turns. actually the spring leader is the real trick.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      my 1/8'' ips x 1/4'' od stainless hose is very slick and does make for easy turns. actually the spring leader is the real trick.

rick.
      I'm interested in the leader...can you post it or message me? I rarely have trouble execpt through bends in threaded pipe, or in hottub bends (hottubs freeze too, if they break and you don't notice in time). Is it any good in those types of bends?
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
        I'm interested in the leader...can you post it or message me? I rarely have trouble execpt through bends in threaded pipe, or in hottub bends (hottubs freeze too, if they break and you don't notice in time). Is it any good in those types of bends?
        not a leader, but i have 50' and 100' of 1/8'' mip and 80' of 1/4'' of s.s. hose. i've had them for years and had them made up at a hose shop. make sure you spec. stainless stell ends/ barbs. otherwise they will rust and plug small jets.

as far as pvc. fittings go. 90's no way, 45's no problem.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

What the hell is going on here?!!! What Do You Charge???

I totally ignored this thread thinking it's you all blabbing about how much money you make

Now I see 3 pages of jetter talk and just when it starts to get good you all go to chat

Keep us in the loop...we need this info

Case in point: looked all over the internet for stainless steel jetter hoses last night and come to find out I need to have them custom made Duh!

Jetters won't go around 90's? ...i'm screwed

Gotta go...late for my flight

Comment

And a good chat it was, nothing but jetting and stradegy.....Im sure Rick will feed you enough info when your basking in the sunshine in Cali this week, then its quiz time on the 19th when i get you
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              What the hell is going on here?!!! What Do You Charge???

I totally ignored this thread thinking it's you all blabbing about how much money you make

Now I see 3 pages of jetter talk and just when it starts to get good you all go to chat

Keep us in the loop...we need this info

Case in point: looked all over the internet for stainless steel jetter hoses last night and come to find out I need to have them custom made Duh!

Jetters won't go around 90's? ...i'm screwed

Gotta go...late for my flight
              crack, it's not too late, you havn't missed the boat

but you might need one this weekend as we are suppose to get a lot of rain.

there are a few companies that sell stainless hose, but you don't want to know what they charge

jetters will go through dwv 90's just not pvc water 90's

we'll talk jetters on saturday. by the time we're done, you'll wish it never came up

check in when you get here.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I use to buy my Stainless hose from JM McKinney.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

For mini jetter in 2" and smaller I like swiss made 'exitflex', sold by harben, they call it micro mini hose... brass braid, plastic covered so slick. I have a stainless braid hose, it hangs in the shop.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

thanks Rick for the knowledge on the spring leader, but i really havent had any major trouble getting around bends yet...i guess it comes from all those years helping my father unstopping many drains with the "really-old-school" flat metal cables rolled up like a falt snake or sometin!!!...also my elec jetter have been tripping out electricity in certain houses also(I thought it was the jetter!!)...what is the best wat to avoid this...does that little thing pull 'that-many' amps??...thats another reason why i unstop the k/sink/washers drains/floordrains with the 100 first so if i jet the line withthe elec jetter and it quits on my, i can still charge the same with the same, i'll just bite the bullet and STILL give them a 90-day warranty.

Comment

..so is stainless steel hose the best for elec' jetters.....what about trailor jetters...for Trailors i heard the parker is the best..

Comment

Working...
                      X