Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you charge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what do you charge?

    hey everyone!I have enjoyed reading the threads for awhile and would like to introduce myself.names steve and I been rooter biz/plumbing biz since 1984.I was wandering what other people were charging around the country?I have been using the flat rate book (callahan/ roach)for the last 3 years after another plumbing co challenged me to give it a try.I did... and well....It was the smartest thing in business I have ever done!I have run multiple drums on a 1065 spartan @ 11 pm @ night,jetters 300+ feet,been on rooftops rodding a lines,backin rodding manholes etc....But my most important tool I discovered is my ink PEN.What do YALL think?>
    Last edited by CAROLINA PLUMBER; 12-28-2007, 05:05 PM.

  • #2
    Re: what do you charge?

    I'm happy you're here, hope you become a regular.
    However....puuullleease do a search for "flat rate" in this forum.
    I'm happy to participate in this thread, but be warned...better yet...just do that search!
    Welcome on board.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: what do you charge?

      I was wondering when you were going to inquire towards your interests.

      As the Big Duck speaks words of wisdom,take heed brother Carolina.

      Do use a bidet? Do you follow Nascar? Ever see Baywatch,Pam Anderson never really did anything for me,How bout you?

      Just kidding

      Welcome to the forum.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: what do you charge?

        "flat rate" Whats that???
        I`m by the hour and that will never change
        How could you clean a sewer by "flat rate" with out going broke? I did a sink line today that took about 3 hours to go 50` I would have cried if I was working off of "flat rate"
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: what do you charge?

          Welcome tot he forum, yes, please read back on the flat rate threads, you will find your answers and more.

          It is very hard to quote prices on line because the geogphic area.

          Welcome to the forum and I will be reading up on your flat rate book.
          sigpic

          Robert

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: what do you charge?

            Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
            "flat rate" Whats that???
            I`m by the hour and that will never change
            How could you clean a sewer by "flat rate" with out going broke? I did a sink line today that took about 3 hours to go 50` I would have cried if I was working off of "flat rate"

            Three hours on a sink 50 '

            Were you snaking the vent the first 2 hours and 40 mins?

            (or did the customer use drano and no c/o, line full of sludge)
            sigpic

            Robert

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: what do you charge?

              Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
              Three hours on a sink 50 '

              Were you snaking the vent the first 2 hours and 40 mins?

              (or did the customer use drano and no c/o, line full of sludge)

              Welcome to the forum..I to am flat rate. It was the best thing i ever did. Never in the 4 yrs ive been using flat rate, and in the 2 yrs ive been in business for myself using flat rate have i ran into problems. Afterall its all about diagnosing the problems correctly....sure your going to run into suprises, but easily are they accounted for if you did your math right. If you have been doing drain cleaning for years, then you pretty much know what to expect...i know i do...Not going to get to much into it as the guys have stated there are threads on it.....becarefull, as you can see there can be pretty heated arguments about it But just do what you do....
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

              www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: what do you charge?

                Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                Three hours on a sink 50 '
                I'll bet he spent most of the time setting up his contraption to the roof vent. Just think of the time and money he could have saved with a sectional machine.

                Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: what do you charge?

                  Lets see here ToUtahNow

                  With 8" of snow I wont get on the roof
                  After trying about 6 times to get it to go down the stack from under the sink I said this is going no where fast.

                  I then went under the house to see how it was plumbed, Damn plumbers don't know us drain cleaners will be there some day Cant work from there either....errrrrrrrrr

                  I went in to the addict <---spelling??? and cut the vent stack and installed a clean-out. Took my "drill drum machine" with 50` of 1/2 cable up there and did the job standing on 2X4`s. ((( I bet you want to see that machine ))))

                  Now where in the hell would I have set up the K-60???

                  Oh yea I forgot about the punjy sticks sticking through the roof that I kept bumping with my head
                  I had about 4` of room between the roof and the 2X4`s to stand on and clean the drain.
                  Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-28-2007, 08:54 PM. Reason: because I run drum machine`s
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: what do you charge?

                    Just out of curiosity, did you try using a drophead??
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

                    www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: what do you charge?

                      yep but every time it went "UP" the vent

                      I even ran the drill backwards but nothing will work when it`s not plumbed for cleaning....errrrrrrrrr
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: what do you charge?

                        Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                        Lets see here ToUtahNow

                        With 8" of snow I wont get on the roof
                        After trying about 6 times to get it to go down the stack from under the sink I said this is going no where fast.

                        I then went under the house to see how it was plumbed, Damn plumbers don't know us drain cleaners will be there some day Cant work from there either....errrrrrrrrr

                        I went in to the addict <---spelling??? and cut the vent stack and installed a clean-out. Took my "drill drum machine" with 50` of 1/2 cable up there and did the job standing on 2X4`s. ((( I bet you want to see that machine ))))

                        Now where in the hell would I have set up the K-60???

                        Oh yea I forgot about the punjy sticks sticking through the roof that I kept bumping with my head
                        I had about 4` of room between the roof and the 2X4`s to stand on and clean the drain.
                        I believe I would have used a drop-head bulb with my K-50.

                        Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                        I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: what do you charge?

                          and just where were you going to set the K50 and extra cable????
                          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: what do you charge?

                            Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                            and just where were you going to set the K50 and extra cable????
                            On the linoleum?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: what do you charge?

                              Don't listen to me All Clear.I just a lowly construction guy who knows nothing of the perils of the snake.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X