Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pressure Washer/ Jetter?

Ok finally got my jetter going today and tried it out at home

Couple of things I noticed:

The footvalve I bought was too small and was stuck on my boot with the valve open. This wouldn't have been a problem except the nozzle was not in the drain yet. Took off down the driveway 75' before it smacked into the tailight on my neighbors car. I tried to chase it but every step I took it launched even farther away.

I bought 2 nozzles one had 1 forward and 3 rear jet ports. The other was a agitating head to descale, 3 rear ports no forward port.

The agitator had some amazing pulling power but the other needed lots of coaxing.

Is that because the forward port?

I would have thought they both put out the same amount of water but they didn't

They guy said he happened to have just the right nozzles for my machine.

Was this just BS?

Do they make a warthog or rootranger for my small machine?

13hp
    4 gpm
    3500 psi

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      Ok finally got my jetter going today and tried it out at home

Couple of things I noticed:

The footvalve I bought was too small and was stuck on my boot with the valve open. This wouldn't have been a problem except the nozzle was not in the drain yet. Took off down the driveway 75' before it smacked into the tailight on my neighbors car. I tried to chase it but every step I took it launched even farther away.

maybe a dry run would have been better or a smaller boot

I bought 2 nozzles one had 1 forward and 3 rear jet ports. The other was a agitating head to descale, 3 rear ports no forward port.

The agitator had some amazing pulling power but the other needed lots of coaxing.

are you referring to an agitator the same as a rotary nozzle

Is that because the forward port?

the forward port will lessen the pulling power of the rear jets. i rarely use a front port on a small machine. the front port was designed to help cut through the stoppage. usually it's not an issue to get the rear jets to cut. it's only less than 1'' away.

now on an ice stoppage, that might be a different issue

I would have thought they both put out the same amount of water but they didn't

They guy said he happened to have just the right nozzles for my machine.

Was this just BS?

Do they make a warthog or rootranger for my small machine?

13hp
      4 gpm
      3500 psi

a warthog would be on the small side of the gpm scale.

the rootranger would be perfect as the specs are the same as the ridgid jetter unit.

the root ranger doesn't have a forward jet. it also will have a ruff time on 3'' with turns. but it is a very strong rear cutting nozzle.

it combines a 0 degree impact with an oscillating motion to help cut and wash a larger area than just a 0 degree nozzle.

rick.

did you break the tail light?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        a warthog would be on the small side of the gpm scale.

the rootranger would be perfect as the specs are the same as the ridgid jetter unit.

the root ranger doesn't have a forward jet. it also will have a ruff time on 3'' with turns. but it is a very strong rear cutting nozzle.

it combines a 0 degree impact with an oscillating motion to help cut and wash a larger area than just a 0 degree nozzle.

rick.

did you break the tail light?

rick.
        I'm more than a little pissed about the foot valve. I can't believe my size 10 boot won't fit without depressing the lever.

Yes, he called it a rotary nozzle

I'm waiting til dark to go scope out the tailight. Don't want to draw attention to it. Veared a hard left near the 12 year old Chrysler then made a B line towards the brand new VW Toureg

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

I'm waiting til dark to go scope out the tailight. Don't want to draw attention to it. Veared a hard left near the 12 year old Chrysler then made a B line towards the brand new VW Toureg
          So it comes with a locator
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

No pictures Bill?!

I know it wouldn't be easy to set up, but if you ever need an helper while jetting just gimme a call.

Jetting is one thing I have no experience with and would like to be educated in all aspects of the field.
            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
              No pictures Bill?!

I know it wouldn't be easy to set up, but if you ever need an helper while jetting just gimme a call.

Jetting is one thing I have no experience with and would like to be educated in all aspects of the field.
              bill, take aaron up on his offer.

he might have caught the hose before the v.w. did

aaron, there will be plenty of time to play at the roundup. infact we can have a jetter water fight there.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                No pictures Bill?!

Ok Aaron just for you some pictures

Oh come on, how hard can it be? we know how to snake a drain, right? shove one end in the pipe and push a lever...piece of cake After that I'm clueless. Maybe there are different procedures for clearing drains versus descaling or attacking grease buildup

I'll call you to help put this thing in the truck. She's a beast. Can you lift the motor end?

I might just end up selling it to get something more compact

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                bill, take aaron up on his offer.

he might have caught the hose before the v.w. did

He would have to move faster than the hose. 75 feet in just under 2 seconds

aaron, there will be plenty of time to play at the roundup. infact we can have a jetter water fight there.

Great! then I'll bring the new Speedo

rick.

My neighbor came out to get the paper. "So, Bill, why are you taking pictures of my car?"

"Oh, good morning Allen, umm... what?..no!...that's silly...did you see the Derby?...so sad....(cough)...what was the question again?"

I'll put some Armorall on the tires later today

What's the word on Annovi Reverberi pumps?
                Last edited by plumberscrack; 06-15-2008, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I think they make a warthog that goes down to 4 gpm, it might have been 5 gpm but I want to say I remember seeing 4gpm. Spartan makes a rotary root cutter that goes down to 1.5 gpm for 3-4 in lines.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Crack the car looks fine Did you see something different up close?
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

bill, joey and i felt sorry for you last night and went out and bought (borrowed) a new touareg for you. we thought you could use the parts.

sorry it's blue and not grey

also that rotary nozzle is a waste.

it rotates so fast like a blender, that it has very little cutting power. it sounds great and makes a lot of noise, but it's not a good cleaning nozzle. the impact is turned into a big fog.

hoses and nozzles are the most important items in proper jetting.

you have the specs on your jetter and check with stone age/ warthog to see if their nozzle will work. problem is their 3/8'' nozzle is $500.+

stick to the rear jet nozzles 3 hole- 6 hole 25 degree and it will pull like a race horse plus it's $35 for a good stainless one.

rick.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-04-2008, 10:52 AM.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Here's the foot valve answer. folks in China have little feet big brain
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

There's a table showing the pressure loss in 100 feet of different diameter sewer jetter hose at http://www.SewerJetGazette.net/press...r-jetter-hose/. For 300 feet of hose you'd triple the PSI values in the table.

Subtract the PSI loss in the table from your pressure washer's PSI rating to determine your maximum allowable nozzle pressure. There are more details in the article linked above.

Comment

so, according to the table, when I have 330' of 1/4" hose on, and I'm pushing 5.0 gpm, with no nozzle on, I should have 3.3x718=2369.4 psi on the gage...and that should go up pretty darmatically if I increase flow over 5.0 gpm from the trend I'm seeing in the table...

I don't. I have less than 2kpsi at the pump manifold pushing 5.5-6gpm thru 330' of 1/4" with no nozzle. I think the table's either a little conservative, or I have some slick hose, or the nominal id of it is a little smaller than the actual.
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

You bring up a good point.

The formulas to calculate pressure drop through the hose have to account for the roughness of the inside material, consistency of the inside shape, temperature of the water, and a range of other conditions that vary from site to site. We went with conservative numbers that matched our test results with good-quality, US-made jetter hoses.

I think it's a good thing that according to your measurements our numbers seem to be on the conservative side (depending on the accuracy of your gauge, of course) since the goal of the table is to recommend minimum hose IDs that won't overload a pressure washer.

The value of the table is in seeing that under those flow conditions 330 feet of the next smallest ID of hose (3/16") will overload just about any pressure washer. The next largest ID (5/16") might allow a smaller nozzle orifice size for higher cleaning pressure, but depending on the rating of your machine is probably not worth the added cost and reduced line flexibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X