X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washer/ Jetter?

This Is My First Thread, Ive Been In The Plumbing Field 11 Years Or So, Msy Back Ground Is In New Construction And Service I Just Recently Fell Into Drain Cleaning, My Equipment I Have Now Are, Riidgid Auto Spin, K380 And A K7500, I Have A Customer/friend That Owes Me Some Money He Has A Briggs 4000-4 Pressure Washer With Electric Start With Less Than 10 Hours He Would Give Me For, What Ends Up Being $400 Could I Make This Into A Decent Jetter? Is It Worth It I Dont Have The Money Now For A Real Jetter Im Just Getting My Business Of The Ground Any Hepl? Thanks
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: Pressure Washer/ Jetter?

By 4000-4 im assuming 4000psi, 4gpm, which will make it gas. Gas engine and 4gpm make it inappropriate for in house work, and 4gpm is borderline too small for main lines. It will work well for 2" and 3" lines where you can keep the machine outdoors and don't have to go through a trap. It will be a little sketchy on 4" and probably pointless on bigger than 4". The pw is less than half the equation; hose, reel, nozzles, etc add up.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
      By 4000-4 im assuming 4000psi, 4gpm, which will make it gas. Gas engine and 4gpm make it inappropriate for in house work, and 4gpm is borderline too small for main lines. It will work well for 2" and 3" lines where you can keep the machine outdoors and don't have to go through a trap. It will be a little sketchy on 4" and probably pointless on bigger than 4". The pw is less than half the equation; hose, reel, nozzles, etc add up.
      Ace,

I have a similar gas PW as haycad 3500psi @ 4gpm and was thinking about buying hoses and nozzles for mine. 4 gpm isn't enough for 4" sewers? How much do you need?

We are starting to get jetting requests from restaurants that we do plumbing service for. I just hand them a card of someone set up for it but why should I give away work if I have something that could work?

I usually shy away from drain cleaning but using water in combination with a gas power tool sounds like fun times

Comment

I use a gas mini jetter for 4in lines...4000psi 6gpm with a garden hose attachment....works great. I use 300ft of 1/4 hose, 4 different nozzles and a chemical mixer

I use it in 4in and 6in to cut out roots...takes longer then my trailer with the warthog, but does the same job.
        Last edited by Drain Medic; 12-30-2007, 08:11 PM.
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

3500psi @ 4gpm will work "IF" you use the right size nozzle and house.
          You could call this guy and he could help you figure out what it would take.
          Sewer Equipment & Supplies 202-330-8395

Tell em I sent ya
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
            I use a gas mini jetter for 4in lines...4000psi 6gpm with a garden hose attachment....works great. I use 300ft of 1/4 hose, 4 different nozzles and a chemical mixer

I use it in 4in and 6in to cut out roots...takes longer then my trailer with the warthog, but does the same job.
            Ok now you have just opened up the door for lots more questions

300' of hose?..that sounds like alot to me. You must have a fortune tied up in equipment.
            Chemical mixer? how much?, when applied? and what chems are we talking about?
            Why use jetter to cut roots when cable can remove them?

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
              3500psi @ 4gpm will work "IF" you use the right size nozzle and house.
              You could call this guy and he could help you figure out what it would take.
              Sewer Equipment & Supplies 202-330-8395

Tell em I sent ya
              I want half of your kickback
              Hey is he local to me?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Ace,

I have a similar gas PW as haycad 3500psi @ 4gpm and was thinking about buying hoses and nozzles for mine. 4 gpm isn't enough for 4" sewers? How much do you need?

We are starting to get jetting requests from restaurants that we do plumbing service for. I just hand them a card of someone set up for it but why should I give away work if I have something that could work?

I usually shy away from drain cleaning but using water in combination with a gas power tool sounds like fun times
                4 gpm will work, but as I said, will be a little sketchy; its not like you put the nozzle thru once so you know its good, you will have to make multiple passes, especially in a restaraunt where you are fighting grease... you will just have to show more care in order to do a good job with a little machine. 5-6 gpm will run the smallest warthog nozzle (which are so nice), and will run off a hose bib without a tank. I'd aim for that if I were you.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I Have Alot Of Questions Too. Im Also Getting Request From Restraunts For Drain Cleaning I Would Like To Get Them On Some P.m. But I Think I Would Need The Jetter.? So Lets Say I Do Purchase The Gas P.w. What Hose And Tips Would You Reccomend Keep In Mind Ive Never Worked For A Rooter Company So My Knowledge Is Based On Very Little Experience And Advise From You Guys
                  Mike

Comment

I dont get a "kick back", well not yet anyway I bought all my jetter stuff from em and he was really cool to work with when setting up things. He not only sales em but he`s also got a sewer bizzz so he gets to use em.
                    I run 250` of hose on my truck jetter

I run it at 3500psi @ 7GPM

Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-30-2007, 09:13 PM.
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Thanks For The Help I Think Im Going To Get The P.w. Ive Done Some Research On The Machine And I Wouldnt Lose Any Money Even If It Stays A P.w. What Types Of Hoses And Heads?
                      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
                        Thanks For The Help I Think Im Going To Get The P.w. Ive Done Some Research On The Machine And I Wouldnt Lose Any Money Even If It Stays A P.w. What Types Of Hoses And Heads?
                        Yes yes yes I need this also

Comment

Ok now you have just opened up the door for lots more questions

300' of hose?..that sounds like alot to me. You must have a fortune tied up in equipment.
                          Chemical mixer? how much?, when applied? and what chems are we talking about?
                          Why use jetter to cut roots when cable can remove them?

Oh Mr. Crack...lol....jetting to cut roots is 100% more effective then a snake anyday...I have the videos to prove it. Warthog nozzle is designed to cut the roots. It spins inside the pipe to cut roots out of the diameter of the pipe. Could be a good debate Jetting vs. Cabling. Anywho, when i jet a line infested with roots, i will use the warthog nozzle with the camera in the line and BAM within 1min they completely remove 100% of the roots, vs. a snake will get about 75% out.

I use a chemical called Citra Jet for restuarants. Its a degreasing chemical. Orange in color, and citrus in smell, It foams up inside the pipe when contacted with water. Its good stuff i use it alot. I use a 2 gallon jug at a time.

Yes 300ft of hose on both of my jetters, i also have a trailer jetter. That real can carry 500ft of hose...Right now with the cold weather, i rarely take the trailer out unleass absolutely needed, so i use my van mini jetter, otherwise im antifreezing the pump and lines every single day.
                          Last edited by Drain Medic; 12-30-2007, 09:58 PM.
                          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

Can I get rich off jetting lines or is it just another piece of equipment I need to maintain to keep my customers coming back to me?

Thx everyone for the quick responces

~Bill

Comment

Can I get rich off jetting lines or is it just another piece of equipment I need to maintain to keep my customers coming back to me?

Thx everyone for the quick responces

~Bill

You need the right equipment...Read your PM

Comment

Working...
                              X