X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jetter question

being how I always have to show proof to you Rick heres a pic to prove I know a little something about MFG`s and ratings. Now these pictures wont be up long so get your quick look before they are gone.

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

So you get your math from what the ad say`s?

I have a Big Block Chevy thats rated at 340 hp that makes 1500hp on a dyno

Now do thay math
      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-05-2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        being how I always have to show proof to you Rick heres a pic to prove I know a little something about MFG`s and ratings. Now these pictures wont be up long so get your quick look before they are gone.

please explain how a vibrating vibra-knife for cutting out a windshield has anything to do with what the manufacture of your jetter has to say about the specs?

i posted the specs directly from his web site. this is the one you own.

i don't want ben to be misled into something that you claim is true when even the manufacture says it's not.

now if you want to post the real nameplate photo of your jetter, and prove otherwise, then i think i've proved my point.

or you post the link to where you bought this jetter and i'll read it for myself.

having at least 8 jetters, i think i have learned a thing about them by now

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

So you get your math from what the ad say`s?

I have a Big Block Chevy thats rated at 340 hp that makes 1500hp on a dyno

Now do thay math
          so what you're telling me is that the 16h.p gas engine in the machine you bought is no longer a 16 h.p. machine. and i guess the pump that is rated for 7gpm. is no longer a 7gpm pump.

to get more water from a positive displacemnt pump require bigger valving or a higer rpm than it was designed for. of course all requires more horsepower to make this work.

so is your jetter a wolf in sheeps clothing

rick.

so what did you buy? it's your photo and the same link?
          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick Rick Rick,
            Yes you posted the specs directly from his web site but those are from a recommended RPM. The 16hp can run the RPM with out bogging down.( gear box)
            "NO" I have done nothing to the 16hp what so ever other then turn it past the rpm that is required to reach 2600psi.
            You may own a few jetters that does not make you any kind of a pump God

Rick the picture I showed you should have shown you that the addresses are the same on the ink pin as the motors in the pictures. Yes I know a little something about MFG ratings and how we rate what we are putting on the market.

Example:

A pressure tank rated at 250psi will be tested up to and not limited to 450psi to insure a safe underrating.

These pumps will put out more pressure and volume then the rating on the tags placed on them. The volume will have a lot to do with the size of the house and nozzle openings as once you reach the limit of the openings you will just be putting water back in the system but I guess you already knew that???

Now show me your math figures Rick,
            I really want to see how you came up with the valve sizes, Rpm VS, Hp VS, orifice sizing VS, the pull of the water out of the tank VS, the length of hose and size and all the other factors that come in to play in making such a statement.

math figures PLEASE
            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-05-2008, 04:37 PM.

Comment

this is my set-up Rick

this is not some little piss-ant cart set-up like the little ones you own. I dont know why he offers em on a cart as it took all 2 of us could do to load it in the truck.

Now I have a few calls to go do and I hope to see your math when I come back to the shop. I`ll have my brother look at your figures as he`s the Hydro engineer in the family
              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-06-2008, 12:23 AM.

Comment

You two (Rick and Steve) sound like the two guys from the movie "Grumpy Old Men".

Back to what I was asking, what kind of jetter would be good for the 3/8" warthog 3-7gal model? When you turn the volume down, does the pressure come down also or can you keep the pressure the same?

Forgot to add; just a personal thing-I the type that doesn't take much stock in what a company says about it's products. Anybody can write anything. I like to hear a hands on experience about a product. Telling me a k-60 rotates at 600 rpms is useless. I bought mine because Rick told me his personal experiences with it. Saying this for what it's worth.
                Last edited by gear junkie; 01-05-2008, 08:01 PM. Reason: I have free will
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It`s all good

There would be no reason to turn down your volume as you want volume to wash things down. It takes so much volume to get your pressure.

Like I said, I have used the hell out of my jetter washing mud n trash down and it worked for what I bought it for. I`m not a jetter man as I think a cable would do a better job as it`s faster to set-up and pack up when doing roots in a 4" main line. Where I`m a T/M man I want to get R done quick and save time. the jetter has it`s place on what I call WASH DOWN`S.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    You two (Rick and Steve) sound like the two guys from the movie "Grumpy Old Men".

Back to what I was asking, what kind of jetter would be good for the 3/8" warthog 3-7gal model? When you turn the volume down, does the pressure come down also or can you keep the pressure the same?

Forgot to add; just a personal thing-I the type that doesn't take much stock in what a company says about it's products. Anybody can write anything. I like to hear a hands on experience about a product. Telling me a k-60 rotates at 600 rpms is useless. I bought mine because Rick told me his personal experiences with it. Saying this for what it's worth.
                    ben, it's a positive displacement pump. turning down the pressure is easy as you can adjust the unloader to bypass at a lower psi. unloader is similar to a pressure regulator.

now turning down the volume is done by lower the rpm of the engine and this also lower the h.p. the engine will stall. or you can use a high pressure ball valve on the discharge jetter hose and throttle it down. you don't want to do this as it will not work with the jetter nozzles that are sized per the gpm/ psi the machine is built for. sure you could have a second set of nozzles/ jets to keep the psi up and the volume down.

a good application for this would be on a 2'' line. typically you bring out the equipment to match the job at hand. you don't bring a trailer to clean small pipe. it can be done but why?

rick.

ben the 3/8'' warthog will only work on 3'' and larger pipe. i have the specs. right in front of me,
                    it states 4-12 gpm. 4000psi max 3/8'' npt inlet and designed for 3 and 4'' pipe. it will clean 6'' pipe with the proper flow, but there are no centering guides so it will ride the bottom of the pipe and not be very effictive on the top half.

this is not a nozzle you use every day for general work. it a specialty nozzle when the job calls for it. 4 years ago i was quoted $599. for it. there is a pulling factor and you should contact the company that makes it for the proper pulling curve.

www.stoneagetools.com

rick.
                    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 01-06-2008, 01:07 AM.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      or you can use a high pressure ball valve on the discharge jetter hose and throttle it down. it can be done but why? Just curious.

rick.
                      I know it's possible to do but you shouldn't throttle with ball valves. I rebuilt some 2" ball valve that were used for throttling on a well drilling rig. You couldn't even reconize what the ball was used for, it was so mishappen.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

if you throttle with the ball valve its not good on the pump as well, but what do I know.

Comment

if you throttle with the ball valve its not good on the pump as well, but what do I know.
                          I know that your name came up about 10 times over dinner last night

Comment

If You're all through patting Butts,Did this Ca, storm bring any drain work?
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              I know that your name came up about 10 times over dinner last night
                              I`ve always said:
                              "I don't care what they are saying about me, as long as they are talking about me"

Comment

I`ve always said:
                                "I don't care what they are saying about me, as long as they are talking about me"

I like that, who cares what they say, as long as they are talking about me!!
                                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X