X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter question

Been looking at one, not because of Rick, Joey. I saw a jetter that has 7 gpm at 2700 psi. Saw another one at 3500 psi with 8 GPM but this one is a pressure washer. Both are carts. Is there any reason not to use the latter? A jetter is just a pressure washer so the conversion shouldn't be that wrong? Add a reel with hose and that should be it, right? The latter PW's company said that rating was sustained and not spike pressure. How do you know which pressure the companies are advertising? Is there any disadvantage to having this much gpm from a cart jetter? Is there any reason not to use a warthog jetterhead for everything? If it does roots, grease should be no problem? Last question; how do you figure out pressure loss for jetter lines?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Jetter question

ben, good questions, but my if i post, joey will be mad

call me later to discuss. please post the 2 links for the 2 mentioned machines.

now i'm in trouble, the phone rang. joey saw my green dot

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Been looking at one, not because of Rick, Joey. I saw a jetter that has 7 gpm at 2700 psi. Saw another one at 3500 psi with 8 GPM but this one is a pressure washer. Both are carts. Is there any reason not to use the latter? A jetter is just a pressure washer so the conversion shouldn't be that wrong? Add a reel with hose and that should be it, right? The latter PW's company said that rating was sustained and not spike pressure. How do you know which pressure the companies are advertising? Is there any disadvantage to having this much gpm from a cart jetter? Is there any reason not to use a warthog jetterhead for everything? If it does roots, grease should be no problem? Last question; how do you figure out pressure loss for jetter lines?

GPM pressure is what its really about....once you start going past 6gpm for a water supply from a garden hose to the jetter, you have to becarefull. Alot of the house garden hose connection wont keep up with the jetter, so you will lose pressure very often. You can use a Warthog on that kind of GPM, but you wont get the same effect as you would say a 14GPM, it just wont spin. You can use a Warthog for pretty much anything, but again i would get it if your going to use a higher volume of water. Friction Loss will come by how much supply hose you are using. The more footage, the less pressure from the garden hose, usually a 50ft hose is fine. Then you have the hose on your reel. Depends on what yours is rated for, my gas jetter carries 300ft at 5gpm, 4000psi. There is a chart that i will PM that i have showing the different friction loss for sizes of hoses and footage, basically the smaller the hose and more footage you have, the more friction loss your going to encounter.
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

http://waterresearchusa.com/_wsn/page7.html
        This is the pressure washer
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29
        This is the jetter

Greg what if I used a warthog designed for these pressures? I saw they have 2-3/8" models. One for 3-7gpm and the other for 8-12 gpm and both rated up to 4k psi. Wouldn't the 3-7 be good? What's the minimum psi for the warthogs?

Another question? Any advantage to having such a long hose? Wouldn't 200 ft suffice? If you did a bucket test to find your gpm is sufficent for your jetter, is that okay? I would just tell the customer not to run water while I'm jetting. I get 10 gpm at my house.

One more; if this is stupid tell me. Hook the jetter to the WH hose bibb so you're getting water supply from a main line with no reductions, the water would just be hot.

Okay last one; how do cart jetters do with homes with wells?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

How bout just call me now, a buddy of mine just bought that exact jetter yesterday

Greg
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

I'll call but could you still post your answers? I have a bad memory(remind me to tell you that story in DC) and I don't want to leave Pcrack out of the conversation.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

I have this same one

It kicks butt big time.
                I have used it many times and have been very happy with it. Here again, it all goes back the hose and nozzle you use. I have my set-up running 3000psi and I have to have a water tank.
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

How many GPM's are you getting? What kind of nozzles do you use and for what application? Is this the same one in the back of your truck?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yes, this is the same one mounted in my truck. I`m getting about 7.5 to 8 gpm before it bypasses and returns the extra water back to the tank. I`ve been using it on 4" main lines and one city 18" main line. I`ve back jetted mud over 200` and was real happy with it`s performance. Mine has a Gear reduction drive between the pump and motor, not sure if this one in the picture does or not??? I can kill the 16hp motor if I crank the pressure way up. It`s a real power house for the money. I only use it to jet mud, sludge and rust down line. I`ve never used it to cut roots as I believe my cable will do a better job for that.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                      Yes, this is the same one mounted in my truck. I`m getting about 7.5 to 8 gpm before it bypasses and returns the extra water back to the tank. I`ve been using it on 4" main lines and one city 18" main line. I`ve back jetted mud over 200` and was real happy with it`s performance. Mine has a Gear reduction drive between the pump and motor, not sure if this one in the picture does or not??? I can kill the 16hp motor if I crank the pressure way up. It`s a real power house for the money. I only use it to jet mud, sludge and rust down line. I`ve never used it to cut roots as I believe my cable will do a better job for that.

16h.p will not run 7.5-8 gpm at 3000#. the math is not there. it's a positive displacement pump.

rick.

your's is rated for 7gpm at 2600 psi

3000# will equate to 5.5 gpm

my 18 hp. is rated for 3500# at 5.5 gpm.
                      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 01-05-2008, 02:28 PM. Reason: math research.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Well Rick
                        I guess my bucket lied to me as I tried it 4 times and came up with between 7 and 8 gallons every time.

so show me how you did the math and make sure you equate the gear reduction box in to it

I didn't do the math, I did the hands on test
                        Either way, it works well with 250` of hose and has done every job I have asked of it so far and I`m not a jetter man by no means!

How ever the seller still owes me over a $200 refund on my shipping as it got lost before it got here and I paid extra for 3 day shipping

ACS....aka "The Drum Machine Man"
                        Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-05-2008, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I have this same one

It kicks butt big time.
                          I have used it many times and have been very happy with it. Here again, it all goes back the hose and nozzle you use. I have my set-up running 3000psi and I have to have a water tank.
                          Well Rick
                          I guess my bucket lied to me as I tried it 4 times and came up with between 7 and 8 gallons every time.
                          did you actually have a jetting nozzle on it at the time it was in the bucket? or was this the hose just free flowing? you need to have the nozzle on it and a pressure gage at the front of the hose to measure it properly.

so show me how you did the math and make sure you equate the gear reduction box in to it

I didn't do the math, I did the hands on test
                          Either way, it works well with 250` of hose and has done every job I have asked of it so far and I`m not a jetter man by no means!

How ever the seller still owes me over a $200 refund on my shipping as it got lost before it got here and I paid extra for 3 day shipping

ACS....aka "The Drum Machine Man"
                          here is the link you have for your machine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29

right from the manufactures specs.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick what do you know about manufactures specification rating?

I can tell you how it`s done as I have been a MFG but I`m gonna wait till you tell me how it`s done

Comment

Rick what do you know about manufactures specification rating?

I can tell you how it`s done as I have been a MFG but I`m gonna wait till you tell me how it`s done

Sewer Jetter Drain Cleaner Snake Machine Hydro Jetter

7 GPM @ 2600 PSI 75% More Flow then 4 GPM = BIG POWERItem number: 350011647474

Sewer Equipment and Supplies

C-726 Hydro Jetter.
                              Big Flow 7 GPM 2600 PSI
                              </B>Our Industrial Grade Hydro Jetter is Strong & reliable and will out perform most other units out there, hands down all daylong. This unit has 75 % more flow then a 4GPM unit. This unit will walk circles around a 4 GPM unit.

What does this mean.
                              • Faster cleaning time.
                              • Better performance at the nozzle.
                              • More pulling power.
                              • More Flushing Power.
                              • More Cleaning power.
                              • Cut Roots.
                              • Faster return on your investment.

Will work on sewer lines up to 12” with out any problems at all.

Description:

C – 726 Hydro jetting unit.

· Commercial Duty 16 HP OHV engine with electric start and low oil shut down alert.
                              · Udor Super Duty Gear Reduction drive triplex plunger pump. This pump has heavy duty aluminum alloy connecting rods 1 lb each – deeper back cover for increased oil capacity of 40 oz crank case capacity. This is a high-end pump and has a 5-year warranty backing it.
                              · Installed on the pump is an adjustable unloader with bypass system - E-Z start valve – Pulsating jetting valve.
                              · Heavy Duty Cart powder coated paint with 13” pneumatic tires.
                              · 200’ capacity reel mounted to the cart with a ball valve for easy on/off control of the water when jetting.
                              · Weight 250 LB

Other items for sale

trailer units.

1. Small trailer unit 4X6 125Gal tank 4 GPM 4000 PSI
                              2. 4-x7 trailer with toolbox, 125 Gal tank 4GPM 4000 PSI with fresh water pump.
                              3. 4 X 7 trailer with tool box, 125 Gal water tank, 5.5 GPM @ 3000 PSI with fresh water pump
                              4.Trailer unit with 225Gal tank 8 GPM 3500 PSI 300’ of 3/8 line.
                              5.Trailer unit with 225 Gal or 425 Gal tank 16 GPM 3500 PSI twin reels 300’ of 3/8 line & 400’ of ½ line.
                              6. Trailer unit with 425 Gal tank 22 GPM 2200 PSI 500’ of 1/2" line.

Cart unit.
                              1. Gas 6.5 HP 2000 PSI at 3.5
                              2. Gas 13 HP 3700 PSI @ 4 GPM
                              3. Gas 13 HP 3500 PSI @ 3.5 GPM
                              4. Gas 16 HP 4000 PSI @ 4 GPM
                              5. Gas 16 HP 3000 PSI @ 5.5 GPM

i copied and pasted the specs. this is your machine with the specs on it.

the #'s you claim are impossible to accomplish with a 16h.p gas engine. electric yes, not gas.

rick.
                              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 01-05-2008, 03:05 PM.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X