Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

soo what is the diffrence in cable brands/designs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soo what is the diffrence in cable brands/designs?

At work we use a Gen Wire I-95 sectional..1/2 and 7/8s cables...soo only brand I have seen or handled...

As I look around and read about the diffrent drain mechines....each company has their own brand of cables. Terms like Wire roap, Solid core and such come to mind. The cables Ive seen are simple hollow centered spring design..sectional of course. I just assumed all cables were just about the same....but from some of the post I've read their is Good, better, best in terms of cable designs.

Sooo what is the diffrence in brands ..their design...and what cables are the best/worst/ middle of the road brand?

Please add what ever u think might help a confused gopher out.

Thanks all.

Re: soo what is the diffrence in cable brands/designs?

Originally posted by Evil Gopher View Post
    At work we use a Gen Wire I-95 sectional..1/2 and 7/8s cables...soo only brand I have seen or handled...

As I look around and read about the diffrent drain mechines....each company has their own brand of cables. Terms like Wire roap, Solid core and such come to mind. The cables Ive seen are simple hollow centered spring design..sectional of course. I just assumed all cables were just about the same....but from some of the post I've read their is Good, better, best in terms of cable designs.

Sooo what is the diffrence in brands ..their design...and what cables are the best/worst/ middle of the road brand?

Please add what ever u think might help a confused gopher out.

Thanks all.
    nice machine. i have that too and it's basically a k-60 painted orange. i like mine

you didn't expect to hear that did you

cables are the most important part of any snake. the machine just turns the cable. sure you need cutters, but cutters are pretty much interchangeable. the cables tend to have specific ends on them for the brand of machine they are used on.

i like a stiff cable for drums with a tuff aircraft innercore. old ridgid cable was like this. not anymore

i also like a stiff sectional cable for large pipe and a softer sectional for small pipe.

general does make some very good cables and they are a wire and spring co.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I was ?? more along the lines of Hollow core vs solid core...or left hand twist and all the other terms.

Someoen posted a link to cables direct their PDF file more or less covered the ???? about cable types.

still ?? whats the diffrence between say a Ridgid cable vs brand X Y Z.

Comment

Go to pages 14-15

http://www.duracable.com/Catalog.aspx
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
        X