X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good deal? (Jetter)?

My local HD has a 1500 psi, 2.1 gpm husky pressure washer for 65. Would something like this be good for sink, washing machine lines?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Is this a good deal? (Jetter)?

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    My local HD has a 1500 psi, 2.1 gpm husky pressure washer for 65. Would something like this be good for sink, washing machine lines?

For 65 bucks, thats a good price..As far as cleaning, you might be able to remove the light stuff laying on the bottom of the pipe, but you probably wont be removing the scale, and hard grease with that
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

those are similar to the specs of the machine I use for 2" and smaller lines. I have found a amp draw below 15 very important. does this have an unloader? if so you can prob dial down pressure a tiny bit and keep under 15 amp. i worry about the cheaper units as to longevity, especially when they have plastic hose connections. but for $65, plus probably $150 in hose, $50 in nozzles, $100 in misc stuff you can try out the concept and if the thing holds up, great, if not its the cheapest piece of the puzzle.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

What's an uploader? Any recommendations to specific hoses, nozzles, misc equipment that might be needed?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

What's an uploader? Any recommendations to specific hoses, nozzles, misc equipment that might be needed?
          ben i posted this in your other thread on jetters.

basically an unloader is a regulator that allows for bypassing any excess pressure back to the inlet side of the pump. or on a trailer unit back to the pump.

$65 is cheap, but you get what you pay for.

1500# @ 2.1gpm is a 2 horse unit. these are the max. numbers that can be done with 2 h.p. you will draw probably 17 amps at load.

like your friend slyvan once said, it will pay for it's self before you got up the elevator.

nothing wrong with trying this on a 2'' and smaller line. just keep in mind you do need all the rest of the parts. these of course can be reused on the next short lived machine.

not a bad first start, but don't expect big things out of this.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            ben i posted this in your other thread on jetters. I missed it when you did the right turn telling Steve about his machine. Got distracted from that point on.

basically an unloader is a regulator that allows for bypassing any excess pressure back to the inlet side of the pump. or on a trailer unit back to the pump.

not a bad first start, but don't expect big things out of this. I'm keeping my expectations low on this one.

rick.
            I need to buy a locator then get a jetter. I like the one Greg has been telling me about. Greg, don't tell Rick about it. He'll try and tell you about your jetter. Joey, this is all me. Rick is not "influencing" me to buy anything.

Ace sewer-how do you like your sink jetter setup. How good does it work on grease?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ace sewer-how do you like your sink jetter setup. How good does it work on grease?
              it's the bomb for 2"
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

correction; plastic, copper, or no-hub 2"...... anything with threaded connections I have to snake if more than 1 or 2 bends.

grease is where it shines

Comment

Working...
                X