X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roots JEtting and some other ??

I don't warrenty my stoppages any longer then 24 hrs, for 2 reasons, a warrenty on drain cleaning means abuse by the home owner and second, it means I am buying their problem, the problem I am trying to repair for them.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
      I don't warrenty my stoppages any longer then 24 hrs, for 2 reasons, a warrenty on drain cleaning means abuse by the home owner and second, it means I am buying their problem, the problem I am trying to repair for them.

Thats where i have to disagree with you on the "means abuse by the home owner" If you warranty the line with the exclusion of ABUSE then you should have nothing to worry if you ran the line from the proper access, with proper machine. No if access is shady, say pulling a toilet, or running from the roof, then that is another reason i would not warranty it, but cleanout, easy access, will definitely get warrantied, again with the word IF NOT ABUSED. On the back of the invoice it states what abuse is.

On your buying their problem, i understand your point 100% on repair the problem. But if you get a customer that calls you and its the 1st time in their 40 yrs of living there and its just a simple clog, then with out a doubt, its getting warrantied, then your gonna say, well if the line is 40yrs old, then it should be replaced, and i agree on that, but im not going to push the issue on it. To me i wouldnt consider it buying their problem, i would think of it as finding a cure for their problem.
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

AMEN WESTCOAST AND ACEI can appreciate drain medic's point though.I have been in business since 1984 and while I am optimistic about people(customers)I have learned to be ...guarded.I guess That is why I am a big believer in writing everything down ..even a change to the job. we are all human and forget details.If a descrepincy arises.....written agreement means everything.The warranty on the lines seems like a good selling point for repeat calls from customers but I don't see that I lost any work from NOT giving it?? BTW ace that is an excellent quote..I'll remember that one!
        Last edited by CAROLINA PLUMBER; 01-09-2008, 12:30 AM. Reason: forgot somethin

Comment

Hey, im the last person to tell anyone what to do. Everyone has their own techniques, tricks and stradegies. Im just offering my opinion, and insight to how i do things. I have never had a problem with customers either on the warranty issues...ever. I can appreciate your guys stradegy. Im my service, the customer is very important to me, so i will do whats needed to protect them, give them a great service, and feel comfortable with what i have done and look myself in the eyes in a mirror and be happy. In wording on my invoices, and again this is strictly on drain cleaning, i know you guys differ because you do plumbing as well, so im only speaking on the drain cleaning part of it...You have to be guarded with giving warranties in plumbing...alot at risk. Again thats why i have the equipment to properly diagnose, clean, clear a pipe...so when i give a warranty, its for good reason, they paid good money for me to come to their house or property, i want them to get the best for their money, and when i leave and they have a warranty, then they know the job has been done right, and i know they are happy with my service.

Just MO, i dont expect anybody to run their business as i do

Greg
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Agree whole heartedly with comments re customer service. Don't misunderstand my previous comment; my conscience is a GREAT warranty. I 100% back my work and in the rare event I have a comeback, and even more rare event that I can't attribute it to abuse or a problem in the line, I generally eat it. I just choose not to put it in writing.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I can tell drain medic is a man that has honor.(or are you a women?)Anyway this is what happened to me 2 days ago.guy called me out for a sewer main stoppage.when I arrived he pointed to the sidewalk, boiling water was pouring out of his main waterline too!The sewer was in the back of the home,water in front.He said "I need to know what will it cost worse case senario"I said $800 bucks.He said best case senario..I need to know he stated"I said $700.He said go ahead and do it.....got my concrete saw,me a helper dug it up repaired it.After I finished he said...I am only thinking thats worth $300 you fixed it pretty fastI said if I stayed here all night long would you be mad if I asked you for $1600???what good was the $800 quote??If we are going to play LETS MAKE A DEAL afterwards??so MR drain medic I am looking in the mirror @ myself and with a clear concience....going to give him your phone number.I hope he never calls me back. BTW after talking w/ him and lowering my price on the water quote because he stated he would let me take out the bad section of sewer piping(I later discovered)...He lied and got another plumber...

Comment

Originally posted by CAROLINA PLUMBER View Post
                He lied and got another plumber...
                And jerked them around on price too no doubt.
                Best thing that ever happened to you, IMO.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post

O. K. RICK YOU ALL GET A BIG LAUGH AT ME ! !

P.S. this homeowner was a city building inspector in a town my co. did work in,

JERRYMAC

jerry, i would never jet a line with a high volume jetter/ trailer with the c/o higher than the bathroom. even if it's a ground level bathroom, the c/o better be downstream. i will cable it to allow it to drain, then jet if it's necessary.
                  Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  Agree whole heartedly with comments re customer service. Don't misunderstand my previous comment; my conscience is a GREAT warranty. I 100% back my work and in the rare event I have a comeback, and even more rare event that I can't attribute it to abuse or a problem in the line, I generally eat it. I just choose not to put it in writing.
                  pretty much my warranty too. i feel guilty if it's less than 5 months since i've been there. roots have a growing season of 2x a year. spring and fall. most jobs that are root related will last 1 or more years if the line is properly cleaned and is 4'' or larger. the 3'' root jobs will grow back and plug faster than 4'' and 6''.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

yes RICK that is what i found out for myself,
                    but was trying to give the GOPHER the answer
                    to his question about why you run a cable before jetting

JERRYMAC
                    JERRYMAC
                    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
                    X