Thank You Double Blade!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Double Blade!!!!!!

Had a mainline call yesterday, ran the cable nice and slow, inch by inch, felt some bad spots, worked them really well, maybe to well, all was great, cleared the stoppage, cable came back oh, maybe 18 feet, then came back no more

Long story short, pulled the camera out, did a location and dug the line up, right at the cast to clay tansition 3" to 4". It was a wonderful thing.

Repaired the customers problem, got the cable back out and installed a c/o in front, instead of using the one in back.
    sigpic

Robert

Re: Thank You Double Blade!!!!!!

Double bladed, are you insane!!
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post

Rick says he does it all the time, so I figured I would listen to the master, and see, twice I broke my rule and twice I got stuck.

Luckily I have fixed the customers problem at the same time so they were very pleased.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
        What would you have recommended?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

What kind of roots are those? Look like vines.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Not a double blade thats for sure...You double blade your asking for trouble. Granted it will cut roots, but it usually will wind up like a big knot. I double bladed twice, will never do it again. 1st time same problem Robert had, 2nd time, the double blade went in, only half the blade came out, and that was on a grease blockage.

Depends on if Rob tried going in there 1st with a regular cutter. In that situation, if i cabled it 1st and kept pulling back roots, its Warthog time, if i didnt have a jet, maybe id call someone that lives in Cali to bring one of their sectionals

Its worth a try to save them money, but if roots are that bad then it needs to be replaced, so in the same sense, Rob did them a favor by double blading, but not nesessary
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              What kind of roots are those? Look like vines.

Ummm, those are far western master green pipe pentrator vein termintor toilet paper crap heardin roots Ben.

what do I look like, a gardner???

they are tree roots and possibly fikus tree roots, not sure and don't care my friend
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Nice!
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Rob, just to clarify and so i dont drop the ball, what do you consider double blade? are you talking 2 C shaped blades stacked on each other, or are you talking about a C cutter ( 2 blades on one bracket that is screwed, connected to the leader). Im pretty sure you run Spartan 2001 or 1065? so im guessing you have the leader with the threaded end. Im guessing your talking about 2 2in C cutters one on top of the other

Comment

Ummmm....what's a double blade?
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

what do you mean by "double blade" ?

Are you talking about something like this?

If so, thats what I use on every main line sewer

BTW.... westcoastplumber that sure looks like a drum machine cable, Ricks gonna be pissed
                      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-08-2008, 11:10 PM.
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I braze 2 cutters together to make a 4-blade cutter... a technique I inherited from my partner/company founder.

Comment

I really, really gotta read this forum more often...you guys are hilarious.
                          Robert...um...ya do look a little horticultural...can I get a dozen roses delivered?

Comment

Yeah, double blade, the one you have posted all clear, 3" on the one I pictured, I always use a 3" 1/2 blade, never have a problem.

The 3 times I use double blade, 2 of those times I got stuck, and I ease it in and work it, going back 10 feet every so often, and even pulling out when the blade is full or if there is alot of tension.

I never get stuck with a 3" 1/2 blade unless the sewer is 90% packed. Maybe has nothing to do with the double blade and maybe a coinky dink, the sewer was just really packed and ready for repair and those stoppages I just happened to use the double blade.

Yes, it is a drum machine cable, I use nothing else.
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post

Yes, it is a drum machine cable, I use nothing else.
                              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X