Vandalism, or 'Let's Play Drop the Stick!'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandalism, or 'Let's Play Drop the Stick!'

Took a 4 foot long, 1 1/4 x 3 chunk of lumber up from the bottom of a 12' deep cleanout today. About 30 degrees off vertical, not quite straight as the pipe was doing the sdr35 hula dance. Thing was wedged TIGHT at the bottom, finally broke it loose so I could wiggle it, then worked a noose of thin rope around it and inched it up bit by bit. Incredibly tedious, but I got it. Proud of this one. I think they'd have been digging if they'd called anyone else around here.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Vandalism, or 'Let's Play Drop the Stick!'

Nice Work.

Suprised that one fit through the toilet trap

I pulled someone elses cable from a sewer c/o that was 10'-12' in depth with a toe chain from the neighbors car dealer ship.

It is a good feeling to be able to help someone knowing very well that anyone else would have ripped them a new one by digging it up
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

i pulled 65` of "roto rooters" cables out of a sewer about 6 months a go after they broke it and left the job. I used my see snake to see when my cutter snagged it, then pulled it back by hand

i pulled an expanding 4" plug out of a clean-out that was 7` deep with my "wire" fish rod`s from Lows with a hook end I love them little 4` fiberglass fish rod`s for stuff like this. I bought 150` of em to tape my snode on when pin point locating
      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-08-2008, 11:20 PM.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

On a new home My son in law plumbed.someone did a bad one. clear plastic water bottle in the abs drain. EXPENSIVE BLOCKEGE,wasn't ezy 2 find
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

many many years ago when coke bottler had a deposit and they were slim they fit down roof vents very easy.

talk about a bad situation. the snake breaks the bottle, the glass still needs to be removed to clear the line. not a good thing.

i would think now a days, a camera can locate the problem and a good auger might grab a plastic bottle.

back then, it was snake and locate by sound. this being 25 years or so back.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Sounds like a stake someone had in the ground to mark the location of the CO during construction that either got accidently dropped or fell in there or someone, maybe kids, put it in there playing around.

How old is the building and did they ever have to use the CO before I wonder.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

It was a new house Bob, they'd been in it a month... I think it'd been there more or less the whole time. It was too long to have gone in by accident... had to be kids or somebady mad at somebody.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

One of the local hospitals in Phoenix had to have it's front lawn dug up to remove a 3-1/2" concrete core from a 4" pipe...
                We think a framer dropped it into an open pipe during a 2nd floor renovation....
                Cost the hospital about 15G's

Comment

While this is an old post,its my first time reading it.So have you seen a bag of potatoes,or beans,or busted up bricks down the vents? All this because a landlord wanted their rent and for the tentants to stop wrecking their apts.
                  Kenneth Collier
                  Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
                  Jackson, MS 39206
                  (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
                  drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

I "fished" a baseball bat out of an outside c/o a few months ago, the homeowner wasn't nearly as excited as I was; got a 2inch peice of pvc to wedge around it and pulled it out. . .

Comment

Working...
                    X