Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where's the money for you?

Originally posted by jeeny1 View Post
    What I think may be harsh for somebody who is working as a drain cleaner but it’s true by far. In drain cleaning money in not enough for toughs who are working as plumber or as drain cleaner. Work in any part of universe they will not satisfied as far as plumbers’ compensation is concern. But if the thread is where I think the real money is in drain cleaning then I would say plumbing services

Obviously you know nothing about drain cleaning. Im not going to get into this much, because that quote is just dumb but anyway. What do YOU think its worth to go into someones house, tyring to protect everyone and everything from getting dirty or hurt. Then you have to either pull a toilet that some strangers have been sitting on for years, or have to cut a pipe that is full of RAW SEWAGE, or even pull a cap off a cleanout that is just waiting to blow all over you from head pressure. Thats just the beginning. Now you have to bring in a machine (after protecting the white fluffy carpets if going into a bathroom) that weighs over 100pds down a flight of 10 steps. Your putting your cable into a sewer line that is full of sewage.

Clear the blockage. Now you have to bring the machine back up 10 steps by yourself. Clean up after yourself.

How much is that worth to you? What would you charge??? You would charge what the job is worth, not because your not happy because you not making a million dollars. Believe it or not, not everyone in this business is looking to get rich quick.

Plumbers deserve WHATEVER THEY WANT TO CHARGE. They are worth every penny of it. Drain Cleaner are worth WHATEVER THEY CHARGE. Its hard to play in raw sewage, specially when its not your own.

But its cool, you have no idea how this business works, so its all good.

And honestly, no offense to the plumbers, but in Pa. the real money is in drain cleaning. Just ask the plumbers out here who are calling me everyday to clear a block for them
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Re: Where's the money for you?

Originally posted by jeeny1 View Post
      What I think may be harsh for somebody who is working as a drain cleaner but it’s true by far. In drain cleaning money in not enough for toughs who are working as plumber or as drain cleaner. Work in any part of universe they will not satisfied as far as plumbers’ compensation is concern. But if the thread is where I think the real money is in drain cleaning then I would say plumbing services
      Can some one translate this in English for me? I`m just a Drain Cleaner and this must be way over my head
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
      X