X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me something????

Ok Ridgid am I the only one that uses the K-7500 daily?

I replace the feeder bearings 3 times a year for the last 2 years.

Now the gear drive bearings are gone after 2 years!!!!

Tell me something????

this thing makes more noise then a police siren

that little clean back bearing is shoot!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Tell me something????

Man ACS,
    You sure do have some bad luck with your tools.

Comment

the feed bearings 3 times a year seem like a lot. i always use to assist my feeder in pulling back and kept the cable clean, dry and oiled. you could always eliminate the auto feed

the motor gears are a first for me. but then again, my k-60 doesn't have that set up

how many machines do you use? i would always have at least 1 back up machine as you make your living with this equipment.

i did say at least 1 back up

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I use my K-7500 all day long. I have a big Marco but I rather use the 7500. The Marco might not take the work load any better but I wouldn't know as it`s been parked for the last few years. I`m sure if I used a K-60 this much I would be replacing the jaws all the time Rick. I just bought a big pumper truck so I`m sure I`ll be sticking a K-60 on it. My problem is with this K-7500 being in the shop all the time.
        Rick, I`ve had 2 of the feeder bearings snap in half this winter.
        I`m starting to think that these repairs are just gonna be part of the job
        Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-15-2008, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          I use my K-7500 all day long. I have a big Marco but I rather use the 7500. The Marco might not take the work load any better but I wouldn't know as it`s been parked for the last few years. I`m sure if I used a K-60 this much I would be replacing the jaws all the time Rick. I just bought a big pumper truck so I`m sure I`ll be sticking a K-60 on it. My problem is with this K-7500 being in the shop all the time.
          Rick, I`ve had 2 of the feeder bearings snap in half this winter.
          I`m starting to think that these repairs are just gonna be part of the job
          could the freezing weather play a part in your troubles. i've worn out bearings, but only to the point of too much play, not broken in half.

since i don't have to deal with freezing weather, it's only a guess.

the nice thing about the 7500 is the gear reduction hi torque motor. you could always switch back to a regular motor like on the 750. you might need to make a motor mount adapter. that will eliminate your gear issues.

feed bearings, is too excessive. maybe too tight, water freezing, dirt? not sure why you have more than normal issues?

now when you do put that k-60 on your pumper truck, remember it's not a 7500. there is a small learning curve.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I was thinking that the weather might have something to do with em braking the cage of the bearings in the feeder but I just dont know yet. Most of the time they are just worn out to the point of too much play.

Now where can I get Brushes for the motor??? They too are gone!
            I need some ASAP!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi everybody, I am new to your group, so be paitent. I have a Spartan 1065 and have the same problem with the feed bearings in the winter. Cold weather really sucks. My Spartan came with a very noisy gear reduction motor too. It died while on a Sunday call to clear the main line in a mobile home park. The only motor I could get on short notice was a heavy duty 1/2 horse motor from the farm store. It is now very quiet, and it seems to have the same power. I had to change the motor pulleys to get the right RPM though.
              Backhoe58

www.rankinbackhoe.com

Comment

ACS, why don't you get a different brand machine? If I had as much as you seem to have, I would've gotten rid of it. Your time fixing your 7500 is money you're losing. Just my opinion but I can't see how a little itty bitty motor can turn that whole drum and expect to last. The k-60 (not trying to bring up the debate, but that's what I have) is a motor, handle and jaws. That's pretty much it. Motors on the drum machines just seem so small.
                Last edited by gear junkie; 01-15-2008, 11:23 PM.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Well, now after the bearing rebuild it`s now back to being quiet and working good. I really dont know if any machine will do as many jobs as I do each day with out a little work every now and then.

I too have been thinking about a motor change as no one will tell me where to order my brushes????
                  Hint Hint Ridgid!!!

I like the build of the K-7500 and when it`s working right it`s second to none. Maybe I`ll build a copy of it "my way" and see if I get a few more job`s out of my design??? Trust me, I can build anything....rotflmao

Comment

I have 1 duracable machine and 4 gorlitz. All drum. Never broken anything on any of them except cables. Wait...not true; had to re-weld the handle bracket on one of the gorlitz once. And I've worn through a cable guide tube and had to replace a power cord or two. But I don't use auto feed and I probably only snake about 10 lines a week on average; I jet everything.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X