X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: just signed up

atlanta pipe and drain, welcome to the forum. henseforth i will call you AP&D, if you don't mind. see i'm a laidback island boy and typing all those letters sometimes cause my hammock to swing too much and it's all too upsetting

what part of Atlanta you in? i have family and friends in the metro area.

again welcome

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

The only time mine makes any loud noise is when it`s about to cost me $$$$$$
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
        DUNBAR, what are you talking about? We had a guy at work with terrible shoulder pain from carrying the K-1500 in and out of peoples basements and such. A few months later I started having problems and changed the way I carried it and now I am fine.

I was stating fact that I can run my equipment one-handed.

Maybe atlanta will take me up on my $1000 challenge since no one else will.

One hand tied behind my back, any drain in the house; tub drain, kitchen sink, main drain, laundry tub.

Better go to your ATM cuz yo gonna lose.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
          I wish I could give the K-60 a try. I try not to use the K-3800 but sometimes I don't have an option.

Atlanta Pipe and Drain, are you saying Roto-Rooter charged you for damaged equipment? You bought your own drain machine and used it for them?

DUNBAR, what are you talking about? We had a guy at work with terrible shoulder pain from carrying the K-1500 in and out of peoples basements and such. A few months later I started having problems and changed the way I carried it and now I am fine.

Never worked for Roto Rooter!!
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Very quiet. The k-60 uses an induction motor and the drums uses a universal motor. Think of a drum sounding like a router and a k-60 sounding like a cabinet tablesaw.

Check out my Spartan 2001. So quiet you dont even know its running till you see the drum spinning..and thats no lie...ill let you listen to it on the phone I have customers comment on it all the time that there is no noise
            Last edited by Drain Medic; 01-15-2008, 09:23 PM.
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
              Check out my Spartan 2001. So quiet you dont even know its running till you see the drum spinning..and thats now lie...ill let you listen to it on the phone I have customers comment on it all the time that there is no noise

If I did anything above a 4" line....I would of bought the 2001.

The 1065 is what damaged my back....doing 5-6 drain cleaning calls a day.

Urban Cincinnati will make you a drain cleaner real quick. Sometimes it was a matter of getting shot.

Get in, get out, all the plumbing is messed up/wrong. Boss told us not to call unless you break the machine, otherwise get it open.

The guy I worked for gloated that "We take any call the competition doesn't want" "We can get them open when others can't"

At the time I took that as cruel and unusual punishment and we had nobody to bail us out when you wanted to give up.

Now, I take it as one of my best learning experiences involving drain cleaning, learned a slew of tricks of how to get them open as well.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                "We take any call the competition doesn't want" "We can get them open when others can't"

That`s how I do it

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                  Check out my Spartan 2001. So quiet you dont even know its running till you see the drum spinning..and thats no lie...ill let you listen to it on the phone I have customers comment on it all the time that there is no noise
                  Never dealt with the 2001(that's the flagship model?) but have used a k3800 and a 1065. My k-60 is quieter than both. Might have the decibal level but the k-60 is a lower, deep sound. The others are higher pitch and more annoying, at least to me.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yah the 1065 is crazy loud, i use to have to wear ear plugs when i ran that...the 2001 is a dream. It comes apart in 3 pieces for easy manuvering. and its super quiet.

Comment

We'll talk about your 2001 saturday.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                        I was stating fact that I can run my equipment one-handed.

Maybe atlanta will take me up on my $1000 challenge since no one else will.

One hand tied behind my back, any drain in the house; tub drain, kitchen sink, main drain, laundry tub.

Better go to your ATM cuz yo gonna lose.
                        dunbar, i know your not dumb enough to put that challenge to me. if you really want a chance to make a thousand dollars, come to the ridgid roundup and bring cash, cause i don't take american express. also make sure you have a round trip ticket, cause i don't want you crashing on josh's couch when i take your money. i'm sure josh and mrs. josh don't want you crashing on their couch

at a thousand bucks, i'll take on all the fools

like i said it's going to be an obstacle course. not just 1 ground level c/o. it going to be basement through roof. and no elevators.

still think you can hang

lets hear your ground rules. you got to take the good with the ugly in this game.

now who else wants a piece of the action

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          now who else wants a piece of the action

rick.
                          <---- All Clear Sewer and my Trailer full of tricks, thats Who!

Now that is if I can get away. I`m going to Troy Ohio this weekend to pick up my pummper truck so that may cut down on my time off

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                            <---- All Clear Sewer and my Trailer full of tricks, thats Who!

Now that is if I can get away. I`m going to Troy Ohio this weekend to pick up my pummper truck so that may cut down on my time off
                            last time i looked, your 7500 is in lots of pieces

you got plenty of time to put it back as the round up is not a winter thing

plus by then, you'll have your pumper and k-60 in the side box. by then you'll have jumped ship and joined the k-60 team

i hope your new pumper really sucks

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              i hope your new pumper really sucks

rick.
                              ROTFLMAO .....Me too!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                                Sound like you are trying to politely back out You aren't scared already, are you? There is still months and months of trash talk to be had
                                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                                X