Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: just signed up

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

lets hear your ground rules. you got to take the good with the ugly in this game.

now who else wants a piece of the action

rick.

Ahh we be both smart, but I outlined my end >>>>> one handed bandit.

I'll tape my hand behind my back, I'll carry my equipment whether it's my 81 or my 300....up and down steps, doesn't matter.

Don't need to do a roof when I can hit it from the ground, no?

All I ask for is a 2' piece of hard rubber hose slit down one side of the hose so I can guide the cable as the machine feeds the cable in and out of the drain, with of course.....my minimal guidance.

On the kitchen sink,

top down, no removal of trap, full sink of water like it was when you got there.

On the bathtub,

4" of water, standing in the tub, overflow only.

On the lavy,

bad bad hair/toothpaste clog.....but more hair than toothpaste..something that requires numerous passes grabbing a leetle bit at a time so the bulb head doesn't get to big to pull it out. Trap is allowed to come off on these.

On the 3" line where you "have" to pull the toilet,

supply and bolts easily come off,

access to drain, One hand the machine, the cable, everything.

That's down to opening the wax ring box and smearing wax all over your stomach because you're left hand won't raise to do it because your shoulder is ripped/tore apart.

Nevermind plugging the mini shop vac in and pressing your body against the shop vac against the wall so you can put the hose down in the bowl, then the tank so you can move it when it's loose from the floor.

Tilt that toilet back on its front end, pivot it to the back corner of the tub so your machine can be drug one handed into that bathroom.

Plug it in, set the forward power feed at a half inch and let the machine make the waste disappear. Throw the powerfeed in reverse and watch the cable magically disappear into a sealed drum that allows no wastewater to ever hit the floor, spritz the walls or anything.

Main drain,

Cleanout on a stack high up,

Cleanout in a floor

Better yet, floor drain, 3" where you got to hard torque it in knowing your taking the life out of your cable, ruining it slowly.

All 1 handed. I'm not making it up. I got 3 months experience doing this and if I managed to make a grand *numerous thousands* when I looked as bad as I did when I was injured....

Whoever exerts the least physical effort, wins.
    Whoever has the least cleanup wins.
    Whoever has the least trips to the truck, wins.
    Whoever touches the cable the least, wins.

4 parts and you have to tie your hand, whichever hand you like, I'm giving you that option. When I tore my rotator it was my left shoulder, and I'm a leftie.

So if you're ambidextrous like me, it's fair to let you chose what hand to disable, no?

This is going to be like an episode of PINKS where I give rick a half a tracks length lead,

I put the petal to the metal and I still win the race, going home with rick's car and some cash! Me and josh will sit on his couch, just as long as they weight down his side with weights like they do on those pulling tractors.

I couldn't live with myself if I shot josh through the wall when I sat down.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
      Never worked for Roto Rooter!!

excuse me?

Comment

dunbar, it sounds like this competition should be at a hospital just in case.

you sound like you make do with your state of physical condition.

i have a 300 spartan that sits in my outside shed not even good enough to make it in the shop.

i know for a fact that you can't carry that machine up a flight of stairs with only 1 hand. plus it only runs a 5/8'' cable. what are you going to do when you run out of line?

now if your talking sinks without taking off the trap or running through a sink strainer, i'll take out my k-39pf and let it rip. even pulled a whole rat or mouse on it's inaugural run a couple years back

remember not all drain cleaning is done sitting on a bucket. some is done on ladders, holes, roofs, basements and under buildings.

sorry to hear about your arm and injury, but as long as i am able bodied, i will use all i have to get it done.

just like today when i had to remove and install a 75 gallon heater in a closet on a shelf in a smitty pan with only an inch to spare on hardwood floors in a multi million dollar home. all by myself and still have time to dump it, buy another heater and snake out 2 different homes.

now don't tell me that 1 arm behind your back can keep up with an able bodied seasoned plumber.
        i doubt that they will root for me, but their money will be on me

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

What! No war of the cables???!!!

dunbar, it sounds like this competition should be at a hospital just in case. lol I'm better now, both hands

you sound like you make do with your state of physical condition. Got 4 stomachs to feed *me*

i have a 300 spartan that sits in my outside shed not even good enough to make it in the shop. Put it on ebay and watch how much you can get out of it. Better yet, drag it behind your vehicle and then put it on ebay and watch how much money it will bring.

i know for a fact that you can't carry that machine up a flight of stairs with only 1 hand. I had to when I was injured plus it only runs a 5/8'' cable.Did the job well, same attachments as yours what are you going to do when you run out of line? If i'm inside the house 50' is all I need. Outside is another ball game

now if your talking sinks without taking off the trap or running through a sink strainer, i'll take out my k-39pf and let it rip. even pulled a whole rat or mouse on it's inaugural run a couple years back

remember not all drain cleaning is done sitting on a bucket.True, 81 sitting on the counter at at kitchen sink, standing till it's open, using the water as a gauge/hyrdropressure to open the clog. some is done on ladders, done it holes done it, roofs twice because the idiot customer wouldn't let me acces the highwall stack, basements always and under buildings. crawl spaces with lengths of pipe.

sorry to hear about your arm and injury, but as long as i am able bodied, i will use all i have to get it done. Dat's cheating man!

just like today when i had to remove and install a 75 gallon heater in a closet on a shelf in a smitty pan with only an inch to spare on hardwood floors in a multi million dollar home. all by myself and still have time to dump it, buy another heater and snake out 2 different homes. I've done similar but I can't do them anymore. I'd be shot after that heater and maybe one drain call after a long rest and a bottle of pain pills.

now don't tell me that 1 arm behind your back can keep up with an able bodied seasoned plumber. No........but I'm talking about machine for machine
          i doubt that they will root for me, but their money will be on me < halo offers an unfair advantage, I got devil's food cake runnin in meh veins

rick.

But but but!!!!

Are you saying I'm no fun cuz I'm disabled and one-handed?

I can't pass the torch to somebody else when I'm injured so I managed the only way I knew how; stubbornness and ignoring the doctors suggestions.

I truly believe that my constant use of my shoulder brought back the use of it significantly faster. Otherwise the doc would of said 6 weeks in a sling and I can't have that.

I replaced water heaters one-handed (had to physically lift my left hand with my right so I could wrench dielectrics tight) and soldering was horrible. Replacing lav faucets was only possible by RIDGID tools, lemme tell ya. Basin wrench was the answer to that scenario.

Recurring monthly debt will make you the 6 million dollar man without the fan base and mansion, that's for darn sure.

And here I was going to polish my machine up for the fun!
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by atlanta pipe and drain View Post
            excuse me?
            What

Tyman asked if Roto Rooter charged me for something i forget, i said I NEVER WORKED FOR ROTO ROOTER
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

just like today when i had to remove and install a 75 gallon heater in a closet on a shelf in a smitty pan with only an inch to spare on hardwood floors in a multi million dollar home. all by myself and still have time to dump it, buy another heater and snake out 2 different homes.
              Easy to do if you have a motorized dolly that climbs stairs. Hold on, Rick don't you have one of these?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Easy to do if you have a motorized dolly that climbs stairs. Hold on, Rick don't you have one of these?

ben, i have that dolly, but didn't take it as it was only 4 stairs up to the house through the garage.

it's not getting it up the stairs that was ruff. it was getting the old heater out of the cabinet and the new heater into the cabinet and smitty pan. remember this cabinet was 18'' off the ground, with only an inch to spare.

in this case getting it up and getting it in, was the challenge

now ben, are you backing dunbar or me

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I don't play any favorites, I just instigate. I am starting to think ACS might be able to take you in the ridgid challenge. Greg's not to shabby either. You might have your hands full.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I know ACS can take em

The ridgid challenge will be who can hang with ACS and his trailer full of tricks
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I already busted Ricks chops. He already knows he doesnt have a chance to beat me. Your gonna need more then a trailer full of tricks to beat me

I have the one secret weapon that will be revealed.

My advice to anyone daring to compete agaisnt me....be afraid!

It only comes out of its golden case when the jobs is going to be in the thousands. Ill tie hands, feet whatever you guys want me to tie behind my back. This machine will work by itself, i just need to plug it in....And dont go looking for it, its my own invention, just be afraid MU HA HA HA HA

Just be forwarned. I will let my actions back up my talk.

Just dont forget to bring your cameras and sharpies, autographs will only be given after im wearing my belt

Ben, ill bring a picture of apart of it, so you can bask in my triumph
                      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I was gonna get on my hip waders after reading that post but I think a scuba driving suit would be a safer bet

Comment

you guys are all the under dogs

you have everything to win, i have everything to lose

last time i checked, i don't lose

bring it on. hope that trailer can climb stairs

maybe i'll bring my pipeburster and then i'll have the cleanest pipe of them all.

rick.

remember you can only win if you show up
                          phoebe it is

Comment

maybe i'll bring my pipeburster and then i'll have the cleanest pipe of them all.

rick.
                            In that case, you better bring your wife to show you how to use it and put it together
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

i'm not the one that needs help

i just need a strong back.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

hope that trailer can climb stairs

rick.
                                It`s not the trailer I use, It`s what`s inside the box that counts

you will be at my feet when it`s all over

Comment

Working...
                                X