X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lead Fit All Caps

OK drain men,who uses em? Pros and cons?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Lead Fit All Caps

I have two in my van and have never used them. Crazy thing is 1 1/2 hrs ago I took one out. I was going to try it on a 4" pvc c/o as I drilled the original to drain the main and didn't have anymore pvc left. I dont know if it would even work but I decided against it as I'm sure this main is going to clog again and I didn't want to drill that type of cap as it looks like it would be a PIA and with the amount of head at this place I'm not about to try to loosen the cap slowly. Other thought was expanding plug but same issue. Ended up plugging drill hole on original and leaving a trash can with instructions to keep an eye on it for tonight and in the A.M. I'll return with the proper cap.
    I think I tried to use one on galvanized once but if I remember correctly it didn't fit???
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

What are these?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It's a cap with a tapered bead of threaded lead. I assume since the lead is somewhat pliable it will conform to the existing thread??? Tap and dye sort of thing I guess??
        So far the only "fit All" that I have seen is they fit all the way in the back of the shelf in the van
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

just read about these elsewhere,never seen one myself. When you bust old brass or cast plug on a c. o. You HAMMER these in. A homeowner thought the drainers were hackers,not using a pipe wrench to screw a new plug in . A plumber said it must of been a lead fit all. good thing,He wasen't going to pay THOSE HACKERS!!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X