X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was a fun one(pics)

Customer had a mainline stoppage and called the city. His cleanout (pic 1)was covered in concrete so PW decides to chip it out. They managed to drop concrete in his mainline further compounding the issue (pic 2). He said he didn't try to snake his line out but there in his backyard?! The DIY special(pic 2).

After I asked him about the snake he mentioned he broke his washing machine drain line trying to snake his main from his WM line and wanted to see if I could fix it. "No problem" he says, "plenty of space in the crawlspace". This was the only access and this is not a joke (pic 5). I obviously didn't fit. Greg I know what you're thinking and I don't think Robert could've fit. My gut had nothing to do with it.

I finally broke through the stoppage at 140' with a 4 bladed cutter and ran it to 150'. Norfolk PW is coming tomorrow to replace his cleanout and driveway so I only had to get him through the night. After they replace his cleanout and remove the debris, I'm coming back to camera the line.

The 4th pic is what he had for an outside hose bibb.
    Attached Files
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: This was a fun one(pics)

I cant believe he couldnt clear the stopage with an PowerSpin what a mess.

Comment

We got a plumer at my work place..sells a lot of Big jobs..and some HVAC units...always describes attics as "huge" "Easy job 1 man job".... no matter who goes out to do the job we all end up calling him...we must be at the wrong hosue..the attic is 12" tall not 12 Foot tall....easy job would take a crew of 4 2 weeks just to get to the duct work....its a runnign joke anymore...the more times he says "easy" the more u need to do all u can to avoide going on that job

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Gopher View Post
        We got a plumer at my work place..sells a lot of Big jobs..and some HVAC units...always describes attics as "huge" "Easy job 1 man job".... no matter who goes out to do the job we all end up calling him...we must be at the wrong hosue..the attic is 12" tall not 12 Foot tall....easy job would take a crew of 4 2 weeks just to get to the duct work....its a runnign joke anymore...the more times he says "easy" the more u need to do all u can to avoide going on that job

If he calls them "easy" why doesn't he do them? I've known guys like that and I view them as weasels.

I worked with a heavy set guy and one of his pet peeves was when the customers would ask him if he could get into the crawl space. His face would turn red and everything.
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

My fav is crawing under trailers.

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
            My fav is crawing under trailers.
            I hate trailers
            Everyone that I go to work on they have no money to pay.
            Plus always a Handy hack nightmare.
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Most trailers are a nightmare. I don't think that even the mighty K-60 would have been able to fit in that crawl space.

Comment

C'mon, man. lather yerself up with some butter. You'll slip right in there!

Comment

Working...
                X