Making a Jetter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a Jetter

I have never had a jetter but would like to build one out of my 4000 psi 5 gal. per min pressure washer. I want to jet 2-4 inch lines up to 100ft. From reading here it sounds like I need 1/4 100ft line, a hose reel, an assortment of tips, a foot switch and maybe a standard on/off lever. Does my list look complete and where is the best place to buy all these items in one spot?
    Thanks! Bryce
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Making a Jetter

www.watercannon.com

they have all the goodies at a real good price.

you might want a pulsator valve, although a foot pedal will work just as good.

what horsepower machine do you have?

4000# @ 5gpm is a good size machine up to 6'' you need a nozzel equivalent of a #5 nozzle.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the linkI have 2 machines to use a 16hp twin 4000 psi belt driven 5 gal per minute machine with a big old cat pump. Or even a 12hp honda belt driven 3000 psi machine with 4 gallons per minute. I always like the belt drivens because the pumps don't wear out like the direct mounts do. But now I am concerned about my hose size maybe 3/8 is better? And I read where you wrote Rick that Custom made stainless lines where better? I would like to order the best stuff at first instead of ordering and ordering. Thanks!
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

the stainless hoses are spendy. i would start with a regular thermoplastic hose first. a 3/8'' hose is fine for 4'' but a lttle stiff on 2''. i would start with the 1/4'' hose first. also the nozzle selection is probably the most critical part for proper cleaning and propulsion. you need the proper size jetting to match the hose size, length and psi, gpm of the machine. remember a forward nozzle will take away from your pulling power. i typically don't use a forward nozzle, since i find the rear nozzles will push right up into a stoppage and clean the area better than a forward nozzle.

the nice thing about stainless is the od is small while the id is large. they are a teflon core with stainless cover.

i would experiment first with your machine, nozlze, and hose first. then spend the money on all the goodies.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Be sure hoses and connectors are rated at 4000 PSI or higher. Belt drive is very nice as the engine can be uninstalled easy when it needs to be serviced internally. You might want to think (for later on) of a 25 HP engine for the large pump and setting it up so the engine runs at 2800-3000 RPM rather all out at 3600 RPM. It will last much longer this way. This would be more for using it as a pressure washer for long runs at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X