No announcement yet.

charge more for roof, longer than 100'?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charge more for roof, longer than 100'?

Recently discovered this forum and find it quite helpful.

Curious what others are doing: do you charge extra to snake from roof? I used to, and am thinking about doing so again.

Also, in general terms, how much of a premium for snaking over 100'? (no premium, slight premium, quite a bit more)

Thanks!

Re: charge more for roof, longer than 100'?

depends on the situation. Jetting, snaking, smoke test, video. If its simple, easy flat roof, no...but if its a peak, hard access then yes
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I charge a flat rate for up to two hrs so If I end up on a roof (VERY RARE around here) and it takes longer then the two hrs (it still shouldn't) I add an hourly rate.
      Same for over 100' but thats a pretty common distance here and still done under two hrs usually.
      I have about 180' of snake. If I need more I go to the rental store $2 per 8' section and pass that cost on to the customer
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I charge T&M so both items will naturally make the job go longer resulting in a higher fee.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i too charge t and m

if the roof access is via a ladder, then i charge 25 extra for the roof top access. if it has steps, such as commercial, then it's same as ground.

of course with the k-60 i can knock off a roof top with up to 150' of cable typically in under an hour by myself

i have more cable, but not from the roof

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for info, Drain Medic, Gene, Ben and Rick. Gene: So you would charge the two hour flat rate for, say, a slow washing machine drain, or a slow lav--things like that?

Comment

For the smaller jobs I usually charge for a service call and a small fee for snaking. I have never hit the two hr mark on a small line if I did I think it would be time to call in a plumber to repipe.
              I did come very close once. Little old lady dumped bondo down the drain.
              She had a great sense of humor, a mouth like a pirate and insisted we have coffee. She was very accommodating and fun to work for. If she were the PIA type and pissy because it was taking so long etc..I would have charged her more.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

yes for me because I am FLAT RATE(only way to fly!)the price book has a difficulty level to add lvl1,lvl2,lvl3 roof =3.I also charge per drum.Never had a complaint about my prices and I make WAY more than hourly like I use to.Hourly promotes laziness in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by CAROLINA PLUMBER View Post
                  yes for me because I am FLAT RATE(only way to fly!)the price book has a difficulty level to add lvl1,lvl2,lvl3 roof =3.I also charge per drum.Never had a complaint about my prices and I make WAY more than hourly like I use to.Hourly promotes laziness in my opinion

Wow i couldnt have said that better myself, AMEN!!!

I have the same levels for my flat rate book. Levels 1, 2 and 3 difficulties.
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

Where did you guys get your book?
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I got mine from my another plumbing co. in my city.He took me to lunch and gave it to me and challenged me to use it.I was skeptical but I felt like I was running like hell on a treadmill gittin no where!I had tons of work but was always stressed out.I think the book rate FACTORS IN all the hidden costs we tend to forget about.Like>>insurance,phone bills,advertising,wear/tear truck,equipt maint,uniforms,these computers,software,invoices,pens,paper,electric bill,gas bill,maybe health insurance or>>>>>>>>LOTS OF STUFF that you forget about that costs $$$ to survive in business.I use callahan /roach book now it is more in depth and detailed but I am sure others are good also.If you don't use this system I challenge you to try it!

Comment

You dont have to challenge me lol...I use flat rate, and have been using it for the last 2yrs. I love it. I made my own, as i am strictly drain cleaning (for now), but it covers really billable hours and some other stuff.

Greg

Comment

I just charge flat rate I give the customer indication of price over the phone $180-$200 and we usually get there same day.(nightmare to run) but customers really appreciate same day service.

Comment

We'd give them a quote over the phone of 1-1 1/2 hour @ $85 per hour plus $25 cable fee plus $25 each 100'. So under 100' would be $105 to $147.50 over 100 would be $140 to $182.50. Mainlines were always done same day.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Hey Carolina plumber ,welcome to the site! I have a feeling You'll be bringing a lot to The table.
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                              X