Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rootx does it work?

Guys
    Rootx is now available in Australia I was wondering do you guys use it much after you clean a drain.
    Regards
    Greg

Re: Rootx does it work?

it does work if applied as directed and the product doesn't get flushed away prior to the 4-6 hour time period on non use.

there is a lot of post on this subject, just search for it.

rick.

what is the cost for 2# (1kg) or 4# (2kg)

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Rootx costs

Rick
      It is approx $75 australian dollars for 1.9kilograms which they say does approx 30metres?

Comment

I have just started using it and have a couple of test lines. By test lines I mean customers that have agreed to pay for the product and I will camera on a monthly bases (at no charge) to observe the results. I will be posting my findings as they come in.
        Come to think of it, I think I have one past a month now so I should be posting soon although after only 1 month I don't expect much for results.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          I have just started using it and have a couple of test lines. By test lines I mean customers that have agreed to pay for the product and I will camera on a monthly bases (at no charge) to observe the results. I will be posting my findings as they come in.
          Come to think of it, I think I have one past a month now so I should be posting soon although after only 1 month I don't expect much for results.
          I look forward to those results Gene as will alot of plumbers in Australia.
          As the only stuff that has been available is the vaporooter and that costs 10,000 for foamer and 1000 for liscence and $60-80 pr application.
          regards
          greg

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
            I look forward to those results Gene as will alot of plumbers in Australia.
            As the only stuff that has been available is the vaporooter and that costs 10,000 for foamer and 1000 for liscence and $60-80 pr application.
            regards
            greg
            when i looked into the vaporooter, it was only $1700. i was ready to buy it. then they told me i couldn't buy the chemical without a pest control license.
            what does pest control have to do with drain cleaning he said it was required in my state due to being a herbicide.

so basically a termite co. can buy the chemicals and apply it into a system that they don't have the foggiest idea what they are doing.

needless to say, i didn't buy the vaporooter

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              when i looked into the vaporooter, it was only $1700. i was ready to buy it. then they told me i couldn't buy the chemical without a pest control license.
              what does pest control have to do with drain cleaning he said it was required in my state due to being a herbicide.

so basically a termite co. can buy the chemicals and apply it into a system that they don't have the foggiest idea what they are doing.

needless to say, i didn't buy the vaporooter

rick.
              Rick
              I reckon the vaporooter might get superseded now that rootx is available is that the case in the USA?Or is vaporooter pretty big?

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
                Rick
                I reckon the vaporooter might get superseded now that rootx is available is that the case in the USA?Or is vaporooter pretty big?
                other than in a trade magazine, i don't know of 1 company that owns a vaporooter. yet just about everybody i know has bought and uses root-x. it's even available at our supply houses.

i think from what i've read and seen at the show were i was going to buy the vaporooter, it a better product in the way it foams and delivers the foam.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Aussie plumber Greg
                  On another subject I have read some of yours threads and see that you have a seesnake plus which I am about to buy and would like to know what you think of them, I am going get the LCD monitor and DVD rercorder and as an Aussie you would know the price is right up there around $16,000.00?

Regards
                  Tony

Comment

I have seen rootx work so well that it kills part of the the roots were part of, i also seen it kill some roots just to make way for a nother plants roots

Comment

well i love Root-X like Rick lovers the k-60.....the stuff DOES WORK!!!!..i ve been using it for the past 5 years and i dont have a complaint...i charge $250 to put it in and give them a one year warranty..if it backs up within a year due to roots the RootX people will send you another container for free...but imma tell you,if it does back up again its not gonna be because of the roots,but because of the damage due the pipe when the roots were there before or something else like a rag or papertowell or somethin...i camera it and show them that it wasnt because of the roots and then i charge them for running my machine through there....just make sure that they dont put anywater in the pipe for at least 3 hours after YOU put it in....dont let them put it in because they WILL NOT do in right......ANOTHER REASON I know that Root-X is the shyt is because i put it in one of my rental properties that i use to snake every 2-3 months due to MASSIVE ROOTS about 5 years ago and i put in a can of root-x about 2 years ago and it hasnt backed up yet!!!!!....so that DEFINATELY made a BELIEVER ouut me!!

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                        Aussie plumber Greg
                        On another subject I have read some of yours threads and see that you have a seesnake plus which I am about to buy and would like to know what you think of them, I am going get the LCD monitor and DVD rercorder and as an Aussie you would know the price is right up there around $16,000.00?

Regards
                        Tony
                        Tony
                        I am still running with video unit/monitor (old school) so I dont know much about DVD set up but suppose its the next step.Ask other guys on forum.
                        I learnt abit about the camera on the sea snake what not to.
                        If you need any info give me a call I am in Ballarat Vic 0408342300

Comment

Greg

You live in cold cold Ballarat I spent two years there in the early 1960`s at St Pat`s bording school the coldest days of my life I couldn`t get out of there fast enough and only been back once, this is the only plumbing forum I have found that the contributers know what they are bloody well talking about, but they don`t realize how lucky they are in the U.S. with regard to Ridgid`s pricing I would have two or three cameras if I could buy at the prices they do.

Regards
                          Tony

Comment

Hi everyone I am new here seems like a great site look forward to talking with you all.

I am a pipe inspector in CO and we would apply RootX to sewer and yes it does work! We would say we will see you next year and do it every year for around $40.00 a jar. Well now we no longer apply RootX as now I am licensed with the EPA and a certified supervisor to apply metam-sodium (Vaporooter)
                            Let me tell you Vaporooter works great we guarantee it for 2 years and charge $175.00 to do so for residences. I have also applied it to city main around 700,000' and still have never had a call back saying it did not work. We just say it needs to be applied every 2 year because it also prevents the tree roots growth We have scoped both RootX and Vaporooter and Vaporooter is far better.

Comment

Working...
                            X