X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum machine = 1500?

The company i work form supplys every one with a 1500 machine, but i not a big fan of having to always put the cables togather and having the cable coming out the tail piece. So i was woundering which drum machine would be able to do about the same work as the 1500. also smallest we could go the better, but more worryed about getting the job done

Re: Drum machine = 1500?

K-7500
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben's right. K7500 is on par.

Comment

K-7500 is the best. Right Rick
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          K-7500 is the best. Right Rick
          correct it's the comprable to the 1500 drum vrs. sectional.

but the best all around machine if you only had 1 to choose from is still the mighty k-60. hands down

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

yea but the k-60 is still a sectional machine, so if i was going to use a sectional machine why wouldnt i use the k 1500? is there some magical thing about the k-60 im missing, cus if there is let me know cus im pretty sure i could get work to get me one of them easyer than a drum machine.

oh and we all know the best snake is a k-6 :-p i have the boddy of that in my truck but no cable, hmmm i should get one, or maybe a brand new one

Comment

can a k-60 unstop k/sink drains too??...im really considering one. So can you use say 3/8 or 13/32 cable in it AND 5/8 cable also?...is it adjustable?...imma use it for ROOFTOPS only.....i need a machine like that since all of you say its easy on the back....can you carry 75 feet or cable in the reel holder...i dont wanna have to keep adding on cable and whatnot.

tony.
              Last edited by lonestardrain; 02-03-2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

there has to be at least 10 different threads on the k-60 by now. so i will repeat myself for the 100th. time

the 5/8'' sectional k-50 or k-60 cable (same) will not only do a better job than a 3/8'' or 13/32'' cable, but will also get through stoppages that the other cables will bounce off of and you have a selection of cutters to pick and choose from.

the 5/8'' cable comes in 7.5' sections and the 7/8'' comes in 15' sections. i carry 90' in a single cage that allows me to carry the k-60 machine and 90' at one time, 2 hands. the 5/8'' cable also has a smaller cage that i carry 75' in at a time.

the k-1500 is for larger drains, typically 4''-8''. yes you can get a 7/8'' jaw set for it, but then you have a very large and heavy machine that does the same as the k-60.

with the k-60 and 5/8'' and 7/8'' cables, i can do 1.5'' -6'' pipe with it including roots with the 7/8'' cables.

most lines i encounter are not larger than 6'' and when they are, i either jet them or use my 1.25'' cable on them.

read back on all the k-60 post for the rest of the applications.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X