Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats on your truck?

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    You mean the boss who may have had to borrow against his home to keep you busy during slow times?
    No that would be the owners dad like 30 years ago, the owner now wouldnt know the first thing about pumbing

Comment

Originally posted by craigofva View Post
      No that would be the owners dad like 30 years ago, the owner now wouldnt know the first thing about pumbing
      I would not be too certain of what the owner may have to do at times to keep things moving. Another factor you left out was the amount of money which has to be factored for employee theft of time. materials, tools, equipment and customers. As both a former employee and shop owner I can tell you from experience the money thing works both directions.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I would not be too certain of what the owner may have to do at times to keep things moving. Another factor you left out was the amount of money which has to be factored for employee theft of time. materials, tools, equipment and customers. As both a former employee and shop owner I can tell you from experience the money thing works both directions.

Mark

ok fair point, the owner could always just close up shop and i would be out of a job, so ur right we all should be thankful for what we have

Comment

I my personel opion is to get a service tool box truck (isuzu npr 200 ex fire service)with sliding doors its the only way to fit in my tools.
          That way there is plenty of room for other stuff as it comes along I even put in internal racking and have labelled all spots with dyno machine so it goes back in the same spot.

List of equipment.
          k1500& Cables 12 lengths
          Water jetter tank hoses
          Camera
          Locator
          Video
          Hand tools
          Drills
          Angle grinders
          Spare PVC pipe roof racks
          Ladders
          Extra hoses

Comment

Originally posted by craigofva View Post
            what made this drain so hard? and how long did it take you, and nice, i hope you own your own business so that some boss that sits in his office all day and looks at youtube dosnt get all ur money :-p
            well it went like this:

I get a call at 5:00am on Friday from a Medical Center or better yet a Dialysis Center that is only 3 Weeks Old. They had the plumbers out there that did the job and they couldn't get the line cleared. The plumbers said they call out Roto Rooter to video the line. Yep, you guessed it Roto Rooter was a NO SHOW. They then called me at 5:00am to do the job. I had the line open with-in the first hour draining off in to the city main. Broke out my seasnake and found concrete and a lot of mud and other things in the 4" main under the floor inside the new building. The 4" went in to a 6" main just out side the building and they used a 4X6 bushing and put 2 6" combos there for C/O`s. As you know you are not gonna get a cable past a 4" bushing in a 6" line...

So the next day I waited outside with the backhoe ready for the go-a-head and dug up the 6" combos and cut em out exposing the 4" under the concrete slab. Took my K-7500 and beat the concrete to small rocks then got my jetter out and back jetted in to the hole I dug at the 6" combos. Put all that back together as we were out of time so that ended the day till their next shut down. I went out there Sunday and videoed the rest of the lines and now we have 2 more 80` runs of 4" full of mud and concrete. We also found out that there is about 28` or the main 4" line that has back grade under the floor inside the building so this is gonna be a big nasty job before it`s over and done with.

My master plumber and I spent 8hr`s on a saturday doing this job and like I said it aint over just yet
            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 02-04-2008, 09:50 PM.
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
            X