Whats on your truck?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats on your truck?

I was woundering what machines you all carry daily on your truck? do you have one big one for mainlines, and one small one for sinks and bath tubs? or like a whole bunch of diffent ones?

Re: Whats on your truck?

I do many trades. To be honest ,it's messy TOOL SOUP ! Where's that #$@% pipe wrench
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Had a nice warm day 42* and emptied the van of EVERYTHING in order to clean and reorganize. All this stuff is just for drain cleaning and doesn't include all the stuff in my trailer for frozen lines and mini jetter. I just don't see how someone can do plumbing and drain cleaning out of the same truck. One or the other has to suffer.
      Attached Files
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

well good luck organizing all of that, yea my company has mostly box turcks, i dont see how people can just use vans, but i guess people learn to deal, yea if ur just doing drain cleaning u dont have to make room for all the steams and fittings like a full plumbing opperation

Comment

My Van snake wise carries 100ft 3/4 cable snake, 75ft 1/2" cable snake, K39-af for small lines, and a kinetic water ram for lines that just can't be snaked and they don't want the problem corrected. And of course a closet auger.
          Bryce
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            Had a nice warm day 42* and emptied the van of EVERYTHING in order to clean and reorganize. All this stuff is just for drain cleaning and doesn't include all the stuff in my trailer for frozen lines and mini jetter. I just don't see how someone can do plumbing and drain cleaning out of the same truck. One or the other has to suffer.

Holy cow Gene, you're truck puked!

I'm tormenting the idea of working on mine today, gotta do a inventory revamp between two buildings and it's gonna be ugly.

On Topic:

Spartan 300 with interchangeable 100 drum, 81 for the small drains. Blow-up canvas sacks and 2 closet augers.
            Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 02-02-2008, 12:33 PM.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

pretty simple.
              * K-75 with 180' 7/8 and a myraid of cutters & augers
              * Scout Locator
              * K-50 with 90' 5/8 with different cutters & augers
              * K-39 with 25' cable with bulb auger
              * plunger
              * 1/4 pound C-4 for the really tough jobs

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

- Mangled/corroded copper pipes & valves removed from jobs this week.
                - Large 2' section of 4" CI removed from a job two days ago
                - Empty duncan Donuts coffee cups, evenly dispersed all over
                - Tools, tons of tools, unsure of locations, but they're there..somewhere

Oh, and yes, a closet auger that I completely ripped my truck apart trying to find yesterday...to discover it was in the obvious place...behind my seat, where I always keep it.

Comment

As far as drain cleaning goes our trucks had Quadraplexes with 2-100' baskets of 3/4" and 1-75' basket of 1/2", K-60, K-50, K-39 (38) with a variety of cables from 5/16" through 7/8". The K-1500 and K-500 plus all of the 1 1/4" cable stayed in the shop with the jetters until needed.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

1. Big sled style machine
                    2. 2 drums of cable 120' each
                    3. Medium size drum machine with 3/8 cable for sinks- machine could be a lot smaller !
                    4. Camera
                    5. Locator
                    6. Toilet and urinal augures of course.

Plus most parts a service plumber needs.

It all fits in my van just fine.

It just takes a little crawling over, under and around to get those Delta seats that I need. Oh S... ware are the seats. Hey! there's the thermocouple I couldn't find yesturday. I'll make a mental note of that being on the floor right there.

it's all in how you keep it organized

Comment

I don't like crawling over stuff in my van so I only carry snakes when the job calls for it, otherwise they stay at the shop.

Does anyone have a way to stop the "not so fresh smell" when your hauling snakes? I haven't found a spray that works yet. I had the snakes in the van and went to a McDonald's drive thru and the girl taking the money almost vomited in her mouth. It could have be just me.
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Mainline Duracable 3/4" x 100'
                        Sparten 100 3/8" x 75
                        General Top Snake 1/4" x 35
                        general toilet auger, 6'

if I can't get it with all this, it can't be gotten.
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                          Plus most parts a service plumber needs.

It all fits in my van just fine.

It just takes a little crawling over, under and around to get those Delta seats that I need. Oh S... ware are the seats. Hey! there's the thermocouple I couldn't find yesturday. I'll make a mental note of that being on the floor right there.

it's all in how you keep it organized
                          Thats kinda what I was eluding to in my odd way, but busy weeks screw the whole "system" up.

Comment

I carry no machines on my truck daily. They're all at the shop. When someone gets a possible stoppage call, they take the 2 machines with them. (Ridgid K-39AF and K-380)
                            Last edited by Aaron91; 04-12-2008, 06:41 PM.
                            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Spartan 2001 (Main Lines)
                              Spartan 100 ( Kitchen sinks, floor drains etc.)
                              Spartan 81 (Lav sinks etc.)

Electric Eel Model C (sectional)

Ridgid K3800 (Backup to the Spartan 100)
                              Ridgid K60 ( For roofs, crawl spaces etc.)

200Ft of 5/8 Sectional cable for the eel

Water Cannon Gas powered water jetter (6GPM, 4000PSI)

Mini Seesnake (with case)
                              Compact Seesnake
                              Pelican case with DVD/VCR burner/recorder (for compact)

Tools (Channel locks, screwdrivers etc.)

Dewalt 18v cordless sawzall
                              Dewalt Grinder

Plunger Poles

Ridgid ShopVac

Stinger mini vac

Ferncos, Bowl waxs, closet bolts, repair plates, brass caps, test plugs, smoke bombs (for smoke testing), toilet water supply lines, face masks, rubber gloves, rain gear, rubber boots, rags, plungers, augers (Toilet and urinal), Trap buckets, coveralls (disposable) hard hat, safety vest, safety glasses, machine gloves, GPS, IPOD, maps, Ryobi 18v flashlite, and portable charger for battery, dremel, grapplers (6ft, 8ft, 10ft) and im sure other things im forgeting....

2007 Chevy Express Van, its plenty of room
                              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
                              X