Training ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training ???

Hello, my name is Wade Dooley. I own and operate Little Stinkers Septic Service in Bozeman, Montana. We are primarily a septic, grease trap and portable toilet service company; expanding into drain cleaning, camera work and jetting. I just spent about $25,000.00 with General Equipment on tools and $25,000.00 on a van looking to provide our customers with excellent service. I am in search of a traning seminar or course that I can send my staff to. Does anyone know of any course available? Or, would anybody outside of our competitive market area be willing to have by guy fly there and work with your firm for a week. Of course, I would pay all expenses and cover my guy's labor.

If your curious about the integrity of our firm, please go to Pumper. com and look at the October issue. That is us on the cover with story inside.

Thanks,

Wade

Re: Training ???

doesn't general have any training avaliable for the equipment you purchased?

the camera is pretty basic to use. the locator is more of the challenge.

i just showed another plumber the other day how to use his scout locator. for the 2 years he has had it, it never had batteries in it. all he did was camera lines and never locate them

basic locating took a couple of minutes to show him. advanced locating is a job by job learning experience.

i would be more concerned at properly assessing the plumbing. sure a non plumber can use the camera, but it takes years of plumbing knowledge to know what your looking at, right from wrong.

jetting is more of an art to stay clean and keep your customers property clean. there are tricks and the a learning curve. most comes from learning from your mistakes. most of use here don't jet indoor lines that are plugged unless you have an outside cleanout that is lower to allow for water run off. you really need to make sure yo don't flood out the customers home. probably a good idea to have a second guy to act as a lookout inside the home. once you know what you're doing, then you don't need the second guy.

hopefully you also own a good snake.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thank you , Rick

Comment

Nice Truck Stinker ... Welcome to the forum. Congratz on your new purchases. As far as training I would check with your general reps. They should be able to schedule training with you.

Josh

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Without a doubt, hands on training is the best training. Like Josh says, maybe contacting dealers will help.

The Pumper show will have classroom trainings on basics of cabling, water jetting, video inspection.

Let me know if i can be of any help

Greg
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Welcome stinky,
            I'd have you fly a guy up here but all I could show him this week is how to plow snow, drink coffee, smoke butts, and pray the phone rings. It's been a VERY slow week here.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

We plow snow here as well 21 plow trucks and 4-- l70 loaders lots of snow this year Thanks everone for the nice welcome. Wade

Comment

In the situation you are in with expanding the business I would hire someone with experience to head and train your guys. Maybe an X rooto rooter guy they are never happy at what they get paid. But it would give you a jump start into jetters and cameras. I myself like new rookies to mold into my way, but you are starting a new division in an existing business , just hire a guy for that division.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Thanks cuda like your name . Here is mine

Comment

Hi Wade, I'm not a plumber so can't answer your questions unfortunately. But had to offer a big hello as it is nice to finally have another member here from my area! There was another plumber on here from White Fish, but he seems to have dissappeared.

Good luck with your search, I'm sure many of the plumbers on here can be of help.
                    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                      Welcome to the forum. Without a doubt, hands on training is the best training. Like Josh says, maybe contacting dealers will help.

The Pumper show will have classroom trainings on basics of cabling, water jetting, video inspection.

Let me know if i can be of any help

Greg
                      Thanks

Comment

Can't really offer any advice other than has already been offered, just wanted to say...Nice car. Nice Truck too.

Greg

Comment

Send your people my way, I do take CA$H

I`d show you my toys but I dont think Ridgid has enough bandwitch to post em all
                          Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 02-08-2008, 01:56 AM.
                          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I have the same bad habbit I have alot of great cars

Comment

Working...
                            X