X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: thank you spartan 100

Rick, I would agree that a cutter would clean a pipe better if the cable went in straight and only the cutter was coming in contact with the pipe. In residential drains 2" and less, having a head makes no difference. The cable scourers the pipe. Having said that, I always use a drop head on the smaller snakes because of ease in getting through 90's and such.

Now if we are talking urinal drain lines, or restaurant, deli, drain lines I use a head. No job is ever the same and each requires discernment.

On 3" pipe or larger I use a head. Most of the time guys will under size the head anyway, for fear of getting hung up.

Good job on the retrieval W.C. and thanks for posting pics. It always makes it more interesting.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Rick, Thanks for the welcome.

I tell you what, I am attending the Pumper/Cleaner show at the end of the month, but when I return I will put both methods to the test. I will do so while recording it with my inspection camera. I will place a link to the video here on the forum. Maybe this will help us all to better understand the differances between blades and no blades.

Don't get me wrong. I do like to debate as well, but it needs to be done in a way that moves us forward in discussion so we have a chance to learn. I plan to be as active as possible here and look forward to learning from some of the experiances everyone has faced.

I am a fairly new business owner of a sewer and drain cleaning company in the second fastest growing county in the US. I am glad to have found this site as I am always looking for new processes and technology to improve the level of service I provide for my customers.

Cheers!!!

Jake S.
      www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum Jake.
        Lots of experience here with these guys.The most I've seen on any other plumbing forum.Nice people too.

Hang out for a while,they would love to give any answers you may have questions about regarding drain cleaning and the business.

Don't believe anything Drain Medic says

Comment

Jake, Welcome to the forum. Make sure you stop by the RIDGID booth and ask for Josh when you are at the pumper show. I am the 6'6" guy. Slim build.

Also.. I believe we all settled on thursday night for having dinner. There will be a handful of forum members there as well and we are planning to go out for dinner the first night. You are more than welcome to come along.

Josh

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
          Rick, Thanks for the welcome.

I tell you what, I am attending the Pumper/Cleaner show at the end of the month, but when I return I will put both methods to the test. I will do so while recording it with my inspection camera. I will place a link to the video here on the forum. Maybe this will help us all to better understand the differances between blades and no blades.

Don't get me wrong. I do like to debate as well, but it needs to be done in a way that moves us forward in discussion so we have a chance to learn. I plan to be as active as possible here and look forward to learning from some of the experiances everyone has faced.

I am a fairly new business owner of a sewer and drain cleaning company in the second fastest growing county in the US. I am glad to have found this site as I am always looking for new processes and technology to improve the level of service I provide for my customers.

Cheers!!!

Jake S.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            Jake, Welcome to the forum. Make sure you stop by the RIDGID booth and ask for Josh when you are at the pumper show. I am the 6'6" guy. Slim build.

Also.. I believe we all settled on thursday night for having dinner. There will be a handful of forum members there as well and we are planning to go out for dinner the first night. You are more than welcome to come along.

Josh

also make sure you tell them that you want the 50% off discount for all forum members

jake, looking forward to your participation and your video link. i think you will be surprised. also make sure to run some water to flush out the gunk so we get to see the real results.

now while your at the show, take advantage of the 50% discount and pick up a k-60 and plenty of cutters for your machine

josh, just put it on my employee charge card

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              also make sure you tell them that you want the 50% off discount for all forum members

jake, looking forward to your participation and your video link. i think you will be surprised. also make sure to run some water to flush out the gunk so we get to see the real results.

now while your at the show, take advantage of the 50% discount and pick up a k-60 and plenty of cutters for your machine

josh, just put it on my employee charge card

rick.
              Your just not happy unless there's

CHAOS

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Your just not happy unless there's

CHAOS
                get smart adam

no, just trying to fill the ridgid booth with guys looking for the deal on the
                k-60. at that price, i'll just have to fly out there myself to take advantage of the discount.

oh i also forgot the dinner on thurday night is another reason.

don't forget to bring josh some golf stuff (balls, tees) and he'll knock off the tax too

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Oh yeah.. the 50% of discount. Rick said he'll subsidize half the price of every k-60 someone buys at the show. What a great guy

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    Welcome to the forum Jake.
                    Lots of experience here with these guys.The most I've seen on any other plumbing forum.Nice people too.

Hang out for a while,they would love to give any answers you may have questions about regarding drain cleaning and the business.

Don't believe anything Drain Medic says

Do you need a phone call again!!!
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      tell you what, you do it your way and i'll do it the right way. a cable with no cutter head is just punching a hole in the stoppage. a cutter is displacing the built up debris.

sure a bent cable is easier to operate, since your not cleaning/ scraping and therefore have very little resistance.

why not try without a blade and camera the line to see the results. then run the blades and re camera the line. i know for a fact the line will be much cleaner.

sure you might have cleared the stoppage, but i clean the line. a big difference between the 2.

right or wrong?

comments.

rick.

by the way welcome to the forum. don't let me scare you, but i like the debates. it's how we all learn better ways and tricks

HMM, now we don't know how to clean drains properly. or correctly
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                        HMM, now we don't know how to clean drains properly. or correctly
                        You guys know how pissed I'd be if someone told me I did not know what I was doing.

Comment

Not much
                          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Hmmm flat rate vs hourly... orrr... cutter vs bent... or....

This is one of those things that very capable and skilled drain cleaners do differently. I am sure the cutter fans can tear it up with their cutters and the bent cable guys can clean the same.

Lets just make sure we are respecting each others proffered methods of doing their job. This is almost turning as dangerous as political discussion

Later,

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              Lets just make sure we are respecting each others proffered methods of doing their job. This is almost turning as dangerous as political discussion

Later,

Josh
                              Many, many times a mental image has come to me of you, gulping tylenol and trying to figure out how to keep the peace with us.
                              Tough crowd here...if I ever meet you, tylenols on me.
                              Maybe a drink even.

Comment

Did an easy one today but cheated and shot down a floor drain. Recessed cleanout cap was embedded in a new tile floor.

Put a spade on and 48' out I nabbed it.

It was for the bank manager of one of two banks I have money in, do their plumbing for. Don't know if this is a good thing or not.

I only charged $100 but it was fast, close and got some business advice non-related to plumbing. My large machine never gets less than 3 figures, ever.
                                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X