Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
thank you spartan 100 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: thank you spartan 100

    Rick, I would agree that a cutter would clean a pipe better if the cable went in straight and only the cutter was coming in contact with the pipe. In residential drains 2" and less, having a head makes no difference. The cable scourers the pipe. Having said that, I always use a drop head on the smaller snakes because of ease in getting through 90's and such.

    Now if we are talking urinal drain lines, or restaurant, deli, drain lines I use a head. No job is ever the same and each requires discernment.

    On 3" pipe or larger I use a head. Most of the time guys will under size the head anyway, for fear of getting hung up.

    Good job on the retrieval W.C. and thanks for posting pics. It always makes it more interesting.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: thank you spartan 100

      Rick, Thanks for the welcome.

      I tell you what, I am attending the Pumper/Cleaner show at the end of the month, but when I return I will put both methods to the test. I will do so while recording it with my inspection camera. I will place a link to the video here on the forum. Maybe this will help us all to better understand the differances between blades and no blades.

      Don't get me wrong. I do like to debate as well, but it needs to be done in a way that moves us forward in discussion so we have a chance to learn. I plan to be as active as possible here and look forward to learning from some of the experiances everyone has faced.

      I am a fairly new business owner of a sewer and drain cleaning company in the second fastest growing county in the US. I am glad to have found this site as I am always looking for new processes and technology to improve the level of service I provide for my customers.

      Cheers!!!

      Jake S.
      www.firstresponsedrain.com

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: thank you spartan 100

        Welcome to the forum Jake.
        Lots of experience here with these guys.The most I've seen on any other plumbing forum.Nice people too.

        Hang out for a while,they would love to give any answers you may have questions about regarding drain cleaning and the business.

        Don't believe anything Drain Medic says

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: thank you spartan 100

          Jake, Welcome to the forum. Make sure you stop by the RIDGID booth and ask for Josh when you are at the pumper show. I am the 6'6" guy. Slim build.

          Also.. I believe we all settled on thursday night for having dinner. There will be a handful of forum members there as well and we are planning to go out for dinner the first night. You are more than welcome to come along.

          Josh

          Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
          Rick, Thanks for the welcome.

          I tell you what, I am attending the Pumper/Cleaner show at the end of the month, but when I return I will put both methods to the test. I will do so while recording it with my inspection camera. I will place a link to the video here on the forum. Maybe this will help us all to better understand the differances between blades and no blades.

          Don't get me wrong. I do like to debate as well, but it needs to be done in a way that moves us forward in discussion so we have a chance to learn. I plan to be as active as possible here and look forward to learning from some of the experiances everyone has faced.

          I am a fairly new business owner of a sewer and drain cleaning company in the second fastest growing county in the US. I am glad to have found this site as I am always looking for new processes and technology to improve the level of service I provide for my customers.

          Cheers!!!

          Jake S.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: thank you spartan 100

            Originally posted by Josh View Post
            Jake, Welcome to the forum. Make sure you stop by the RIDGID booth and ask for Josh when you are at the pumper show. I am the 6'6" guy. Slim build.

            Also.. I believe we all settled on thursday night for having dinner. There will be a handful of forum members there as well and we are planning to go out for dinner the first night. You are more than welcome to come along.

            Josh

            also make sure you tell them that you want the 50% off discount for all forum members

            jake, looking forward to your participation and your video link. i think you will be surprised. also make sure to run some water to flush out the gunk so we get to see the real results.

            now while your at the show, take advantage of the 50% discount and pick up a k-60 and plenty of cutters for your machine

            josh, just put it on my employee charge card

            rick.
            phoebe it is

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: thank you spartan 100

              Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              also make sure you tell them that you want the 50% off discount for all forum members

              jake, looking forward to your participation and your video link. i think you will be surprised. also make sure to run some water to flush out the gunk so we get to see the real results.

              now while your at the show, take advantage of the 50% discount and pick up a k-60 and plenty of cutters for your machine

              josh, just put it on my employee charge card

              rick.
              Your just not happy unless there's

              CHAOS

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: thank you spartan 100

                Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Your just not happy unless there's

                CHAOS
                get smart adam




                no, just trying to fill the ridgid booth with guys looking for the deal on the
                k-60. at that price, i'll just have to fly out there myself to take advantage of the discount.

                oh i also forgot the dinner on thurday night is another reason.

                don't forget to bring josh some golf stuff (balls, tees) and he'll knock off the tax too

                rick.
                phoebe it is

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: thank you spartan 100

                  Oh yeah.. the 50% of discount. Rick said he'll subsidize half the price of every k-60 someone buys at the show. What a great guy

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: thank you spartan 100

                    Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    Welcome to the forum Jake.
                    Lots of experience here with these guys.The most I've seen on any other plumbing forum.Nice people too.

                    Hang out for a while,they would love to give any answers you may have questions about regarding drain cleaning and the business.

                    Don't believe anything Drain Medic says

                    Do you need a phone call again!!!
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

                    www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: thank you spartan 100

                      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      tell you what, you do it your way and i'll do it the right way. a cable with no cutter head is just punching a hole in the stoppage. a cutter is displacing the built up debris.

                      sure a bent cable is easier to operate, since your not cleaning/ scraping and therefore have very little resistance.

                      why not try without a blade and camera the line to see the results. then run the blades and re camera the line. i know for a fact the line will be much cleaner.

                      sure you might have cleared the stoppage, but i clean the line. a big difference between the 2.

                      right or wrong?

                      comments.

                      rick.

                      by the way welcome to the forum. don't let me scare you, but i like the debates. it's how we all learn better ways and tricks


                      HMM, now we don't know how to clean drains properly. or correctly
                      sigpic

                      Robert

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: thank you spartan 100

                        Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                        HMM, now we don't know how to clean drains properly. or correctly
                        You guys know how pissed I'd be if someone told me I did not know what I was doing.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: thank you spartan 100

                          Not much
                          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: thank you spartan 100

                            Hmmm flat rate vs hourly... orrr... cutter vs bent... or....

                            This is one of those things that very capable and skilled drain cleaners do differently. I am sure the cutter fans can tear it up with their cutters and the bent cable guys can clean the same.

                            Lets just make sure we are respecting each others proffered methods of doing their job. This is almost turning as dangerous as political discussion

                            Later,

                            Josh

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: thank you spartan 100

                              Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              Lets just make sure we are respecting each others proffered methods of doing their job. This is almost turning as dangerous as political discussion

                              Later,

                              Josh
                              Many, many times a mental image has come to me of you, gulping tylenol and trying to figure out how to keep the peace with us.
                              Tough crowd here...if I ever meet you, tylenols on me.
                              Maybe a drink even.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: thank you spartan 100

                                Did an easy one today but cheated and shot down a floor drain. Recessed cleanout cap was embedded in a new tile floor.

                                Put a spade on and 48' out I nabbed it.

                                It was for the bank manager of one of two banks I have money in, do their plumbing for. Don't know if this is a good thing or not.

                                I only charged $100 but it was fast, close and got some business advice non-related to plumbing. My large machine never gets less than 3 figures, ever.
                                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X