Drain Cleaning Professionalism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain Cleaning Professionalism

Do you use blades on your drain cleaning machines?
    Mainline Machine Only
    40.00%
    Top Snake 1/4" & 3/8" Only
    0.00%
    No Blades At All, Only On The Mainline
    0.00%
    I Bend My 1/4" & 3/8" Cables A Special Way, never had a problem.
    60.00%

The poll is expired.

sigpic

Robert

Re: Drain Cleaning Professionalism

Yes.....

with the exception of smaller drains. Slightly bent open hook.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Vote away fella'z, I will be open and truthfull, I use a blade on my 3/4" mainline only, my 3/8" and 1/4" have a hook, and on my 1/4", I have it bent a special way to pass traps easily.

I cannot remember one specific call beck on a drain I have cleared. I have actually recieved compliments on trips back for repeat customers, I ask how their drain is to follow up on the last service call, and they explain no problems. I had one the other day, he stated it never drained so good. So it is what it is and to each their own.
      Last edited by westcoastplumber; 02-10-2008, 04:52 PM.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Which option do I choose if I don't bend any cable's at all?
        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Spartan 2001, I use C cutters, or any cutter i need all the time on that machine

Spartan 100, Rarely do i use a cutter, but i do like using cutters on that machine to get thru floor drains

Spartan 81, I will not use a cutter at all.

On all of these machines i make a bent leader so that the cable will scrape the entire diameter of the pipe.

Sectionals i will use a bent leader with a head to go back on traps, and work with cleanouts. I will use a straight leader with a head going thru traps with a sectional
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
            Which option do I choose if I don't bend any cable's at all?

Hmmmm, crappy pole I guess, well it is my first one

ok then, you don't bend at all? you must use a blade then???

If you don't do either, then that could be a problem......
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

At the risk of sounding like an a** yet again, What's a top snake?
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                At the risk of sounding like an a** yet again, What's a top snake?

I use the general super vee, excellent top snake.

great for showers, tubs and lavs.
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

OH. o.k.
                  Now I'm really going to look like an A**.
                  My name is Gene B. and I own a power spin. There I said it. Admitting I have a power spin is the first step.
                  I like the Super Vee but its hard as hell on my hand,wrist, and forearm. Too many years of pipe laying and visiting mary palmer and her five sisters I guess. I can run a Super Vee about 5 mins max, then I can't feel my hand, after that it's just a short time before I can't even hold on to it.
                  Anyone make a machine thats like a power spin but built as good as a Super Vee?
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I use the bulb auger for my 5/16 cable with the end being bent, helps get through traps like this. For everything else, I run blades. Still waiting to see a pic of this special bend of the cable you talk about.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                      Yes.....

with the exception of smaller drains. Slightly bent open hook.
                      Same here

The drop heads always break on the smaller cables anyway, so the first thing I do cut them off and put on my custom kink. It's easier to get the hair off the end off a bent cable than to pick it out of a bulb head. I get really grossed out doing that

I use a flat blade not the 4 sided one on the mainline cable

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        Same here

The drop heads always break on the smaller cables anyway, so the first thing I do cut them off and put on my custom kink. It's easier to get the hair off the end off a bent cable than to pick it out of a bulb head. I get really grossed out doing that

I use a flat blade not the 4 sided one on the mainline cable

Crack, I think you forgot to vote number 1 or number 2 would fit your
                        answer
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                          Crack, I think you forgot to vote number 1 or number 2 would fit your
                          answer
                          No I voted #1 earlier, just didn't post anything until now. I didn't want to vote too soon and look like a fool when the results came in

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            No I voted #1 earlier, just didn't post anything until now. I didn't want to vote too soon and look like a fool when the results came in

LOL, I left it private so no one would feel obligated to vote one way or another, this way it's all a secret, so everyone can be real honest
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

I use blades or bulbs on all the snakes except the one that doesn't take it. It is a 1/4" cable. I don't own a power spin either
                              Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Working...
                              X