Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got my license......finally

well Josh,
    Rick dosen`t understand the old saying "work smarter not harder"

I don`t know of anyone that would go out on a roof of a 4 story building just to clean a sewer. A smart guy would pull a W/C or find a C/O or install a C/O on this kind of job.

Just like basements, If there's to many stairs or it`s two steep then we just install a C/O outside and make a few more $$$ for our time

BTW Rick
    I brought my K-7500 up 14 stairs the other day "by myself" with 125` of cable in it
    My old lady asked me why I didn't call for some help? I told her it was a Rick thing, she wouldn't understand .....rotflmao
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      josh, all clear and i can put a friendly wager on it. then it will be like i'm getting paid from ridgid when my ridgid k-60 schools his heavy drum. i'll be eating lunch all cleaned up, by the time he figures out how to haul his drum up to the roof of the 4 story building

we might be compeating, but it will be no competition

bring on all the drum boys, your dealing with a sectional man

greg, drain medic you swing both ways what's your snake of choice with the ridgid round up? "your either with me or against me" a winner or a

Yes its true, i am a switch hitter........................when it comes to drain machines.

Doesnt matter what i use there, Ill be bringing the gold home, you can count on that.

Roof, crawlspace, basement, 2nd floor, wont matter.

But we can win the tag team belts together, so you can sit next to me in the autograph booth

When i bust out Lucille, ITS OVER
      Last edited by Drain Medic; 02-11-2008, 08:51 PM.
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I figured it out

Why it took me so long, I have no idea.

Darrel Waltrip gets paid $5 a word as a commentator on FOX sports during the nascar season,

rick gets ridgid points for everytime he mentions k-60 or sectional machine in his response.

How could it not be? I asked for recipes how to make banana bread and sure enough, a k-60 was involved to beat the bananas to a fine mush before adding eggs and butter.

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Re: I figured it out

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
          How could it not be? I asked for recipes how to make banana bread and sure enough, a k-60 was involved to beat the bananas to a fine mush before adding eggs and butter.

I generally stay outta commenting on the Drains forum, but that was funny.

Comment

You guys know me by now and how I love talking about the k60 but this thread is Draintech1's moment. Let's start a new thread about the ridgid roundup and leave this one to Draintech.

You did a great job, and I'm sure you'll bring a lot to the table. Congrats on the journeyman's.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
              well Josh,
              Rick dosen`t understand the old saying "work smarter not harder"

I don`t know of anyone that would go out on a roof of a 4 story building just to clean a sewer. A smart guy would pull a W/C or find a C/O or install a C/O on this kind of job.

of course it's a flat roof. but you still need to get up the stairs to get it done. if you think 14 steps wore you out, try 4 flights of stairs.

remember not every drain is a c/o on the ground floor next to your truck. some are on roofs, inside buildings and in basements and crawl spaces.

Just like basements, If there's to many stairs or it`s two steep then we just install a C/O outside and make a few more $$$ for our time

BTW Rick
              I brought my K-7500 up 14 stairs the other day "by myself" with 125` of cable in it
              My old lady asked me why I didn't call for some help? I told her it was a Rick thing, she wouldn't understand .....rotflmao
              you were actually getting in shape as you know i will run you up and down the stairs with your 250# beast. my 40# machine and 40# of cable won't even make me breath hard, no less sweat.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

It was 4" PVC under the building going out to 4" cast on the outside to a lift.
                They had their tool boxes that came with each machine and said they tried every tool in each box.
                I used my 3" C cutter and got stuck. When I got it out, I then used my cut down retriever.

They were in-house workers

They told me that it cost em $1000.00 a minute in down time
                all clear, they were in house workers with new machines. i would hope that you have a leg up on a bunch of rookies

what was in the line and how far down were you?

i could tell in a matter of seconds with a sectional, exactly how far in i was. this is very important for future cleaning and maintainece.

i'm sure an experienced drain guy could have cleared it with 1 or both of the machines. i'm sure if you had a sectional to use, you would have cleared it too.

i am regularly clearing stoppages in 6'' lines with my k-60 and special cable

at $1000. a minute, they can keep you on call all year long.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Rick they asked me if I just wanted to use their machines as they were already out. I said "No, but thanks anyway"

I should have tried the K-60 as that was my chnce to do a demo being how Ridgid dosn`t want to set me up one

I wanted to show em how fast I could do the job and pack back up in the trailer. I was ready to roll before they got the 2nd machines cable unhooked

I know how far I am out with in a few feet. I know how long it takes to back all 125` back out in to the drum also I`m good like that you see
                  I`m just that good say it with me
                  This was an easy one 100` to the "T"
                  Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 02-11-2008, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    you were actually getting in shape as you know i will run you up and down the stairs with your 250# beast. my 40# machine and 40# of cable won't even make me breath hard, no less sweat.

rick.

I`ll have to stop for a smoke brake between floors

Comment

I`ll have to stop for a smoke brake between floors
                      you're right. as i smoke you up and down the stairs

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

The only thing your gonna be smoking is your K-60 trying to keep up with a DRUM MACHINE

Comment

Hey Draintech1, congratulations on your license. Did you go to trade school or grandfather in? Sorry for the thread drift. Rick has this thing for a K-60 and he loves flat rate pricing.

What is your favorite drain cleaning machine?
                          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Working...
                          X