X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my license......finally

Well guys, I did the deed and finally got my journeyman plumbing license on Saturday and I have to tell you, it kinda feels good to finally achieve something like that. No, it's actually a great feeling. More opportunities, more pay, more jobs, more knowledge, more experiences. It should be a good ride. I'm excited to start it. Thanks to all of you here that have already achieved the success and are passionate about knowing the trade inside and out. I've learned alot from the forum and hopefully can contribute somewhat in the future.

Re: Got my license......finally

Congrats.

Credentials are the stepping stones to success whether in personal or business life.

There will probably be some who will think this like me, but my journeyman's license meant more to me than the masters.

I don't know why, don't care why, but it seems that the journeyman's was a huge step into the work force that allowed me to do what only a fraction of plumbers worldwide can do and covet.

When I got my masters, it seems the only advantage is advertising and it seems to me that it can work against you at times. People hear "master" and they know there will be no discounted work, at all.

Other than that, gives me options in the business front and given my physical limitations, I might use that masters someday to get a crew of hedgehogs and turdherders and roo da warld of pwumbin in mi air ree ah!!!!
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

now reward yourself with a k-60. you deserve it

congratulations and enjoy the ride.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        now reward yourself with a k-60. you deserve it

congratulations and enjoy the ride.

rick.
        I know your getting paid by Ridgid!
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post

Ya im starting to wonder alittle myself
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

on the License.

For those of us who have learned to appreciate Ridgid's line of sectional machines don't need payment to sing their praise.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I call em sexual machines as it`s like getting sexual assaulted if you have to use one

I got a call out to a food plant yesterday and guess what they were trying to use ? Yep there sat a new K-60 and a K-1500 on a cart. They couldn`t clear the drain I broke out the K-7500 and poof the water goes down I pulled plastic bags and a metal strap off a floor drain basket out of the main line that the sexual machines couldn`t get or even move

Now they want to talk to me about cleaning every drain in the building once every 3 months
              The DRUM MACHINE sure makes a good impression on people
              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 02-11-2008, 10:53 AM.
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

i wish i was getting paid by ridgid. or at least getting it in trade

i think with the ridgid tools i've bought over the last 32 years, i've financed this forum

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                  I call em sexual machines as it`s like getting sexual assaulted if you have to use one

I got a call out to a food plant yesterday and guess what they were trying to use ? Yep there sat a new K-60 and a K-1500 on a cart. They couldn`t clear the drain I broke out the K-7500 and poof the water goes down I pulled plastic bags and a metal strap off a floor drain basket out of the main line that the sexual machines couldn`t get or even move

Now they want to talk to me about cleaning every drain in the building once every 3 months
                  The DRUM MACHINE sure makes a good impression on people
                  we all know that it's not the machine that failed in this case.

it was the operator. experience is golden.

a new k-60 and 1500 is priceless

what size line and how long was it? what cutter was used? do you know the other cleaning co? or was it done in house with their own people?

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I promise hes not

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                    I can tell that Rick and AllClear are gonna be competing with each other full time durring the ridgid roundup.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                      I promise hes not

I can tell that Rick and AllClear are gonna be competing with each other full time durring the ridgid roundup.

josh, all clear and i can put a friendly wager on it. then it will be like i'm getting paid from ridgid when my ridgid k-60 schools his heavy drum. i'll be eating lunch all cleaned up, by the time he figures out how to haul his drum up to the roof of the 4 story building

we might be compeating, but it will be no competition

bring on all the drum boys, your dealing with a sectional man

greg, drain medic you swing both ways what's your snake of choice with the ridgid round up? "your either with me or against me" a winner or a .

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        we all know that it's not the machine that failed in this case.

it was the operator. experience is golden.

a new k-60 and 1500 is priceless

what size line and how long was it? what cutter was used? do you know the other cleaning co? or was it done in house with their own people?

rick.
                        It was 4" PVC under the building going out to 4" cast on the outside to a lift.
                        They had their tool boxes that came with each machine and said they tried every tool in each box.
                        I used my 3" C cutter and got stuck. When I got it out, I then used my cut down retriever.

They were in-house workers

They told me that it cost em $1000.00 a minute in down time

Comment

Rick I would pull a W/C before I get on a roof of a 4 story building. I don't do roofs more then one story. I don't even have a ladder that tall

Now if it was a flat roof and had an elevator I`m all over it

Hey Rick Duck

Comment

This one will take some work to set up fair scenarios to go through.

Josh

Comment

I can't wait to see what you come up with Josh.
                              Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Working...
                              X