X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting Rates

I was wondering what others charge per hour for jetting both residential and commercial. I have talked to companies in my area at seminars and trade shows and found prices to vary widely. I just did a job where we jetted 17, 3" vent stacks (not the laterals), cleaned the entire main line to the sewer on the first floor and made a video of the vent pipes and main floor drain to the street. The bottom two floors were full of old cast iron particles. What would you have charged? I was told by one of the losing bidders that we were way to cheap.

Re: Jetting Rates

You tell first

you say "WE" , did it take more then one person?

How many hours for each task?
    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 02-12-2008, 04:43 PM.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

It took two of us two 12 hour days to perform all the jetting and another day to camera all of the lines and make the DVD. The building was five floors tall and we had to rope the hose up in order to clean each stack.

Comment

I would have charged $100.00 X 2 an hour, so that = 200.00 an hour

So if you had 3, 12 hour day`s, with 2 plumbers, then the total cost would have been $7200.00 + if you had to pay for the water that would be extra.

On a big job I dont charge for the machine unless they want me to brake down the billing, then I would have charged em another 50.00 an hour for machine time.

Comment

I live in Central Florida and our rates must be well higher than yours. The going rate for commercial jetter use (I'm talking big truck mounted or trailer mounted jetters)around here is $595 per hour with a two hour minimum. On a big job like the one in question, I reduced my rate a bit.

Comment

Yes your rates are higher then our are in the city. Now once I get out of the city the skis the limit. Our Local roto rooter is screwing us all over on our rates. He`s way to cheap and wants to play price games. He`ll do em even cheaper if he doesn't have to give em a receipt as then he can screw the big Roto Rooter Co over on their kick back money at the end of the year.

I charge 200.00 to show up with the jetter then 100.00 per plumber an hour after that. And like I said if they want a brake down on the billing I charge em another 50.00 an hour for the machine time.
            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 02-12-2008, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I got called to a McDonald's tonite. Backed up sink. I throw my General Mini-Rooter in the van and go. It was the triple basin open site drain backing up. Nothing else. I remembered from years ago, somebody mentioned the grease trap was in the parking lot. Pop the lid, almost full. Call the greasetrap guy, He sez he thinks it's a clog and needs to be jetted. He tells me there is another manhole past the greasetrap. I was parked right next to it! Pop that, nothing flowing. The greasetrap guy sez he'll come out and jet later this evening, $890.00 for the first four hours. He will also pump out the greasetrap, at the standard rate of .43 cents a gallon. I put the manager on the phone and have her sign my 2 hour O.T. T&M ticket. My job was over. BTW, this is in Joliet, Il. a suburb of Chicago.

Comment

I wish our sewer guy`s would wake the hell up....err we are missing the boat

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                  So if you had 3, 12 hour day`s, with 2 plumbers, then the total cost would have been $7200.00 + if you had to pay for the water that would be extra.
                  Very interesting on the water charge. When would the customer inccur a water fee.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I did a BIG jetting Job for a city and they were to damn lazy to bring me a hose to fill my tank off their fire hydrant so I told a guy I would pay him $50.00 every time I had to fill my tank off his house supply line. I then returned the bill with "mark up" being the city was to lazy to supply water for their own sewer.

BTW..... your dog looks pretty screwed up

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                      I did a BIG jetting Job for a city and they were to damn lazy to bring me a hose to fill my tank off their fire hydrant so I told a guy I would pay him $50.00 every time I had to fill my tank off his house supply line. I then returned the bill with "mark up" being the city was to lazy to supply water for their own sewer.

BTW..... your dog looks pretty screwed up

$50.00 for 150 gallons of water what did you fill it with? perier water

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

If your to lazy then you get billed for things you could have prevented

I was 90 miles from home and needed water so I did what I had to do to finish the job. The city didn't seem to have a problem paying for it. It would have cost allot more if I had to drive back to the shop 20 times just to fill my tank or have a well dug now wouldn`t it

Comment

Working...
                        X