X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Rick!

What do you think of the general i-95 with the 1/2 motor? I have been looking at the K-60 for doing vent work but the I-95 looks like it's clone do you have one of these in your arsenal? The I-95 with cable is about $350 cheaper so I keep looking at it. None on ebay just new ones.
    I keep being outbid on ebay for k-60's
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Hey Rick!

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
    What do you think of the general i-95 with the 1/2 motor? I have been looking at the K-60 for doing vent work but the I-95 looks like it's clone do you have one of these in your arsenal? The I-95 with cable is about $350 cheaper so I keep looking at it. None on ebay just new ones.
    I keep being outbid on ebay for k-60's
    i know, as i can't find one on ebay either.

i do own one and it's very good hate to say it but at $350 cheaper, go for it. you'll love it. make sure to get the inner core cable so you can do 6'' with it and 5/8'' so you can do 1.5'' too.

ben got a steal on one on craigs list. i think he likes it too.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I think you've got 'em mixed up. The i95 is only 1/3 hp, so it's more like the K-50. The Root 66 has a 1/2 hp motor. I priced the Root 66 similarly equipped to the K-60 and didn't see much difference. They quoted me about two k for a K60se and an extra 75' of 7/8 and a 5/8 cable package.

Edited to add: the Root 66 runs at 400 rpms. The K-60 runs at 600 rpms.
      Last edited by Herk; 02-15-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

They have a 1/3 hp maybe first model and a 1/2 hp unit also. Kit with 75' of large cable and 50' of small cable plus cutters $1375. For the 1/2hp unit.I-95
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
          I think you've got 'em mixed up. The i95 is only 1/3 hp, so it's more like the K-50. The Root 66 has a 1/2 hp motor. I priced the Root 66 similarly equipped to the K-60 and didn't see much difference. They quoted me about two k for a K60se and an extra 75' of 7/8 and a 5/8 cable package.

Edited to add: the Root 66 runs at 400 rpms. The K-60 runs at 600 rpms.
          thanks herk. i was in a hurry to post and i mistaked my root 66 which both i and ben own. here is the spec link.
          http://www.drainbrain.com/pro/prospecs/p14rt66.html

thanks for the heads up.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick are you saying it`s better then the K-60
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
              Rick are you saying it`s better then the K-60
              i don't know about better. but i wouldn't pass 1 up for the right price.

the innercore cable is also a bonus for 6''.

the handle is used to adjust the cable diameters and the rear guide hose is a better design.

like i said, i wouldn't pass 1 up.

i don't keep mine in the truck. but i might rotate it every month and give my k-60 a well deserved month off.
              then i will know if the k60 and route 66 are brothers from a different mother

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

well let us know the out come.
                I`m gonna buy one or the other and if the other is better then that`s the one I`ll buy
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                X