Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has a little electric Jetter?

Hey cuda,

Sorry you don't like your machine. I think I said in this thread, and know I have elsewhere, that I have no luck jetting small galvanized past one or two bends. To get even one bend in 1 1/2 gal I must put a string on my nozzle and pull it back to help it make the bend. The bends are too tight and the lip of the next pipe stops me. Try it in abs, pvc, copper, or cinh. Also 1/4" hose is unneccessary and problematic in lines up to 2". Try the 1/8".

Good luck.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

What kind of drain has 50' of 1 1/2 line? I only carry 35' of hose as that gets me from most any sink or floor drain to a 3" or 4".
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
        What kind of drain has 50' of 1 1/2 line? I only carry 35' of hose as that gets me from most any sink or floor drain to a 3" or 4".
        i commonly have to snake out or jet a kitchen that is well beyond 35'. typically the kitchen and laundry tie together and share the same 2'' line to the other side of the house. older homes are gal with durham fittings.

i use either my k-50/ w 5/8'' or my jetter with 1/4'' stainless hose w 1/8'' ips nozzle.

in all honesty, a kitchen sink stoppage without an outside clean out is harder/ messier than any main line stoppage.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          in all honesty, a kitchen sink stoppage without an outside clean out is harder/ messier than any main line stoppage.

rick.
          Rick, if I could chuck the rest and still have enough sinks to pay the bills, I'd be so happy. They are gravy for me, and the electric jetter is why. The main line I did today took two hours and left me in need of a change of clothes and a shower; only access from 18" crawl under trailer and someone had spread lime everywhere probably from the last backup. The kitchen sink stack took 1/2 hr total from the p-trap and I barely even got my hands dirty, let alone anything else.

Comment

Maybe I work in smaller buildings; I carry a 70' hose but rarely use it. 35' gets 47 out of 48 of them. Heck, most are within 20'.

Comment

Ace I was wrong on the hose size from the other day, I have 1/8 for the electric and tried it with my gas machine but the gpm tips where too small. I very rarely get a sink cleanout to go in and it's almost always galvy. I would love to do a sink line that was abs lol I am going to keep the electric in the van and force myself to use it. Can't think of the name right now but I ordered new tips from the guy you mentioned did yours. On mains I am like All Clear I sit on my bucket use my piece of abs pipe and let the machine just feeds it's way out (general maxi rooter). then it rolls on back to me, I love the auto feeder now!
              Last edited by Cuda; 03-01-2008, 02:32 AM.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

My mini electric is about 3 gal/min @ 1800psi, with 1/8" synflex.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Ranger View Post
                  My mini electric is about 3 gal/min @ 1800psi, with 1/8" synflex.

That is similar to the one I use, same maufacturer but one size up. I've not tried that one as the smaller one serves my purposes and I was worried that one would trip a 15A breaker... I think it's specs say it's 20A.

Comment

Working...
                  X