X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" CI ptrap: 5/16IC? 3/8IC? 5/8open wind

Wondering what you run down 2" cast iron with p trap? Couldn't get my 5/8 open wind on my new K60 down it. Curious what others do.

Also, considering getting a 39AF. Have been using 3800 with 5/16 sink drum plus 3/8 drum. I like the 3800 because I can wipe the gunk off when coming back out. But the 39 would be nice because wouldn't have all that cable exposed, slinging the black gunk, except that the black gunk would all end up in the drum. Perhaps some of you will comment on how easy it is to clean drum on 39, and how well you like the 39 in general.

Thanks!

Re: 2" CI ptrap: 5/16IC? 3/8IC? 5/8open wind

harben micro-mini jetter hose with a 1" dia nozzle. 3/8 inner core if i must cable.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

A 5/8" open wind will handle an 1 1/2" Durham trap so a 2" cast iron trap is a piece of cake for it.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Some CI traps have a very sharp U bend. In that case, it would be very nice to have a separate cleanout - such as the removable plug on a floor drain. It can be very difficult to get around it with anything.

Comment

Originally posted by buyfield View Post
          But the 39 would be nice because wouldn't have all that cable exposed, slinging the black gunk, except that the black gunk would all end up in the drum. Perhaps some of you will comment on how easy it is to clean drum on 39, and how well you like the 39 in general.

Thanks!
          first of all the 39 is good for what it's designed for. don't try to "push" it. i've bent too many cables trying to froce it into a line.

this is how i clean mine.

retract the cable into the macking and keep the nose up until you get to your vehicle or have a large pail tp put it in.

i undo the cover and remove the drum after having pushed the auger head back into the drum.

i put some detergent/gegreaser/sanitizer into the drum and wash it really well with a lot of water.

i turn it over to drain for a few minutes then spray the heck out of hte cable with WD-40.

i flip the drum over and allow the excess to drain into a pail. this may take some manipulation and time, but is is doable. i put the drum back into the machine.

a goal for this year is to get a secondary 3/8 cable and drum. a quick change and i'm ready to do back to back jobs without fear of spillage.

your mileage may vary

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

's not the cable, it's the head you need to play with.

believe it or not, i actually cleared a roof drain that once i cleared it with my 7/8'' and k-60, turned out to be a 2'' line with a p trap on it

this was a condensate line on a roof drain. had a hell of a time getting my cable/ couplings back out the trap. but i did make it over 30' into the trap.

try either the bulb auger or straight auger on 5/8'' cable and it will get through it.
            i too have cleared 1.5'' lines with the 5/8'' cable and asst. heads.

sometimes even running in reverse will allow it to go through.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I use a section of 5/8 cable[sectional] with the first 2-3 inches bent at an appx.45 o/o angle ,this is a gentle bend,not abrupt.This aione with the k-50 will pass through the trap.You might find it necessary to spin the cable in reverse untill you pass through the trap.
              Kenneth Collier
              Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
              Jackson, MS 39206
              (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
              drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
              X