Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trap chutes?

Gday guys,

Ive been searching the plumbing stores and internet for this 'trap chute' (well at least thats what we call it here in Australia)
    Its an extendable rod with a loose shoe horn looking thing on the end that will sit on the entry take-off of the property drain in a Boundary trap or Inspection shaft, its used to direct your sewer cutter up stream of the drain. My boss has one and said it came with his sewer rooter which no longer exists in aus.
    Do you guys know what it is and where I can get one? Must be somewhere because i dont know how else you would get in the property drain via the BT or I.S.
    Thanks guys

Steve

Re: Trap chutes?

Ridgid has one, item 59440, according to catalog. Listed as accessory with the 1500. Old catalogs used to have a picture. Ridgid calls it a trap spoon. At least I think it's the same thing you're referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by buyfield View Post
      Ridgid has one, item 59440, according to catalog. Listed as accessory with the 1500. Old catalogs used to have a picture. Ridgid calls it a trap spoon. At least I think it's the same thing you're referring to.
      correct. but that is for non directional fittings.

ben/ gearjunkie has his own trick on this.

i for one can get my cable backwards on a san tee on its back. and i can get my jetter backwards on a combi/ wye.

good luck and lets see what ben has to offer.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I have been using a length of 50mm pvc and feeding it through that .
        I supose 90mm stormy pipe would do the same?
        I have seen the spoon thing in the catalouge I have wondered if its that good.

Comment

Steve L

It is called an A-4 Trap Spoon but I have never been able to master it, I use a length of 50mm pipe with an electrical sweep bend to feed my sewer cable into the lead off to the sewer pipe.

Regards
          Tony

Comment

[quote=AFM;122457]Steve L

It is called an A-4 Trap Spoon but I have never been able to master it, I use a length of 50mm pipe with an electrical sweep bend to feed my sewer cable into the lead off to the sewer pipe.

does the tee have a sweep or directional flow in it?

anyway to post a picture or a link to the tee you're trying to get through.

50mm = 2'' for us.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
              Steve L

Regards
              Tony
              tony, the hose you use is 50mm. i also use either a 2'' (50mm) or a 1.5'' hose. but typically that is for my camera or large jetting hose to prevent scuffing. is the tee a directional fitting or is it the same sweep both directions. like a 2 way clean out.

can you post a photo or a link.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Rick
                Please don`t ask me to download a picture as I couldn`t do it if I wanted to without the most detailed instructions, I use a length of 50mm DWV pvc pipe with an electrical bend which has a 90 degree sweep in it because a 90 degree plumbing bend is to sharp and will not allow the cable to go through it, once the cable is a couple of meters up the lead off I normally pull the pvc pipe out and continue up the pipe, but the only problem is I cannot get the larger cutters up the sewer pipe from this end of the sewer.

Regards
                Tony

Comment

Working...
                X