Clear All

Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    correct. when the boys tear it up on atv's or raft down the river

(no deliverance remarks)

but a dinner or lunch with the gang is a different story

rick.
    Dammit Rick, you are a party pooper!
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
      Don't fool yourself. I just send you alone to get rid of you!
      The mrs gave me the tentative ok...I think I get it.

Comment

(no deliverance remarks)

but a dinner or lunch with the gang is a different story

rick.
        I was actually up at my place in Utah this last weekend. The snow was a little too high for ATVs and the river a little too low for rafts but we will have to plan a trip this summer to do both.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

(no deliverance remarks)

but a dinner or lunch with the gang is a different story And it is on me!!! Wow I already know what I wil have

rick.

I ll notify Greg you are treating us all with dinner.

Thanks buddy. You are a good friend

Comment

over 2600'. what was the longest run? that would be 26 runs at 100'

i did 26 separate clean outs (months ago) inside of individual garages with some so full of junk, you would have had to leave your drum outside. done in under 6 hours first time, sight unseen. k-60 power

next time i will have it figured out and easy access.

the homeowners were very impressed and noted the lack of a mess like the drum guys have left in prior cleanings

it's all in the prep and knowing what to expect.

rick.
            Rick
            This was a pizza plant with machines everywhere.C/O`s under machines, floor drains under machines that were only 4 to 8" off the ground, C/O`s 4` off the ground along walls. My longest runs was around 185` and it was a line that was full of butter.
            Talk about "NO MESS" do you think they would have let me fling crap on the food machines
            The K-7500 was spotless and never flung one drop. It was so clean it was safe to lick the cable if you wanted.
            My seasnake was as well as we had to use it to see the 2X4 I had to cut up that was blocking a line in the shipping side of the plant.
            I don't think the K-7500 has ever been this clean before, I hated to take it back out to the sewers today.
            Rick When you do this kind of work do you charge by the hr, feet, job or time it takes you?

I figured it took me 1/2 hr per run to clean the line and move to the next line. ((Except the 2X4 took 2.5 hr`s as it was a Oak pallet 2X4 that broke off a pallet.)) My helper broke a new 100` 3/4 IC cable....errrrrrrrrrrrrr
            (Note to Self) Never leave your new helper even if you think he`s got it.....
            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 02-25-2008, 06:54 PM.
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I am pretty much ready to buy a K60...and now allclear sewer keeps raving about the Bigboy K7500 drum-monster. Hmmm, got me thinking.

K60 positives: small, light-weight, less cable problems, versatile for many applications.
              K60 negatives: slower to setup and assemble, can be messier.

K7500 positves: quick, clean, does all the work for you!
              K7500 negatives: HEAVY AS HELL!!!!

The fact that the 7500 is so heavy is huge negative in my book. Many homes around here are older and don't have easy access to cleanouts.

I still like the K60 for these reasons.
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

you can buy 25` cables for the K-7500 and kick the crap out of a K-60 in a basement job. OOOOOOpppssssss did I let the cat out of da bag

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                  you can buy 25` cables for the K-7500 and kick the crap out of a K-60 in a basement job. OOOOOOpppssssss did I let the cat out of da bag
                  To be fair, the main thing holding me back from the K60 is the fact that they are messier. I know guys use tricks like the guide hose, canvas dropclothes and such, but the 7500 just rolls in, works and rolls out....no mess!

Comment

yep but the K-60 still has it`s place. I think??? I just havent need it that bad yet I like the speed and the no mess and the power I get from the K-7500.
                    We just broke a NEW 3/4 I/C cable yesterday. I dont know how much power that takes but I`m sure the K-60 aint got it

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                      I am pretty much ready to buy a K60...and now allclear sewer keeps raving about the Bigboy K7500 drum-monster. Hmmm, got me thinking.

K60 positives: small, light-weight, less cable problems, versatile for many applications.
                      K60 negatives: slower to setup and assemble, can be messier.

K7500 positves: quick, clean, does all the work for you!
                      K7500 negatives: HEAVY AS HELL!!!!

The fact that the 7500 is so heavy is huge negative in my book. Many homes around here are older and don't have easy access to cleanouts.

I still like the K60 for these reasons.
                      You will not understand the advantages of the K-60 until you really use it. Keep in mind there are members on this site who own the larger Ridgid drum machines yet use their K-60s. I believe you need both but I almost always grabbed my sectional before my drum machine.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        You will not understand the advantages of the K-60 until you really use it. Keep in mind there are members on this site who own the larger Ridgid drum machines yet use their K-60s. I believe you need both but I almost always grabbed my sectional before my drum machine.

Mark
                        I have used it many, many times. It was a few years ago though. I liked it a lot, just thought they were messier and slower. However, I had been using a big, ridgid drum machine at my last job and hated it. To easy to break cables, too heavy going up-stairs.
                        I am really, really close to buying a K60, just want to make sure thats what i need right now.

Comment

What lines do you do the most???

Comment

What lines do you do the most???
                            I need a versatile machine for 4" sewer laterals. Something that will cut roots, but thats versatile. I often have to pull toilets or go in basements or even on roof vents (rarely). A lot of people around here have old houses with no outside cleanouts.

Btw this forum ROCKS!! You guys are helping me with very important business decisions that 99.99% of people have no clue about.
                            Last edited by Service Guy; 02-25-2008, 07:54 PM.

Comment

If you dont have out-side C/O then by all means go with a K-60. It will take longer as the mess and putting cables together but you will still be able to get the job done with out trying to figure out how you can clear it with a Terminator Machine

The Key to making money is to sell em C/O`s

Hook up with a master plumber and life will be good
                              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 02-25-2008, 08:01 PM.

Comment

If you dont have out-side C/O then by all means go with a K-60. It will take longer as the mess and putting cables together but you will still be able to get the job done with out trying to figure out how you can clear it with a Terminator Machine
                                Thanks Terminator. If I were a super sewer-rat like you, I would buy both. But for a littel old repair plumber like me (who only get stoppage calls here and there)....the K60 fits. I am a master plumber. The key to selling C/Os is a see-snake and locator....much easier too estimate. Gosh, this business is EXPENSIVE!

Comment

Working...
                                X