Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Ridgid Roundup Strategies? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

    I was just wondering if anyone has any and what would they be? I believe the West Coast Titans will be staying at the La Quinta by the Cleveland Airport. We've been training hard so you guys better be ready.

    Mark

    Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

  • #2
    Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

    mark, don't forget about the mandatory team meeting this sunday. also we will be working with adam and robert to give them the k-60 advantage.

    afterwords we'll go for shakes

    rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

      Ok.. theoretically.. if we were to have these contest what could we set up to have a fair (and safe) guantlet. How would some 4" schedule 40 pvc with holes drilled in it with dowl rods and burlap bag fragments hanging work? Its something we could set up pretty easily and I think it would be pretty safe.

      We could also have breakdown and cable handling contest like putting together lengths of section or switching out a drum. Ben told me there was some thread from a while back where he asked everyone about a training setup that worked well for him with burlap bags.

      ya know the drum guys are gonna have to agree on the setups as well.

      Remember this is all officially just theory. Nothing has been announced officially about the roundup. If nothing happens here I vote we all fly out to Utah and have the clash of the Titans Mark's property. Or we could all go visit Yasuda

      Focus on safety here guys. We dont want anyone hurting themselves.

      Josh

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        mark, don't forget about the mandatory team meeting this sunday. also we will be working with adam and robert to give them the k-60 advantage.

        afterwords we'll go for shakes

        rick.
        See theres the problem, it takes a team to run one of them machines.
        If you had a good drum machine you can work alone
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

          Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          See theres the problem, it takes a team to run one of them machines.
          If you had a good drum machine you can work alone
          remember, the only drain cleaning equipment adam owns is a plunger

          i'm giving him a crash course. what are you afraid of adam too

          robert is also a drum guy, so not quite sure if he is your spy.

          why not come out yourself and we'll give you that demo you've been waiting for.

          rick.
          phoebe it is

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

            robert is also a drum guy, so not quite sure if he is your spy.

            I aint saying
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

              Originally posted by Josh View Post
              Ok.. theoretically.. if we were to have these contest what could we set up to have a fair (and safe) guantlet. How would some 4" schedule 40 pvc with holes drilled in it with dowl rods and burlap bag fragments hanging work? Its something we could set up pretty easily and I think it would be pretty safe.

              We could also have breakdown and cable handling contest like putting together lengths of section or switching out a drum. Ben told me there was some thread from a while back where he asked everyone about a training setup that worked well for him with burlap bags.

              ya know the drum guys are gonna have to agree on the setups as well.

              Remember this is all officially just theory. Nothing has been announced officially about the roundup. If nothing happens here I vote we all fly out to Utah and have the clash of the Titans Mark's property. Or we could all go visit Yasuda

              Focus on safety here guys. We dont want anyone hurting themselves.

              Josh
              josh, the mock setup is not a real life scenario. i'm sure ridgid has a factory that needs some drains cleaned. why not make it true to life.

              1.5''- 6''. without an elevator to the roof. just stairs. inside and outside, clean outs and traps. we won't even charge you for the service

              and remember, the challenge was drum vrs. sectional.

              1 machine only. you can swap cables or drums, but 1 machine only.

              the mock set up might be fun to see what cleans the line while we all watch. but the moving of the equipment up and down the stairs is the real challenge.

              i want to see blood, sweat and tears

              from the

              rick.

              remember this has been my challenge since the get go. the k-60, the most universal machine. if all i had was 1 machine, it would be the k-60.

              now lets hear what the drum guys think what machine is your 1 machine you will use?
              phoebe it is

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

                Oh now Rick wants to set the rules.....rotflmao


                Hey Rick a real life scenario takes more then one machine and if there is an elevator you can bet I`m gonna use it remember REAL LIFE and I`m GAME

                Hey Josh I like Ricks Idea here on we will run the building sewers.

                Rick seem`s to have a hard on for stairs for some reason. Maybe it`s my 300lb machine he`s sceard of

                you know my #1 machine is the K-7500 but it`s a real ***** on tub drains
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

                  Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                  Oh now Rick wants to set the rules.....rotflmao


                  Hey Rick a real life scenario takes more then one machine and if there is an elevator you can bet I`m gonna use it remember REAL LIFE and I`m GAME

                  Hey Josh I like Ricks Idea here on we will run the building sewers.

                  Rick seem`s to have a hard on for stairs for some reason. Maybe it`s my 300lb machine he`s sceard of

                  you know my #1 machine is the K-7500 but it`s a real ***** on tub drains
                  all clear, remember who coined the phrase "ridgid roundup"

                  remember whose idea this was?

                  next time you come up with the event, you make the rules.

                  these have been what i've stated for months now. all you have to do is a search for ridgid roundup and all the other post i've mentioned this on.

                  i sure hope you could beat me at a ground level clean out with your drum. but remember in real life not all drains are ground level and easy access.

                  look at that contraption you have for the roofs. see what i'm saying

                  1 machine all the cables you need. 1.5''-6''. i know my k60 with 5/8'' sectional will work a 1.5'' line with trap.

                  will your k7500 with 5/8'' cable do a 1.5'' line with a trap.

                  go read the old post and stop your complaining.

                  what are you scared of? a 45# machine

                  even crappy has one now

                  you even have a jetter now. last year you called them junk

                  wanna put pink slips on the k-60 vrs. k7500

                  don't worry, it will be a new one at the plant you will gamble away. not old faithful
                  phoebe it is

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

                    yes I think I could do 1 1/2 with my K-7500
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

                      As I recall the deal was using only one machine. However, to make this interesting we could have a point system by drain type, machine type and you lose points for each machine over your first machine you pull off the truck.

                      Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

                        Originally posted by Josh View Post
                        How would some 4" schedule 40 pvc with holes drilled in it with dowl rods and burlap bag fragments hanging work? Its something we could set up pretty easily and I think it would be pretty safe.


                        Josh


                        Ahhh....! So you've watched your competition setup before



                        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        josh, the mock setup is not a real life scenario.

                        WRONG!

                        Comon now, we're not talking about machines that have to slowly keep nudging through root balls hoping for them to curl into the spirals; ever estimated how much time you invest cleaning cables that wide looped?

                        I remember, it sucked!

                        Tighter spiral<> less cleaning

                        Josh's idea is perfect, puts his drum machines to task as well and I'm sure they perform just as well as the spartans.

                        I don't think I'd want to be in the room, let alone the city limits if you wound up a K-60 to that tight of a torque; someone is definitely going to get hurt.

                        Is this what you were concerned about?

                        You do know if I ever make it to one of these, I'm putting one arm behind my back, that's a promise. No reason to go on a roof because there's no reason you can't hit a clog on the ground level. Should I reference the post from "plumber" for clarity?

                        Josh is on the right path, he knows that's a true testament of drain cleaning and what hard obstructions are about. TORQUE delivered to the end of your cable.

                        I'll supply all the pipe/dowel rods (large ones like 1") and see who's cable flies out of the drain fastest when it torques down to

                        chew

                        chew

                        chew

                        Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        As I recall the deal was using only one machine. However, to make this interesting we could have a point system by drain type, machine type and you lose points for each machine over your first machine you pull off the truck.

                        Mark

                        And,

                        how many times you go to the truck
                        how much mess you create in your work area
                        how much time from truck arrival to tailights leaving


                        First one to eat a twinkie with the machine unmanned, wins!
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

                          Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                          yes I think I could do 1 1/2 with my K-7500
                          1.5'' traps.you're a bigger man than me

                          last time i checked all fixtures had traps. unless you want to crawl under the complex to remove a trap on a tub, shower, bidet

                          i'll let you remove them on sinks, but that is slower than going through the trap with a 5/8'' cable and cutter.

                          rick.
                          phoebe it is

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

                            Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                            And,

                            how many times you go to the truck
                            how much mess you create in your work area
                            how much time from truck arrival to tailights leaving


                            First one to eat a twinkie with the machine unmanned, wins!
                            It sounds good to me. As far as injuries the only injuries I've had while drain cleaning have been with a drum machine.

                            Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Ridgid Roundup Strategies?

                              Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                              Ahhh....! So you've watched your competition setup before






                              WRONG!

                              Comon now, we're not talking about machines that have to slowly keep nudging through root balls hoping for them to curl into the spirals; ever estimated how much time you invest cleaning cables that wide looped?

                              I remember, it sucked!

                              Tighter spiral<> less cleaning

                              Josh's idea is perfect, puts his drum machines to task as well and I'm sure they perform just as well as the spartans.

                              I don't think I'd want to be in the room, let alone the city limits if you wound up a K-60 to that tight of a torque; someone is definitely going to get hurt.

                              Is this what you were concerned about?

                              You do know if I ever make it to one of these, I'm putting one arm behind my back, that's a promise. No reason to go on a roof because there's no reason you can't hit a clog on the ground level. Should I reference the post from "plumber" for clarity?

                              Josh is on the right path, he knows that's a true testament of drain cleaning and what hard obstructions are about. TORQUE delivered to the end of your cable.

                              I'll supply all the pipe/dowel rods (large ones like 1") and see who's cable flies out of the drain fastest when it torques down to

                              chew

                              chew

                              chew




                              And,

                              how many times you go to the truck
                              how much mess you create in your work area
                              how much time from truck arrival to tailights leaving


                              First one to eat a twinkie with the machine unmanned, wins!

                              I can say after using the Ridgid K 60 for only a couple of days that it is just as easy if not easier to clean the cable. Hose it off in the carrying case and your done. Plus very easy to oil , just lightly spray cable after cleaning presto like a magician.
                              THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X