Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drain Equipment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    Rick I take my K-7500 inside small bathrooms all the time.
    You do realize that me and Rick are 2 different people? I mentioned the limited access in the bathroom. When you almost have to turn sideways, there's no way a 7500 will get in there. Trust me on this.
    Last edited by gear junkie; 02-25-2008, 09:44 PM.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

If you want a main line machine you cant beat the K-7500 hands down!!!! Even Rick will tell ya that. Now the K-60 can do ....hummmmm some small stuff but I cant think of what I the "Drum King" would really need one for
      I`ve wanted to demo one but cant seem to get my hand on one. I`ll most likely buy one but it will be like all my other small machines and set on the side lines because my K-7500 does just about every thing I need except the 1 1/2 and 2" stuff. Thats where My top Snake and My K-380 come in to play
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        You do realize that me and Rick are 2 different people? I mentioned the limited access. When you almost have to turn sideways, there's no way a 7500 will get in there. Trust me on this.
        Fixed

If theres room for a W/C theres room for a K-7500

BTW.... theres always the pipe deal to reach out and get to any drain Trust me
        Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 02-25-2008, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Fixed

If theres room for a W/C theres room for a K-7500

BTW.... theres always the pipe deal to reach out and get to any drain Trust me
          But the wc doesn't have roll through the door. It's not a knock on you or the 7500 but it'll be difficult getting through some of these blocked doors.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

For some reason I have never had a bathroom I couldnt get to the closet bend. Yes, I have piped to it before but never had any real problem clearing a sewer. I always say if they have a W/C in there we can get to the closet bend one way or the other and clear the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              What about the K-1500, I have never used that one before. It seems superior to the K60?
              It is the strongest sectional and is on par with a 7500.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I think I have the easiest drum machine to get in and out of basements and once it's there it works good, although the auto feed seems a little slow. For a drum machine it is the only one I would use unless some others come apart as fast and easy as mine. thats the most important to me. The only thing I have to show for proving how strong I WAS is a bad back. I never made more money, impressed anyone except myself or had a girl date me because of my moderate feets of strengh. lets face it if any of us gets a decent machine to a cleanout we will probebly get the water flowing and if we try hard enough we will most likely get the line cleaned good enough.

If I can do the job with a small light machine and I can have the cable in light sections and it will clear a drain of roots. I'm game to try it. unfortunatly I just bought my set up before I started reading this forum. Otherwise I'm sure I would have a sectional. For me almost all my jobs are in basements that are dirty enough I would worry more about my cables getting dirty on the cement floor then getting the basement dirty from spinning cables.

I guess the only way to end this aurgument is to have Rigid send me a machine. even if it's free I won't let that sway my judgement in there favor.

Comment

what kind of machine do you run?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I forgot to say with the machine I'm using I've always got the machine up to the closet flange and I've never had to take the toilet door off.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      what kind of machine do you run?
                      Mytana M81 sled style. A lot like what Robert uses

Comment

BTW I dont get "KickBacks on the K-7500 like you do Rick on the K-60 .....rotflmao

i wish i did get a kick back, i wouldn't have to spend my money and explain it to joey.

josh was at the last trade show and watched me plop down the money for the last k-60 with extra cables.

a k7500 is 50% more expensive than the k-60.

i think part of the reason i praise and brag about the k-60 is. i'm the only one out here that has one. when i go to a very large drain cleaning supply house, they don't carry anything for it. out west everything is drums.
                        my buddy doesn't have 1 sectional for 20 guys. yet i've done jobs for him that they couldn't get with their drums. both inside and roof top.

tomorrow, i have a job for a different plumber and he can't get it with his spartan 1065. i will be loading my jetter and 1500.

a great feature is the ability to know exactly your footage out to match your camera marks. i use this to home in on the problem roots.

now all clear, don't go out and buy a k-60 because i/we told you too.

wait till the ridgid roundup and let the k-60 speak for itself

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                          Mytana M81 sled style. A lot like what Robert uses

I get their catalogs because I bought attachments from them. They make a powerfeed that will go down to 1/4" that I was thinking of modifying my 81.

Going to make that a heavy ordeal but I was thinking a spring loaded detachable setup for a two wheeler that will let me operate the unit without having to set it on a counter, raise at any level and angle up or down to do laundry tub drains without using the top of a washing machine or board across the laundry tub.

I have a heavy double rug I put on the washing machine that makes good on protecting it. If it's a new machine, no way.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I know Rick I just like to give you

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              I've read the majority of the posts on drum vs. sectional, K50, K60 etc. My question is what drain cleaning equipment would you recommend if you RARELY encounter roots. Majority of stoppages I come across involve user error (paper products), no maintenance (grease etc), and old 1.5" to 2" galvanized closing up. So, what's the best bang for the buck to conquer these in you guys opinion?

For the grease, a jetter will be an improvement over any snake. I tend to jet almost everything. The snake just won't cut ice. 4 of 5 jobs today were ice, one was grease. If I didn't have a jetter I'd have failed on 4 and done a less thorough job on the 5th.

For the paper products, a cable will be fine. For 1.5 and 2" galvanized, I think you will need a cable. In small galvy I cannot jet past one or 2 bends.

Drum vs sectional is probably mostly personal preference. I bet anyone here will admit (if pushed a little) that a quality job can be done with either.

Your biggest consideration will be choosing a size of cable. Pipe size, type, length of run, access and number of bends, and what you are usually fighting will tell you cable size. Can you do all your jobs with one size cable? If not (and I doubt it) you will either want multiple machines or a machine you can change cables on quickly. Despite my prference for jetting I find I carrry 3 cable machines, one with 2 sizes cable, to cover my needs.

I've given up on 'bang for the buck'. I want 'bang' for space in my van, space on the site, weight, cleanliness, versatility and reliability (insert K60 add here Rick). Price just doesn't even matter if it works for me.
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I know Rick I just like to give you
                                all clear, it's funny you posted this.

about 7 years ago i changed 6 toilets for the production offices of "south park".

they actually had "mr hanky the christmas poo" sitting on a tank lid. when i lifted the lid to remove the toilet, mr hanky fell in

i never watched the show, but my friends kids filled me in on mr hanky

so truthfully, most of my customers give me poo

why would i expect anything different.

rick
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X