Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drain Equipment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Amazing how threads get revived.

I would get RIDGID drums now as Spartan has been sold to a shark of a businessman in my opinion and now....I have been told by the rep that everything is going to be made in China soon if not already.

Ridgid's comparable product for comparable price with a Forum full of help.

J.C.
    That SUX!!! Spartan machines were great machines. Hate to see them go...They will be selling them in Home Depot soon! *Cough* Ridgid*cough*

Comment

I take it the Ridgid sewer machines you guys use here are solid American made units that have nothing to do with the Home Depot Chinese Ridgid line of power tools? I bought a Ridgid air compressor and drill press and they are made poorly. I bought a Milwakee Magnum 1/2 drill there also thinking I was getting American made as the demo said; when I got home and took it out of the box it said "made in China". We are all doomed.
      Last edited by plumb4life; 02-04-2009, 12:25 AM.

Comment

if the only place you can snake from is the roof then id use a k50 but if you want the best band for your buck well sorry to say on roots .....dont play around......get a sectional machine.....if it be ridgid or another brand as long as u have the proper heads and cutters and take your time......all is well.....if it were me id rathwer have a good machine i use 2-3 times a year ready to go on a root job and knowing ill be able to clear it then hoping i can with a smaller machine

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
          I take it the Ridgid sewer machines you guys use here are solid American made units that have nothing to do with the Home Depot Chinese Ridgid line of power tools? I bought a Ridgid air compressor and drill press and they are made poorly. I bought a Milwakee Magnum 1/2 drill there also thinking I was getting American made as the demo said; when I got home and took it out of the box it said "made in China". We are all doomed.
          The "Made in China" debate has been around & around. Milwaukee has been owned by a Chinese Corporation for awhile. I'm probably one of the last generations of people that can remember that "Made in China" used to instantly mean it was a poor product. And it usually was a valid description.

It doesn't mean that necessarily anymore. Chinese companies have drastically improved on their quality on their own or by other companies teaching them so they could then take advantage of their cheap labor.

So you can get very good quality from anywhere. I just think everyone should make a conscious effort to pay an extra % to buy a product with more American labor/parts whenever possible.

I've said it many times, every country has to manufacture something to exist. So try to support yours.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            The "Made in China" debate has been around & around. Milwaukee has been owned by a Chinese Corporation for awhile. I'm probably one of the last generations of people that can remember that "Made in China" used to instantly mean it was a poor product. And it usually was a valid description.

It doesn't mean that necessarily anymore. Chinese companies have drastically improved on their quality on their own or by other companies teaching them so they could then take advantage of their cheap labor.

So you can get very good quality from anywhere. I just think everyone should make a conscious effort to pay an extra % to buy a product with more American labor/parts whenever possible.

I've said it many times, every country has to manufacture something to exist. So try to support yours.

J.C.
            I agree 100%

Comment

Does the K60 require carrying a 220 Generator. Or can it run off of household current?

Comment

120v

Comment

Working...
                X