X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• root ranger

has anyone used the ridgid root ranger? if so any feedback would be helpful,we have a trailer mounted jetter 10gpm 3000psi our ridgid rep said it would work well, so we want to try it and were curious if it would work up to its name. use would be on sewer lines 4-6 inch.

Re: root ranger

It's not as good as a warthog nozzle.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

its a shame its a third of the price. your quote is great by the way and all to true

Comment

Warthog nozzle is the best root cutting nozzle out there. Well worth its price
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Re: root ranger vs Warthog

While you guys are talking about the warthog do you put a small nozzle on first to clear it and then try and cut roots with warthog.
          I was thinking of using the warthog first as trial.

Comment

Re: root ranger vs Warthog

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
            While you guys are talking about the warthog do you put a small nozzle on first to clear it and then try and cut roots with warthog.
            I was thinking of using the warthog first as trial.

I will put the camera in the line from the outside cleanout or trap going back to the house. Go up to the 1st root intrusion. Then push the hose with the warthog up to the joint. Pull the camera back a few feet and turn the water on. Watch it cut away. Stop, move the camera up to the joint, and the roots are gone.
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by aero1 View Post
              has anyone used the ridgid root ranger? if so any feedback would be helpful,we have a trailer mounted jetter 10gpm 3000psi our ridgid rep said it would work well, so we want to try it and were curious if it would work up to its name. use would be on sewer lines 4-6 inch.
              i was looking into getting one. basically it's a orbital 0 degree pressure washer nozzle that is mounted facing back wards. one issue i see is that it doesn't have any forward cutting ability. but it does shoot a very serious rear rotary/ osculating jet of water.

i'm sure it will pull like crazy but not sure if it will get to the roots in a solid stoppage.

now if i had a sample one, it might actually become a root ranger, warthog killer

i can see it doing a good job on roots, as long as it can cut through the front of a stoppage before the rear jet hits it.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

appreciate the explanation rick, were going to give it a shot, price not bad about 325$,well keep you posted.greg

Comment

Working...
                X